New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Wala yata sa tamang pagiisip yung mga gumagawa nito...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Common sense dictates to look at where you are crossing or walking for that matter, same is true with driving. Why risk an accident for a mere text?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Daming ganyan lalo na sa mga estudyanteng tumatawid ng Shaw Boulevard papuntang JRU. Direcho nalang tatawid nang wala sa crosswalk nagtetext pa di man lang tumitingin sa daan, or sa harap man lang nila.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kaya minsan ang babagal nila. Parang walang nagiintay na kotse para makadaan silang lahat.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag nasagi mo, kasalanan mo pa........

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Usually pag ganyan tinututukan ko then todo busina. Lalo na yung mga biglang tumatawid.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Isa pang panakit ng ulo yang mga tumatawid na ambibilis kumilos tapos pag nasa gitna ng kalsada eh biglang bagal.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Tapos yung iba naka Ipod or mp3/4/5/6/7/8/9... player pa. Hindi tuloy naririnig kung anong nangyayari sa kapaligiran nila

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm assuming this thread refers to jaywalkers. AFAIK, in "Ped Xing" (Pedestrian Crossing-complete with the white stripes painted on the road), motorists are required to yield to the pedestrians.

As for these jaywalkers, If they are not texting or clustered in their own world by their earphones, they don't even bother looking at the direction of the incoming traffic. Funny, the minute an incoming vehicle approaches in their direction, they continue with their slow walk and turn their head to the other direction, almost as if they are so confident that the vehicle won't hit (possible if driver is drunk).

Somebody told me that, if pedestrian get run over, the liability is with the driver. Guess, that's the reason why these people are so lax, no sense of caution, fear, etc...

I don't know if it was Bayani's idea, but the MMDA used to round up jaywalkers into buses. I liked that.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    There should be a law where the motorist is given a reward if you run over a jaywalking pedestrian... Bonus points pa if they're texting or wearing earphones!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Texting while crossing the street