New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Everyday scenario in C5 flyover to makati...

Trucks, Private Vehicle, Taxi, Luxury Cars (lalo na!!!), UV express

it is their habit na mag merge left to inner lanes dedicated para sa papasok sa flyover... IGNORING THE YELLOW LANE
    Usually ginagawa nila to para mas madali sila makapasok sa flyover since yung outer lane eh mas mabilis kesa sa lane papasok sa flyover.
    Ignoring those cars na NAGIGITGIT para lang sa sarili nilang GINHAWA...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    illegal merging ignoring the yellow lane ang guilty dito...

basta may merging may heavy traffic!!! hopeless na ito unless may maparusahan talaga

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Trucks driven away from edsa.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Pag diyaan route ko hindi na ako pumipila sa bridge lalo na sa umaga. Dun ako lagi sa rightmost lane tas sa ilalim daan ko.

Sent from my GT-I9082

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Palamuti lang ang mga traffic enforcer dyan, nakapila lang sa gitna, dapat pinapaderetso nila yung nanggagaling sa kanan at huwag payagang mag merge sa kaliwa.

Sent from my MyPhone Agua Iceberg using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to analyze rin why do other cars and trucks do that. If all keep into two lanes only, that line will reach lagpas UP. Even if they squeeze in at the foot of the flyover or a kilometer away, the cause of the slow traffic are the trucks that are managing to climb the flyover at a very slow pace. I'm not sure if letting the trucks go under would alleviate the traffic because they are just too many of them.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    actually, if we will try to ponder deeper on that, it is poor engineering design. in short, ang mga gumawa ng mga fly-over sa atin, di nag iisip. puro short term solutions. we all know tokyo has more people, more cars with the same space as the NCR. but we can't see bad traffic condition like ours. isa pa, failure din tayo sa enforcement at education ng motorist. all we can do is to grin and bear it. ang motto ng drivers sa NCR, ang mainis, talo.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    actually, if we will try to ponder deeper on that, it is poor engineering design. in short, ang mga gumawa ng mga fly-over sa atin, di nag iisip. puro short term solutions. we all know tokyo has more people, more cars with the same space as the NCR. but we can't see bad traffic condition like ours. isa pa, failure din tayo sa enforcement at education ng motorist. all we can do is to grin and bear it. ang motto ng drivers sa NCR, ang mainis, talo.
    Ponder deeper ka pa dyan, layo naman ng comparison mo. Mas madami sa Tokyo na trains ang gamit or bicycles. ang Car registration dun is very expensive so youll have second thoughts in getting one.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, the C5 Bagong Ilog flyover is at least one lane short to handle road traffic capacity. Add to that the slow movement of vehicles after it as cars approach the Bayani U-turn flyovers and Fort exit. I actually go straight under that flyover at times... okay din naman and a little traffic management and directing vehicles under can actually help improve traffic flow IMO..

On EDSA - Shaw, notorious sa pag cut and merge ng walang pakialaman from the rightmost lane to the underpass are the GTEx vans usually... along with private cars and a handful of buses. Inutil ang MMDA to do anything about it (source of traffic is usually the Boni Ave area where buses clog the road). Again, if they can keep buses on the first two lanes of EDSA - Shaw ibabaw, excess vehicles can actually take ibabaw to go straight even during rush hours.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Sa Pasig proper ako nanggagaling sa umaga so I merge onto C5 just before the Pasig river bridge. Agree with sir Vinj, traffic backs up kilometers before C5 Bagong Ilog because of the narrow approach to the Elevated U-turns and the Fort exit. To add, masikip for 4 lanes yung bridge and yung inner 2 lanes magme-merge into one.

In the evening, opposite direction naman yung perwisyo dyan. Sumisingit at the last minute ang mga GT Express and Taxis (even private vehicles!) sa single lane pababa ng Bagong Ilog kaya nahaharangan yung paakyat ng flyover.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast