New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Filipino drivers are really out of this world!!! I always use the SLEX and it is one of my favorite avenues. WHy? Well, aside from the exorbitant toll fees I consider it a real driving challenge/test what with the countless potholes, uneven paving and now ongoing construction (neverending). ONe thing that really ticks me off is when drivers overtake on the shoulder (fine is 510 pesos!!!) but of course that's considered normal in these parts. However, the thing that really pisses me off is when I'm already in the outermost lane within the solid line, with my blinker on signaling my intention to exit at the next tollgate, and a car comes up behind me honking his horn and flashing his lights, like mad as hell!!!! What the heck am i supposed to do, floor it??? Well, instead of following me all the way to the tollbooth, the driver apparently just used the shoulder to overtake the other vehicles in the proper lanes. I can somehow understand using the shoulder to overtake but when you enter the solid line near an exit you'd better exit!!! This poses a great risk to motorists. This has happened to me like 20 times and i've just about had it! no offense guys, but normally, the impatient guys who do this drive suburbans or expeds, or other big cars. others use wang-wangs too. And the nerve!!! They have the nerve to give me a high beam! Oh, well, just venting.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to the Philippines....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since you mentioned SLEX... sa dami ng ginagawang expansion dyan and most of them are actually inuna sa EXITS you should know by now that the shoulder is part of the regular road already.

In fact, hindi na sila nanghuhuli from alabang upto the end of the tollway and vise-versa basta't na road construction area. As such you should be in the shoulder na as early as 200-100meters na prior to the exit - ke may nag-oovertake pa dun sa shoulder.

I think it is also a common sense that the driver should be looking at their side view mirrors every few seconds and not only at the last minute na papasok sila sa left or right. I think this is the main reason why nabibigla na lang yung ibang drivers na merun pa lang nasa left or right nila na mabilis na sasakyan.

At the current situation of roadworks in SLEX I would rather rant on the slow drivers that take the fast lane or those that hog the lane...kahit alam na ngang yung half ng inner lane ay "kinain" na ng road works....sa current situation ng kalye dun, common sense na dapat ang pairalin - the road marks/line are no longer true lalo na sa mga construction areas.

just my 2 cents. :peace:

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i have experienced this even before the road widening thing and this happens even when there are 2 lanes available. heck, i've been experiencing this since 10 years ago. the thing that irks me most is that they have the nerve to cut through the solid yellow line and high beam and honk their horns at me even if my turn signal is on and i am about to exit. commonsense? i don't think so. if there's construction going on that would be a bit understandable but still they shouldn't give me the high bean nor honk at me since i'm in the right place and my turn signal is a clear sign of my intention to use the exit ramp while all they want to do is pass through. this is dangerous because once they pass through the shoulder they don't cut back into traffic right away and sometimes the vehicles entering the expressway on the other side almost hit them.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm just being patient to these impatient, stupid and undisciplined drivers.

:beer:[SIZE="1"]3312[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wildthing, hmmmmm. you seem to be a bit too fond of the term "common sense". what are you implying anyway? hehe. and yes, i use my side mirrors, rearview too.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    The "laws" or "batas" in the Philippines are mere suggestions.

Implementation was always a problem. Some people love it, while others don't.

The epitome of freedom....ika nga.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    maski naman hinde pa ginagawa yan for road widening ganyan na ang ibang motorista na dumadaan dyan. the nerve talaga. mga b#iset!!! di ba pwede ilagay ang mga MAPSA dyan pag natapos ang road widening tignan natin kung hinde sila maubusan ng Php510 kada violation.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Moe,

Driving here in the Phils needs adaptation.

The easiest way to sum it up is assume that all other drivers are stupid uneducated idiots who doesn't know jack about road rules and courtesy.

Just assume that they are completely stupid and you'll be fine (since you'll be extra careful).

I've experienced what you had, about to exit then someone beams me but i still go through, they have brakes, my car is fast, if they meet an accident, it's their fault.

My only concern is that I'm on the right side of the law. Always insist your rights if you have the time. If we continue to be passive, mediocre minded beings would continue to dominate the streets.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ingat na lang tayo parati.... Ganyan talaga ang utak ng ilan sa ating kapwa driver diyan sa SLEX.....

Wala naman kasing consistent na pagpapatupad ng batas dito sa atin....

4303:gun:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Using the shoulder as an overtaking/fast lane