New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wildthing, i urge you to read my first post and succeeding ones. you may create a new thread and rant about those slow vehicles that hog the fast lanes, that is your prerogative. as i stated above, there were 2 lanes open but still he decided to use the exit lane/shoulder. i happened to be on it already and had my signal light on and i was just about to make the curve but still he came fast doing about 120, giving me the highbeam and honking. do you think that's right??? 120? did he exit? no. he just used the lane to overtake the other vehicles. as i said, this posed a very serious threat not only to me but also to the vehicles entering the expressway on the other side. i hope you get the picture. if you want to rant about slow moving vehicles hogging the fast lane, i believe you may do so and there is actually a long thread about that. this thread is different from that. and as i see it, you are justifying the actions of those people who abuse the rules of the road. anyway, that's how i see it. please read all posts THOUROUGHLY to see the whole picture. your last sentence somehow suggests that my concern is not that important to you and that you'd rather rant on something more important. well pardon me, but to me this is a valid concern.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    one more thing, if the volume of traffic is too big, then we forget all rules and instead use our so called common sense? if there's traffic then we wait patiently until traffic clears, i believe that's the civilized way to do things. if we use our "commonsense" but endanger the lives of others in the process is that ok? if this is your argument then i believe it's also ok to counterflow because the volume of traffic is too great? it's okay to counterflow because there are slow moving vehicles in the fast lane? oh yeah, there are rules against counterflowing but hey, this is a different situation and you gotta use your "commonsense"? i don't know man, pretty twisted if you're to ask me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think it is not the issue of "forget all rules" but rather, this things happen because of the current situation in SLEX...and unfortunately, neither you nor me nor even the authorities can stop these 100% unless the road project is finished.

to site an example...NLEX about 10 years ago have similar congestion problem as SLEX. More so when the road was repaired. During that time, there is no such thing as shoulder or even island...basta matatakbuhan ng sasakyan dadaanan yan.

Nobody cared if it was the right thing to do. Nobody cared about penalties or rules of the road. Nobody cared about the safety of their family on board....

The thing was, after the construction (about 3 years back pa nagsimula) ng NLEX expansion...very minimal na ang violators nun.

I'm afraid your rant will only be a rant until after that SLEX project is finished. I personally think that eventually (as the construction extends further), every driver in the SLEX will start using shoulder as the fast lane.... and this will be a "curse" for every SLEX rider for at least the next 4 years.

As it was earlier said by one of the tsikoteers - "Welcome to the Philippines!!!".

:peace:
    Last edited by wildthing; October 29th, 2007 at 02:17 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

You have a point there bro.... I never go to the shoulder lane of SLEX, pero talagang nakakapika ang mababagal na sasakyan sa innermost and middle lanes... Dapat ay hulihin sila ng mga traffic enforcers for obstruction of traffic...

Naalala ko tuloy ang tawag ng iba kong kasama riyan sa service lane ng SLEX..... executive lane raw.....

4303:gun:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    this thing used to happen even before the road expansion projects. and that is still not an excuse. i always let it slide but when they have the nerve to honk their horn at me and give me the highbeam even when they see that i am about to make the curve towards the exit (and they are not going to exit) then that becomes my business. fast lane hogging is another thing, what i'm pointing out is a different thing. and let me say this again, it happened long before this road widening thing. what's the excuse now?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    people may use the shoulder as the fastlane all they want, i can't do anything about that, but if they have the nerve to blast their horns at me and give me the high beam then that's just plain stupid and rude specially when i;m about to exit. a better idea would be for them to ram their vehicles into the back of the slow moving vehicles in the fast lane. i may be kidding but sometimes i wish they'd do that.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Naalala ko tuloy ang tawag ng iba kong kasama riyan sa service lane ng SLEX..... executive lane raw.....

this is so true... i remember when the rehabilitation of SLEX havent started yet, our expat GM (a german national) has this habit of using the shoulder. Coupled with poor implementation of rules by the enforcers, never pa sya nahuli. if ever na mahuli man, maybe intimidated ang enforcers kasi foreigner. pinapalusot with the usual "no more next time, sir."

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    SLEX problems are mainly the drivers. The lack of Filipinos' discipline (including me).

I honestly hate all the fast lane huggers because being stuck in traffic, costs a lot of money. You might not notice it, but traffic costs about 15 Billion dollars worth of lost business, one way or the other.

I made a thread about those expressway goons. Exactly the same sentiments as yours moe and wildthing. Fast lane huggers and Shoulder idiots.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    When I was there my wife and I went to Tagaytay and true enough we saw several people hogging the shoulder lane. When exiting I just make sure nobody is running that lane and being used to my diesel ride I leave enough room for the additional margin of safety in case somebody decides to do a stunt. And if in case they do, I will just let them pass, I'll brake and slow down so I can merge behind them at the point of exit. No point in risking your life, your passengers' lives, as well as your own personal property (your car) to these goons who don't really give any sh!t about proper road etiquette and safety.

If somebody is blaring down the road right behind them, with the added margin of safety, I will just overaccelerate them and pass both until I can safely get out of the through lanes and into the exit ramps. If they insist, I will do a fake until they slam on their brakes, and I can out accelerate them to the exit. Sorry na lang sila if they get into trouble, that's their problem for making it even more dangerous for everybody else.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    (double post)
    Last edited by mbeige; October 29th, 2007 at 03:24 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Using the shoulder as an overtaking/fast lane