New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I don't know. As parents, we would all like to keep our children safe from all "bad" things in the world. But do you think you are doing them a favor by insulating the kids from everything in the world? How would that prepare your kids to handle the world when they go out and face it for the first time?

Ironic, isn't it?
    hehehe hirap maging parent. it's "ok" kung "simple" hold-up or snatching/pickpocketing lang ang maganap. pero kung kidnapping or worse, yan ang nakakatakot.

my parents taught us to be careful and independent at a young age. wala pa kong teens iniiwan na kami ng kapatid ko sa cubao magisa. i've been held-up and witnessed other hold-ups a few times already. once lumaban din ako. ilang beses na rin ako naloko at naswindle. now sobrang conscious and wary na ko sa surroundings. naging help din yung mga experiences na yun personally. thankfully, nothing fatal happened.

unfortunately, parang mas naging praning naman ako para sa anak ko. though i would like him to learn 1st hand the dangers outside, i would also like to shield him from the trauma it causes. hirap talaga when you're caught in such a predicament.

so best na lang is proper guidance and just enough protection. teach them to get up when he falls-not prevent him from falling, not to talk to strangers (buti pa ang batang mahiyain, maiwas sa tao), identify potential dangerous behaviour from other people, etc.

regarding video games, ibalik nyo na lang interest ng mga bata sa "old school" games. patintero, taya-taya, sports, biking, tumbang preso, etc. go to some parks/schools to fly a kite, play fetch with your dog, swim, etc. maganda sa physical and social development plus may bonding pa kayong pamilya.

also, expose your children to 'jologs'/'squatter' friends so they'll witness or hear about life 'in the real world'. just make sure that they won't be swayed into joining the dark side
    Last edited by coiter; September 24th, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I frequent timezone gh. I know a few people who have lost their stuff inside na. thats why pag ako I'm always on the lookout. a friend lost his laptop na and another lost his phone. Simple style lang kasi, from school they go to tz, leave their things around, now, whilst playng may kakalabit lang sakanila. pag lingon nila to one side tatngayin na gamit nila from the other side

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    just always keep in mind "never talk to strangers, unless hot girl na humihingi ng number mo"

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    same M.O. happened to me 10 years ago, but it happened on the street.. dang.. i wonder if these guys belongs to the same group... never thought such M.O. still exist after all these years...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yikes grabe naman yun..

mga bata pa tinitira ngayon. mga walang muwang..

panu nalang kung ma trauma yung bata? wawa naman..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Kaya nga po mga fellow Tsikoteers, ingat po tayo at paalalahanan natin ang mga mahal natin sa buhay ukol dito sa mga M.O. na ito lalu na at mag-papasko na ulit!

Naku nagllipana na ang mga mokong na yan! Uso nanaman ang mga makawan sa bangko at mga holdap at snatching!

ALWAYS WATCH YOUR BACK!!!

BE ALERT AND BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    thanks for the warning!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    VICTIM HERE. But in a different case. It also happened in an amusement center.

That was back in 2000.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Timezone Greenhills