Vehicle tracking service from Smart Telecoms
    http://www.smart.com.ph/SMART/Value+...VS_AV_Avls.htm

Track your car via text message
    http://www.trackme.com.ph/

Disable your car via text message
    http://www.findme.com.ph/writeups/wh...mobillizer.htm

Other vehicle tracking service companies
    http://www.ants.ph/main.htm

I'm sure if the owners of those expensive vehicles knew about these kind of services, they probably would have recovered their vehicles by now and the carjackers busted.

The question is, why are these services not heavily marketed?
    kasi mahal.. nasa 15K yata ang cost ng equipment, tapos meron pang monthly fee..

ang maganda sana eh,
    no monthly fee
    you can use any SIM card
    1 year warranty on parts ng unit..
    you can use globe or smart locator/tracker feature
    you can send a SMS message from any phone to shut down the engine

i still find 15K expensive kasi, the cheapest Nokia 1100 eh nasa 3K lang yata, so the phone electronics itself should already be cheap, then the additional sensors and intelligence/more digital circuits to send an automated SMS (e.g. Door open) will cost an additional 12K to build???? unless mali ako hehe

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    kasi mahal.. nasa 15K yata ang cost ng equipment, tapos meron pang monthly fee..
    15K ??????? That's CHEAP!!!!!! Considering the rear spoiler for a Ford Everest costs about P14,500! Which would you rather want, a rear spoiler or a security tracking system? And take note that we are talking about RICH owners here who can afford to buy million-peso SUVs complete with In-House Financing deals at obscene interest rates and bling-blings. So 15K is chicken feed.

There must be some other compelling reasons why this service is not heavily advertised. In fact, this could even deter carjacking if they know that their stolen vehicle can be traced within minutes.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Mahal nga! Sana magkaroon ng competitor 'to para bumaba presyo! hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX

ang maganda sana eh,
    no monthly fee
    you can use any SIM card
    1 year warranty on parts ng unit..
    you can use globe or smart locator/tracker feature
    you can send a SMS message from any phone to shut down the engine

i still find 15K expensive kasi, the cheapest Nokia 1100 eh nasa 3K lang yata, so the phone electronics itself should already be cheap, then the additional sensors and intelligence/more digital circuits to send an automated SMS (e.g. Door open) will cost an additional 12K to build???? unless mali ako hehe
    mahirap gamitin actual cellphone, kailangan pa i-charge every 2-3 days. add to that, hot item cellphone baka i-off kagad ng carjacker pag nakakita ng nokia sa loob hehehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyFerrari
    15K ??????? That's CHEAP!!!!!! Considering the rear spoiler for a Ford Everest costs about P14,500! Which would you rather want, a rear spoiler or a security tracking system? And take note that we are talking about RICH owners here who can afford to buy million-peso SUVs complete with In-House Financing deals at obscene interest rates and bling-blings. So 15K is chicken feed.

There must be some other compelling reasons why this service is not heavily advertised. In fact, this could even deter carjacking if they know that their stolen vehicle can be traced within minutes.

this is good BUT I think the reason why some carjackers drop you somewhere in the province is bec. they have anticipated na mayroon ka nga ganito device and they're counting on the possibility na matagal ka pa makakabalik sa bahay mo or to call somebody, the more time for them to getaway or even scan the vehicle for transmit/receive frequencies.

kung instantly agaw sa'yo, you cant really text your car to shut down coz malamang kinuha din ng carjacker yun cellphone mo.

now if for instance, nakakuha ka ng cellphone in 10 minutes, there is the predicament na baka ma-i-off mo yun engine pero nasa middle naman ng highway yun tsikot mo. wasak yun kung may kasunod na truck or bus. kunsabagay, ok lang coz sigurado sapul pati carjackers.

the best way siguro eh panic button sa dashboard, click it, after 30 minutes shutdown engine. but still there is the problem na baka sa highway timing mamatay makina.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    this is good BUT I think the reason why some carjackers drop you somewhere in the province is bec. they have anticipated na mayroon ka nga ganito device and they're counting on the possibility na matagal ka pa makakabalik sa bahay mo or to call somebody, the more time for them to getaway or even scan the vehicle for transmit/receive frequencies.
    I read in one of the webpage of this tracking site that they do provide a panic button that will start sending S.O.S. to their company agents as soon as you press it. So that means when a vehicle blocks your path, you can simply push the panic button in 2 seconds as long as you keep it within your reach.

The service coverage is also nationwide so it doesn't matter where they drop you off.

Also, I read from newspapers that nearly all carjackings that happened lately in QC, the owners were dropped off within Metro Manila also. Meaning, the carjackers are not yet familiar with this remote tracking thing.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Question lang, wouldn't this backfire on the victim? I mean, if there's an opportunity to escape, yet it's impossible to attempt when you're almost out of juice. And what if you didn't plan on passing through a high-risk area on a full tank, but eventually had to because of unavoidable circumstances?

Plus, AFAIK, it's unhealthy to run the engine with the tank almost empty.
    i think may point yung nagsabi na run with an empty tank. kasi if ever may chance ka man to escape, sigurado pupunta ka sa gas station. well lighted at may mga attendant dun. so in short, may witnesses. hindi nila agad makukuha ang kotse

kapag ninakaw ang kotse mo at halos wala nang gas, syempre ititirk sila nito. assuming na-radio na yung kotse mo, mas madali ito makita kasi unang hahanapan is gas stations.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Mga bossing, yung sa min na GSM device no monthly fee for the subscription. Just make sure may load lagi yung SIM sa loob ng car para anytime it can report anything that is happening inside your car. Investment is P15k + P1k installation and just use Smart or Globe locator. Tama, mababa yung mga ordinary cellphone cost, but the backbone of the security is the firmware loaded on it. You can copy the design but it might be difficult to build your own firmware. Yung sa Nokia na ordinary cell I don't know if its upgradeable or updateable. Yung design namin is similar to wht TrackMe and ANTS are now using since we are the one supplying these GSM/GPS to these companies. You don't have to pay so much for these device and 15k is really cheap. GSM modules to be used should industrial-type not like those with Nokia cellphones. Anyone interested just PM me to get more details. Brochure is available.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar
    Mga bossing, yung sa min na GSM device no monthly fee for the subscription. Just make sure may load lagi yung SIM sa loob ng car para anytime it can report anything that is happening inside your car. Investment is P15k + P1k installation and just use Smart or Globe locator.
    May panic button din ba yung sa inyo? Or do you mean it is always being tracked all the time? Pano kung si misis ang mag-track nung sasakyan? Yari, baka mas matindi pa sa carjacking ang abutin mo.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Panic button is used to alert yung sa base station that is tracking your car. Since the tracking of your car is done via Smart locator/Globe finder sa yo dapat mapunta yung alert not on a base station. Pwedeng lagyan pero sino ang iaalert nito? You can either give alert to another person to notify na nakuha yung car mo aside from you, i think pwede yun. We can customize depending on your need. If may question kayo just PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Tips Against Carjacking