New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    That's it I guess. I don't have to argue no more because it seems that you won't be having any remorse for those poor gas boys anyways, all you care about is excellent service good service and fair service.

No one in this thread can even change your point of view, sir. ;)
    perfect service, sir renzo. perfect service.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Hmm ... I can imagine you saying that phrase with a big grin. :rofl:

Anyways, yes ... I used the wrong word, sorry. Perfect service it is.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I actually hate it when they offer to check the oil or whatever. It's just a marketing ploy so they can sell you more oil or whatever fluids they deem lacking. I'm not stupid, I know how to check my own oil anyway.

I wouldn't want some poor forecourt attendant to pay for that oil. Heck, my colleague screwed up bigtime here at work and he didn't have to pay for it...Management simply listed it as an acceptable error.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    marketing ploys are things we have to live with, that's how it is. you can hate them, you can love them, you can simply disregard them. however, they are there for some reason or another.

if you don't want the attendant to pay for the oil then simply don't redeem it. that simple.

now if you think this thread is in the place then why don't i see the pizza hut delivery promo here? we all know (or at least believe) that the free pizza if late is deducted from the delivery boy's salary so why don't we post that here too?

and about the excellent or perfect service, isn't that everyone's goal? excellence is an improbability but at least we strive for it, right? or maybe others go about their work thinking that they're bound to make mistakes so they don't put forth their best effort?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    marketing ploys are things we have to live with, that's how it is. you can hate them, you can love them, you can simply disregard them. however, they are there for some reason or another.

if you don't want the attendant to pay for the oil then simply don't redeem it. that simple.

now if you think this thread is in the place then why don't i see the pizza hut delivery promo here? we all know (or at least believe) that the free pizza if late is deducted from the delivery boy's salary so why don't we post that here too?

and about the excellent or perfect service, isn't that everyone's goal? excellence is an improbability but at least we strive for it, right? or maybe others go about their work thinking that they're bound to make mistakes so they don't put forth their best effort?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    lets just say this,we live in a world of competition and efficiency. its the fundamentals of a successful company/business. if the top competitors have the edge on loyalty and/or marketing tactics, then something must be done to get that all important slice of the pie. hell, the progression of CSR's came into play because companies would like to tap the conscience of its potential clients.

if you live in a perfect world, then its inhumane. rather, we live in a cut throat environment/society. its hard, if not impossible to succeed in a business if your just in it to give jobs. might as well be a non-profit organization.

in conclusion, companies do things for a purpose and mean EVERYTHING. they do not just do these marketing tactics just for the fun of it. its harsh, i know but its the cold reality.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    we dont complain bout the pizza boys, because we know we pay for it.. but when it comes to getting something free.. im pretty sure its a filipino trait to take advantage of that.. so who cares if the forgetful gas boys forget to ask you about checking your oil, after all i think most of us here who knows about the promo would be making sure the gas boys forget, after all were suppose to be getting something free.. just my point of view..

and i agree with sir otep. id rather do my own oil change.. besides wasnt it mentioned here that the best time to check your oil is in the morning when the engine is still cold.
    so for me its a useless promo.. other than attracting customers, its just a marketing ploy.

my question then is.. why cant managers use positive incentive for the gas boys, so that they will do their jobs whole heartedly?

what we should do here in the philippines is do the self service system.. but i guess filipinos are too lazy to do that.. just my point of view guys..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    my question then is.. why cant managers use positive incentive for the gas boys, so that they will do their jobs whole heartedly?

what we should do here in the philippines is do the self service system.. but i guess filipinos are too lazy to do that.. just my point of view guys..
    siguro to answer the question, i would say, if its part of their job, why give incentives? incentives are designed to motivate and do more than what the job entails.

yung last statement... i agree, tamad mga pinoy. :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    siguro to answer the question, i would say, if its part of their job, why give incentives? incentives are designed to motivate and do more than what the job entails.

yung last statement... i agree, tamad mga pinoy. :bwahaha:
    Actually... their job is to pump gas. Not change the oil. In fact... they're not even trained to do an oil change... that's what the service bay personnel are for.

It's so much easier to give a positive incentive. You're asking your forecourt attendants to market for you, offer a bonus (like 50 pesos) for any gas boy who gets a customer to go for an oil change... or a small percentage if they get them to buy extra coolant or oil.

The simple things count. What's surprising is that Total is supposed to have a pretty good training program for forecourt attendants.

Punishing them for not doing something that's pretty stupid (I hate it when they ask that. My oil is my oil, keep your hands off of my engine) is... well... pretty stupid.

---

That's Vernon... not afraid to ruffle feathers...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    well, yes, gas boys title are said to pump gas. as same with other gas attendants from other petrol companies. but how come other petrol stations offer water and oil check? i would have to think that it would be a standard to ask for these service. cleaning windshields, checking for water level, oil, etc does not come with the extra fee.

the oil check, water check, etc, even if some of us do not like it, other people see this as a part of service and maybe, just maybe can get a little more loyalty from drivers that does not know anything about cars but drive it.

on the positive incentive, yes that might be the way to go but we do not know how they came up with this strategy. it might be a last resort of some sort because even with this penalty, they still cannot execute a simple task. it has a big banner saying this and maybe its to remind their employees to check the oil.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
There's no such thing as free oil [ column of vernon b. sarne of topgear.com.ph ]