New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Mayroon na ba ritong ganito ang naging problema sa pag-renew ng license? Delikadong ganito ang maging practice dahil prone sa abuso....

10.7K:naughty:
    i experienced this myself. Sometime in Feb 2009, i was on my way to Bellevue Hotel. I made a left turn on a yellow light at the intersection and i was stopped by the TE telling me na beating the Red Light daw... He asked for my license, i showed it to him but not giving it to him at nakipagtalo ako na di ako Beating the red light kasi nag-yellow nung pakaliwa na ako. Mahabang pagtatalo hanggang lumapit yung senior sa kanya.

I again explained to the senior TE, tapos sabi, sige na nga. No ticket and just let me go.

And surprise surprise! when i renewed my License last Month, nandun, may violation daw ako and when i got the details, yun na nga yun. reckless Driving on that particular date and location

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by claRkEnt View Post
    bro, it's not actually the license #. He may take note of your plate # and yun ang ire-report nya sa MMDA database. Now, if your car is registered sa name mo, the one that would be flagged would be your License and come renewal time, ayun na! Hopefully, this kind of practice na yung violation is not acknowledged (ticketless) should be stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    now, a friend of mine always brags about how he treated these mmda's who were flagging him.
    just recently he was so irate when he's gonna have his car registered. nagsulputan violations nya, hindi lang isa. di tuloy sya makapag-parehistro. kala nya naka-isa na sya.
    If there is no information presented (license and name of driver) and there is no picture of the car doing the violation itself, how can one mmda guy just say that this car w/ plate XXX-XXX did violation XYZ and just ran away?

Delikado ito kasi kapag yun may totoong violations, kokotongan nalang nila, tapos kung kelangan maka-quota, kukuha nalang sila ng kahit anong plate number at model ng sasakyan tapos sabihin nalang na may ginawang violation at tumakas.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i experienced this myself. Sometime in Feb 2009, i was on my way to Bellevue Hotel. I made a left turn on a yellow light at the intersection and i was stopped by the TE telling me na beating the Red Light daw... He asked for my license, i showed it to him but not giving it to him at nakipagtalo ako na di ako Beating the red light kasi nag-yellow nung pakaliwa na ako. Mahabang pagtatalo hanggang lumapit yung senior sa kanya.

I again explained to the senior TE, tapos sabi, sige na nga. No ticket and just let me go.

And surprise surprise! when i renewed my License last Month, nandun, may violation daw ako and when i got the details, yun na nga yun. reckless Driving on that particular date and location
    Thanks bro for sharing...

Marami ngang buwayang naglipana sa lugar na iyan, pero hindi naman nagpapaaraw. Pumapara pa.....

10.7K:naughty:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Sir ano na lang ginawa nyo? binayaran mo na lang ba just to clear the violation na binigay sayo? pwede ka pala talaga pag tripan ng mga TE na yan parang wala ka kalaban laban.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slalom View Post
    Sir ano na lang ginawa nyo? binayaran mo na lang ba just to clear the violation na binigay sayo? pwede ka pala talaga pag tripan ng mga TE na yan parang wala ka kalaban laban.
    exactly...my mistake was that i renewed my License on the expiry date itself (happy Bday to me) confident that it would be a hassle-free activity (less than 1 hour sa SM Clark). Had i enough time, i would really like to contest it sa MMDA office.

here's the post on that one and you will find similar stories in this thread too

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...60#post1547760

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart26 View Post
    sir share ko lang ito

Updated traffic rules from the MMDA

PRINT AND KEEP A COPY IN YOUR CAR
    On Window Hours and the Number Coding Scheme
    1. No window hours in Makati, Malabon and Las Piñas. Number Coding is in effect from 7 am to 7 pm.
    2. No number coding in Taguig, Marikina and Parañaque.
    3. Window hours in Pasig City are from 9 am to 4 pm.
    4. Number coding in effect in Caloocan, Mandaluyong, Manila, Navotas, Pateros, Quezon City, Valenzuela and San Juan. Window hours are from 10 am to 3 pm.
    5. Pasay City is implementing Number Coding except on the following roads: Ninoy Aquino Avenue, MIA Road, Domestic Road, Airport Road, Sales Road and parts of Buendia.
    6. EDSA, C5, Pres. Diosdado Macapagal Avenue and Roxas Blvd have window hours regardless of the city.
    7. Still no umber coding during weekends and is suspended during national and special holidays.

Rules on MMDA Apprehension for Traffic Violations
    1. MMDA officers are not allowed to group together in order to apprehend. They are not even allowed to stand together in groups of 2 or more. The only time they are allowed to work together is for special operations.
    2. Swerving IS NOT a traffic violation. Moving one lane to the left or right is not swerving, no matter where on the road you do it. And it is even less of a violation when you do it with a signal. Swerving is defined as shifting 2 or more lanes very quickly.
    3. Using the yellow lane is a traffic violation and will get you a ticket. However, buses are really not allowed to go out of the yellow lane.
    4. Your driver’s license MAY NOT BE CONFISCATED at a traffic apprehension. The only time they can do so is if you are part of an accident, or it is your third violation and you have not settled your fines yet. They are only allowed to give you a ticket, which you can contest. He recommends actually receiving the ticket in some instances, so that you can report the officer who did it.
    5. Also, you are free to ask any of these officers for their "mission order", which is written by their supervisor. If they apprehend you for a violation that is not in their mission order for the day, you can report them and they will receive disciplinary action.
    (sent to me via email)

--so hindi violation ang swerving... at TS ayon sayo mukang maayos naman ang pag change lane mo.
    Abusado yung MMDA na humili/sumita sayo.

basta may printout ako sa car namin para pangontra sa mga abusadong Traffic enforcers...
    I know you mentioned "from MMDA", do you have a link for this?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    same din ito ng rule nila sa shaw underpass going to j. vargas. dapat mag-ibabaw ka if going to j. vargas from boni mrt station northbound going to j. vargas. pag nag-ilalim ka, huli ka agad kasi may mga nakaabang na mmda pag-ahon ng underpass.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    I know you mentioned "from MMDA", do you have a link for this?

yes, could we have the link....mag print din ako

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    * sir B2Bomber, it was sent to me via email, but i found the news regarding Number Coding Scheme here http://www.mmda.gov.ph/news.htm#august112010.
    At dun sa Traffic violations and penalties page ng mmda walang swerving pero it was [SIZE=2]Updated: 24 August 2009 pa...[/SIZE]

you can check also this site http://www.smartparenting.com.ph/hom...-from-the-mmda

* sir PSI if you want send ko sa iyo via email

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    parang bawal yata mag right turn from e.rod to edsa..nahuli na rin ako jan ng mmda..dapat daw derecho muna ng aurora tapos dun ka mag u turn then kakaliwa ka papunta edsa..nakipagtalo din ako kasi nga bakit ka pa kelangang dumirecho aurora e andun ka na para kumanan..wala ako nagawa, inabutan na lang ni erpats ung tukmol na mmda..
    ang mahirap kasi sa atin e pano yung mga drivers na baguhan sa lugar..imbis na ituro ang tamang daan ay manghuhuli pa sila..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Swerving?