New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    I myself is not sure kung paano ako naticketan that time. Maybe because the car is registered under my name and tsamba na ako din ang nagddrive during that time.
    chamabahan lang naman talaga paghuhuli dito sa pinas. very prone to human error yung sistema. sa ibang bansa, may camera talaga sa traffic lights para kita yung nagmamaneho nung nagbeat the red light.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    so pag company car or hiram mo lang yung sasakyan, takbuhan mo lang yung mga apprehension tutal di naman ikaw yung titiketan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Up ko lang. Kasi may one case na yung driver(violator pero hindi siya yung owner ng minamaneho) nahuli ng MMDA pero hindi ata tinubos yung license. Tanong ko lang kung mag-rereflect ba yun sa renewal ng license ng owner ng car or sa license lang ng driver yun? Thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hindi naman po kc license naman nung nagddrive during that time ang may record.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *wezz_zzew - Ayun naman pala. Hehehe! Thanks for the clarification!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Saw somene post this. Is this applicable?

MANILA, Philippines - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority on Monday said that it would elevate before the Supreme Court the decision of the Court of Appeals declaring two of its traffic programs void.

MMDA General Manager Robert Nacianceno said although the agency is not implementing the two traffic schemes anymore, they still want the Supreme Court to rule on the case because they believe that it is a legitimate move on the part of the agency.

The CA has declared void the MMDA’s Metropolitan Traffic Ticket (MTT) and Non-Contact Traffic Apprehension, which were introduced three years ago.

The MTT is an improved version of the Traffic Violation Receipt that aims to eradicate corruption among traffic enforcers and motorist and to provide drivers a more convenient way to settle their fines.

Under the MTT drivers that committed a traffic violation doesn’t need to surrender their license and can pay their fines at any branch of the Metrobank nationwide.

The non-contact traffic apprehension on the other hand is a scheme wherein traffic enforcers will take pictures of vehicles while committing a traffic violation and will just sent summons to operators and drivers.

The two traffic programs of the MMDA have been declared illegal by the Makati Regional Trial Court citing the absence of the MMC’s approval. The ruling was upheld by the CA.

Nacianceno said the agency has stopped the issuance of MTT and reverted back to the issuance of Traffic Violation Receipt for them to continue their traffic management function.

MMDA has also stopped its non-contact traffic apprehension and just introduced new schemes to effectively enforce traffic rules. - GMANews.TV

From this site:

MMDA to defend constitutionality of 2 traffic programs before SC | News | GMA News Online

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The non-contact traffic apprehension on the other hand is a scheme wherein traffic enforcers will take pictures of vehicles while committing a traffic violation and will just sent summons to operators and drivers.

Parang ganito pala ung regulation na nakadale sa akin. Don't have time to protest kasi aroung 250-500 lang yata binayaran ko that time and I only have limited time to secure my renewed license.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Up ko lang ito mga bossing. I followed the GMA links and 2013 pa pala ito. So now na 2015 na, In effect ba ang No Contact Apprehension scheme wherein they send you summons if they have a video file of you violating traffic rules?

It seems iba yung naka red flag ka when you renew your license versus receiving a summon. Do we assume that red flagging lang ang in effect now and hindi nakapasa sa SC ang No Contact Apprehension Policy ng MMDA? Ano kaya talaga ang naging decision ng SC dito? Has anyone experienced being sent a letter/summon from MMDA? Please share your experience to update info for this procedure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12