New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kaya di na ko naniniwala sa gobyerno natin eh....bulok!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    nagkaroon ng meeting mga metromanila mayors yesterday. after publishing daw sa newspapers, they will start apprehending cars with commemmorative plates. warning daw muna sa umpisa at hind muna manghuhuli.

then i heard pnp chief lomibao on radio, sabi nya kasama daw mga vanity plates! e pucha pala sila, umabot ng hundreds of thousands yung ibang plates, tapos after less than a year, ipagbabawal na nila? dapat i-refund nila yung binayad ng mga kumuha ng vanity plates! and sana naman, hintayin nilang magexpire yung mga existing comm plates at ang hulihin nila yung mga illegal and expired comm plates muna. yung mga TMG comm plates, hindi naman pala approved ng LTO, pero mga taga TMG mismo ang nagbebenta!
    hasn't there been a drive against commemorative plates time and time again but nothing really happens?... I wonder if this will go the same way...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    hasn't there been a drive against commemorative plates time and time again but nothing really happens?... I wonder if this will go the same way...
    I think under Chief Lomibao things will be different.
    Last edited by greenlyt; April 21st, 2005 at 08:46 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My take on this is dapat talaga malagyan ng good system yang commemorative/vanity plates na yan. It is one source of income din kasi for the government. If you could afford to have vanity or commemorative plates ok lang as long as you are still traceable kung may violation or crime ka na nagawa or something. Problem lang sa Metro manila and areas which have number coding parang you could "buy" the privelege of being exempted in the coding scheme by using these plates. Just my 2 cents.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200504216305.htm

Gov’t cracks down on vanity plates
    By Cecille Suerte Felipe
    The Philippine Star 04/21/2005

The government launched yesterday a nationwide crackdown against vehicles with vanity and commemorative plates, which are often used to violate traffic rules and regulations.

Interior and Local Government Secretary Angelo Reyes ordered Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Arturo Lomibao to start the massive confiscation of vanity and commemorative plates all over the country.>

Reyes issued the order following complaints from Metro Manila mayors that vehicles with vanity and commemorative plates blatantly disregard traffic rules and regulations, particularly the color-coding scheme of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).

"I ordered Gen. Lomibao and Deputy Director General Avelino Razon Jr. to start the crackdown. So as soon as they get out of this room, confiscation of vanity plates will start," Reyes said.

Police traffic enforcers and traffic aides have also been ordered to accost all vehicles with no license plates and impound them if the drivers or owners cannot produce them.

"Cars without plates should be impounded, even those with conduction stickers. If they can’t follow a simple law, it would lead to a breakdown in the implementation of laws," Reyes said.

Metro Manila mayors, led by Manila Mayor Lito Atienza and Makati City Mayor Jejomar Binay, who were present in the meeting, unanimously agreed with Reyes on the crackdown against vanity plates.

The mayors attended the DILG-called conference to further strengthen coordination between the national and local government on the campaign. The meeting was held at the Heritage Hotel in Pasay City.

It was the third consultative meeting of Reyes with the Metro mayors, which was meant to harness the trilateral partnership among the local government units, law enforcement agencies and the community.

Atienza said there should be a total stoppage of the issuance of vanity and commemorative plates which is only being used by its owners to circumvent the law.

For his part, Binay supported the call, though he noted that issuance of vanity plates are usually being resorted to by some groups for fund-raising activities.

"But these vanity plates make their owners eccentric. They can buy privilege. There is a law on traffic and it must be implemented," he said.

The DILG chief ordered all PNP, particularly the PNP Traffic Management Group, to accost and confiscate all forms and types of vanity plates installed on all vehicles.

Many rich businessmen and affluent people, particularly Filipino-Chinese traders, seek, pay for, and install vanity plates because they are regarded as "status symbol" and traffic law enforcers are adamant to flag them down for violating traffic laws.

Aside from vanity plates, these people also install blinkers and other gadgets in their cars indicating they are "officers of the law" and use them to blatantly violate traffic rules and regulations, particularly crossing red lights and making "counter-flow" on busy streets.

The vanity plates usually seen in the streets were Lawyer, Councilor, Mayor, Governor, Taxpayer, TMG, National Press Club, Maritime Group, PMA, DILG, DOTC, etc., the issuance of which are mostly not authorized by the Land Transportation Office.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ola issue na ito. ganun naman ang eacket ng gobyerno. peperahan ang bumili then i cacancel at huhuliin.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ONLI IN THE PILIPINS!

yung iba naman kasi abusado din porke naka vanity or special plates...umaabuso

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I bet, ningas-kugon na naman ito.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i-confiscate din kaya nila ung vanity plate na may picture ni Gloria? di ba mahal un?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Vanity plates are usually used for color coding evasion. Ang labo talaga ng gobyerno walang direksyon. Una sa lahat, they should penalize the agencies or entities that issue vanity plates kung hindi authorized unless they are in cahoots with them. Pangalawa, matapos perahan ang mga bumili e ipagbabawal. Walang inilayo sa permit to carry ng baril. Pagkatapos perahan yung mga kumuha ng PTC, e revoked lahat. Ang kapal pa ng mga apog, ayaw magbigay ng refund. Although I agree that they revoked PTC's, dapat naman they should have refunded the money. One should not enrich himself at the expense of another person. Nasa constitution yata yan pero exempted ang gobyerno dito.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
vanity and commemorative plates bawal na raw [Merged]