First time I've renewed my registration at the end of the month and I wont do it again!?!?!?!

Ang bagal sobra ng processing sa LTO muntinlupa. I was there past 10am natapos na ako ng 9pm. Its because of their connections with LTO main in which I learned that LTO is implementing centralization of records, handled by Stratcom.

Bullshit! Their client is always resetting cant connect im a significant time to their main server. Lahat na ng tao nagagalit na. Ako naman I'm very angry not with them but with Stratcom because there the ones implementing the system. it cam to a point that one lady was already so angry with them and accidentally hit me with the door. Good thing that the head Ms. Monina was soooo patient in explaining to me, her and everyone about the situation. Kudos to her. The other LTO branches were all going haywire too. Las pinas manager almost got a stroke because of the chaos.

I'm betting that Stratcom's server cant handle the load at this time. Large volume of registrants with the addition of the onlining registration of their insurances and smoke emission data so their servers just can't handle it!

Whats wrong with Stratcom? They should have done something about this? Kawawa ang mga tao. Biruin mo nationwide ang pangyayari. It's a bad side for them.

Databases is not my field but at least I know enough that you should have backup servers on their satellite branches or thei increase their servers in main or increase their bandwidth... and they should have already foresighted this problem and upgraded. I bet it's another no case study justdo it now or funds problem.

Just fanning out... grabe whole day ako sa lto... leave na tuloy akko. Kung di lan ako busy whole week mas maaga ako nagregister.