New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I have a Bpi Petron card and Sm advantage card. When I gas up at Petron using the Bpi Petron card which has 3% rebate,and my Sm advantage card to gather points, the Sm advantage card was not honored because I cannot be benefitted with 2 promos at the same time. The point is I both paid the Bpi petron card and the Sm Advantage card annual dues. I am entitle to have same privileges without limits even I used those card at the same time.Although some Petron stations honored both cards but most of them dont.
    I called up the Sm advantage customer care center today and they told me it is at the discretion of the Peron stations. I felt being short change with these kind of card, It is better to rename it as SM DISADVANTAGE CARD if they cannot deliver the points as it should be.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ano po ba sabi ng customer agreement ninyo? Baka naman nakalagay doon na talagang discretion na ng gas station o kaya na hindi puwedeng doble? Madami kasing tao hindi nagbabasa nung fine print eh tapos nagagalit na lang pagka hindi nakuha ang kanilang gusto. Pero kung nakalagay doon ay puwede o kung WALANG BINABANGGIT, why not write to their customer service department and point this out to them?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Promo's have terms and conditions too. Better read them and understand what it says. Pag nakita mo na talagang pwede syang i dispute, go ahead.

As the companies always say, "READ THE FINE PRINT".

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ok din naman siya. last year kasi naka 2+++ points ako, pinang grocery namin yun.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well... it's an "SM" Advantage Card not a "Petron" Advantage Card... what they are offering for Petron customers is just an add-on service with its own terms & conditions (since you can primarily use only the said card for SM owned stores, heck - even tenants in SM Malls do not even honor / use it).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    Ano po ba sabi ng customer agreement ninyo? Baka naman nakalagay doon na talagang discretion na ng gas station o kaya na hindi puwedeng doble? Madami kasing tao hindi nagbabasa nung fine print eh tapos nagagalit na lang pagka hindi nakuha ang kanilang gusto. Pero kung nakalagay doon ay puwede o kung WALANG BINABANGGIT,
    why not write to their customer service department and point this out to
    them?
    Ok i will checked again with the fine print or call up their customer care center if there is really that provision . Hindi ako nagagalit pagka hindi nakuha ang kanilang gusto. I just want to point out our right as consumer even with these little thing since you get only one point( Ps 1) for every Ps 300 purchase of gas using a credit card. REmember we pay our annual fee to both PetronBpi and Sm Advantage card, never mind if these are given for free.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    *TS: I think dapat ang reklamo mo is the Petron and not SM advantage card. Since ang Petron naman ang di nag-honor to redeem your points when you pump gas sa kanila. Baka pwede palitan yung title ng Petron Dis-advantage Promo. peace

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Well... it's an "SM" Advantage Card not a "Petron" Advantage Card... what they are offering for Petron customers is just an add-on service with its own terms & conditions (since you can primarily use only the said card for SM owned stores, heck - even tenants in SM Malls do not even honor / use it).
    +1 on this. IMO it is quite useless for me, i seldom buy things from sm owned stores. medyo konti kasi ang range ng choices sa stores nila and madalas nakakalimutan ko pa yun card. after a year yata or 3 years nag-expire na yun card and the saleslady from sm asked us if we want to renew the membership dahil sayang din daw yun points. well i declined, di ako nanghihinayang sa points since i already bought what i wanted from their store.
    Last edited by badsekktor; February 7th, 2008 at 11:08 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    S: I think dapat ang reklamo mo is the Petron and not SM advantage card. Since ang Petron naman ang di nag-honor to redeem your points when you [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]pump [COLOR=blue ! important]gas[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] sa kanila. Baka pwede palitan yung title ng Petron Dis-advantage Promo. peace

Kaya nag post ako ng thread to make aware of their promo. Petron and Sm advantage should come into terms on what they are going to do and comes out with something defnite. Everyone would be informed and be happpy. Thanks

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Para sa akin, something than nothing ang SM advanage card.

Sa pagkakaalam ko, normally, di mo puwedeng pagsabayin ang dalawang promo sa isang purchase.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Sm Advantage Card-advantageous ?