New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Fortuner driven by Mr.Quintal (Editor in Chief of a local car mag, C! Magazine) was speeding, lost traction, spun 360 then hit a trooper in the process.

because of massive impact, Trooper went overboard the Skyway.

Trooper fell atop a jeepney, killed a jeep's passenger in the process.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We would just have to wait for Mr. Kenneth Quintal to clear this up.

All this speculation about hydroplaning, driver error, etc. is all useless without any HARD evidence from the ones involved in the accident.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    not that i'm siding with EIC of C! involving the accicdent. since both drivers of Trooper & Fortuner were claiming they were cruising at legal speed. could it be possible that the driver of the Trooper might be sleepy thus affecting his reflexes and judgement when suddenly the Fortuner appeared at his side? Well, having realized this, might the driver of the Trooper abruptly manuevered the vehicle to avoid collision and thus, careening out of control?

As for the driver of the Fortuner, having noticed that the Trooper was hogging his lane, but no time to avoid it- but tried it anyway- has spunned his vehicle?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    kung 80 kph takbo niya, i doubt if a criminal case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide, physical injuries and damage to property were to be filed, he'd be convicted. kung sakali, simple imprudence lang at hindi reckless yung ginawa niya. pero may civil liability siya for the damages incurred.

malas lang talaga. i heard on the news kagabi that the railings on the skyway are not designed to withstand high impacts but are still within int'l standards kaya dapa ingat lang talaga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maswerte si mr. quintal ... hindi sya minumura ng mga tsikoteers hehehe

sa mga threads tungkol sa ibang aksidente, marami nagmumura doon hehehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa luwag ba naman ng skyway kelangan pa bang makipaggitgitan?

What are the chances of having two cars colliding in the skyway when usually it is so empty of cars unless someone was really racing or tailgating?

Also, doesn't heavy rain = slow down a bit? Marami kasing drivers feeling invincible riding in an SUV. Malaki = Tank mentality.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Wake up call also for car-makers. I'm seeing lots and lots of cheap tires on new cars... so we spend extra for seatbelts, airbags and crumple zones, but the most important safety equipment on the car is the tires.
    And people wonder why I spend so much time looking for the best and right tire for my rides. Bagong labas pa lang ng casa eh palit na kaagad? And they wonder why I refer to a certain tire as Goatyear?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Skyway is only three to four lanes wide in some places, and if a vehicle does a 360, it's going to cross those lanes pretty quickly.

Depends also on the time of day... at around 4:30, that's pre-rush hour, there are quite a few vehicles on there.

Personally, I don't like driving on the Skyway in the rain... I mean, why spend extra to drive in the rain, when you can pay regular toll and stay nice and dry, underneath? I always take the regular SLEX when it rains, feels so much nicer to be able to see what's in front of you, and not to have to deal with dirty wipers or slippery roads.

RE: Other accidents? Depends on the accident.
    1. Remote provincial road, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, because tricycles and kuligligs can appear out of nowhere.

2. Dry road at 3 am, straight into a truck or barrier? No-brainer... slow down, idiot.

3. Drive your SUV into a fifty foot deep construction pit? Damnit, Vandolph, go hire a driver and get away from that steering wheel!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Sa luwag ba naman ng skyway kelangan pa bang makipaggitgitan?
    not necessarily. assuming that the driver(Frotuner) did know the consequence of of abrupt steering in wet conditions, perhaps, he just assumed that the 'Trooper' might have seen him coming and thus expected that somehow the 'Trooper' would yield.

opinion lang po. i'm in the 'what if' lang. since we still did not know what really happened.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If it's raining and the pavement is wet, it's intelligent to slow down regardless of speed limit.
    also prudent under the circumstances..

Vehicle falls from Skyway; 4 injured