New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt_taga View Post
    ^ a ganun ba?! sorry... di ko naintindihan maigi pala na walang ranking. hehehehehe

anyhow, bangkok still has one of the worse traffic in asia. but they probably were not included in the list because despite that, thai drivers are still more disciplined than us. i know cause i lived there for some years back then.

I visited Bangkok the other year and one major thing about Bangkok has over us is the road development they have. The overhead expressways is a big advantage in getting around the city quicker.

I also visited Jakarta, Indonesia. Traffic there during rush hours is also one of the worst I have seen outside Metro Manila. But once rush hour is over, traveling on Jakarta's roads is pretty quick.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm.... *ahem*

'World-class'! 'World-class'! 'World-class'!

Sorry couldn't resist...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Dapat first tayo kulang yung news report di na consider yung motorcycle riders na parang mga langaw, they're everywhere, dapat perfectly straight ka mag drive otherwise you will hit the one in your left if not the one in your right and be alert in braking bigla ka cu-cut in few inches away. Then the tricycles biglang mag u-turn without looking kung saan saan sumo-short cut and how about the kuliglig na nag co-counter flow even in a very tight bumper to bumper traffic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The list isn't from worst to best... if Manila is the last item on the list, it's a sure bet it's considered number one.

Still... it's not as bad as in the Ramos era, before the spate of construction projects that decongested Manila were finished. I remember sitting in some four hour traffic jams. There was one six years ago that was memorable... a jam on the SLEX due to Manila traffic meant that everyone was on our local roads making their way north and south...

After taking one hour to drive students to the bus station four kilometers away (it's normally a 30 minute walk), and taking nearly one hour to drive back, I gave up. Parked the van at 7-11 just one kilometer from the school and walked. Saved myself thirty fricking minutes of driving time.

-

Yeah... parang Philippines din yung mga ibang cities. Driving in Quiapo is like driving in Mumbai. The Toronto part describes SLEX traffic perfectly. Heck, we have our own mini-Arc d' Triomphe... QC Memorial Circle... eight lanes, jeepneys diving for the leftmost lane straight across the road, only to screech to a halt behind a biker because... hey... that's a bicycle only lane. People running across, screaming for their lives. Buses diving from the left back to the right at full speed. Idiots in private cars driving like drunken snakes in the middle lane because they don't know where to go... QC Memorial Circle gets my vote as the worst road of all time.
    Last edited by niky; October 8th, 2010 at 12:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If I would have the chance to rank it I'd give the first spot to our own. Its not that I'm biased but based on the site's description of each city it's like they are just part of the puzzle and ours is the complete picture.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I would give Beijing the worse. Was there in 2007. It took us 2 hours to get to the airport to the hotel... And it was traffic all the way, never went past 10km/h. Pila talaga!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    1. India
    2. Manila

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Besides Toronto, Manila makes it to this list too. Should we be suprised? It's more fun in the Philippines!

World's 10 worst cities for driving | CNNGo.com

World's 10 worst cities for driving

They say the adventure isn't in the destination, but in the journey.

That's fine in theory, but after hours inhabiting a hot car in bumper-to-bumper traffic, there's a point when you want to say, “Screw the journey, someone airlift me to my hotel!”

After surveying IBM's 2011 Commuter Pain survey, World Bank statistics and other Internet sources, we put together this non-scientific list of the worst cities for anyone wanting to maintain a perception that there's still any romance left in driving.

3. Manila, Philippines

Well, they said they wanted the traffic to flow ...

In 2001, Manila borrowed US$60 million from the World Bank for transit-related activities. Among other things, the funds were meant to “promote the use of non-motorized transport.”

A campaign asking locals to “Please stop driving,” however, wasn't necessarily the best approach to traffic management.

According to one report, “Residents perceive traffic congestion as their number one problem, followed by air pollution, garbage collection, flood control and the need for security.”

So, Filipinos care more about getting to work on time than they do about respiratory ailments, mounting trash heaps, drowning or being assaulted? Capitalism wins again!

Redeeming quality: You're in a country in which smooth-flowing traffic is apparenly of utmost importance to residents. So, you gotta figure somebody, somewhere is working on the problem. Right?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Manila, Philippines - Ten worst cities to drive in

And we made it to the top 10!

Sounds familiar?:
    di pa siguro nakapunta sa cairo, egypt yung nagsulat nito... imho, sa lahat ng cities na napuntahan ko, cairo ang pinaka-worst!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    India pa

Too short

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Ten Worst Cities to Drive In