New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Walang problema to'. Meron nga Anfra na may bagong plates.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It's perfectly fine for an old vehicle to have a new series plate, rather than the other way around.

This can happen if the vehicle is:
    * imported
    * formerly government owned
    * formerly used for "For Hire" services (taxi, rental, lease, etc)
    * formerly holds a diplomatic plate (4-digit, all blue)
    * formerly holds a tax-exempt plate (5-digit, all blue)
    * carnapped and recovered (re-issued plate)
    * owned by a person who uses special/protocol plates (e.g. 10, 16 NCR xxx, etc.)

In some cases, the vehicle is used to be owned by someone popular or in politics. Like there's this someone I know of that bought a vehicle (Benz) from a Senator. For security reasons, the new owners requested a new plate to be issued to them. For instances like this, the LTO would grant the request ONLY IF it's valid, like in my example, security concern of the new owners.

I hope this clears everything out!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pwede yan... maaring recovered, or nagpalit talaga sya...

may "M" na sticker ba?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hindi ko agad nakuha yung ipinapahiwatig nung picture.. binasa ko muna yung mga susunod pa mga posts... slow poke ..

oo nga, confusing yung new plate sa old car model..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    It's perfectly fine for an old vehicle to have a new series plate, rather than the other way around.

This can happen if the vehicle is:
    * imported
    * formerly government owned
    * formerly used for "For Hire" services (taxi, rental, lease, etc)
    * formerly holds a diplomatic plate (4-digit, all blue)
    * formerly holds a tax-exempt plate (5-digit, all blue)
    * carnapped and recovered (re-issued plate)
    * owned by a person who uses special/protocol plates (e.g. 10, 16 NCR xxx, etc.)

In some cases, the vehicle is used to be owned by someone popular or in politics. Like there's this someone I know of that bought a vehicle (Benz) from a Senator. For security reasons, the new owners requested a new plate to be issued to them. For instances like this, the LTO would grant the request ONLY IF it's valid, like in my example, security concern of the new owners.

I hope this clears everything out!

Sir russpogi,

Galing ng explanation. Tama nga clear na clear. may mga ganyan din akong nakikita na kotse start with Z pa nga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Actually, hindi ako nagtataka sa mga ganito na old cars na may new plate dahil alam ko nga yung mga old cars puwede mo papalitan ng bagong plate....

what got my attention the other week lang along Edsa, is a current model Hil-Lux na may plate number na nag-start sa W. And yung design nung plate is yung hindi pa Rizal plate. Ang pagkaka-alam ko ay yung mga W plates na white pa yung background mga late nineties na model pa... and yung current model na Hi-Lux end of 2004 lang lumabas...

so immediately, inisip ko something is fishy with that car.. ni-try ko sundan kaso biglang nawala siguro lumiko on one of the roads adjacent to edsa...

kung meron nga sana akong nakitang pulis o mmda gusto kong ituro.. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_dean View Post
    Sir russpogi,

Galing ng explanation. Tama nga clear na clear. may mga ganyan din akong nakikita na kotse start with Z pa nga.
    Glad to help sir!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kindly check in sa LTO files if sinungaling nga talaga.
    we dont know if the car is voluntary tax paid or the car was used to be a stolen then a recovered vehicle,or it used to be a diplomat/government and awarded sa bidding,let us not judge the car/owner agad.yan ang mali.yan ang only in the phillipines.

note.
    my car is a 1997 toyota corolla xl.local corolla.
    and my plate number is xpl_939.

pano yun?

thanks

to give you an info:
    guys we should look for a car na too modelo for an old plate,
    too old for a new plate which its plate is corresponding sa sequence ng local form dealership cars and cars which has fake plate numbers,
    discolored.dilapidated/marami ng butas para sa lalagyanan.
    or the captions of the plate doesn't go with the plate model.

re on the pic,i see the plate is issued by LTO diliman.main.
    it is tax paid and maybe awarded from ADB,asian development bank.they are the only dimplomats who use local cars as their service vehicle.

i hope my words helped.
    i got the background on the plates from my titos
    most of them are tmg.
    thanks.i lbe monitoring lost/stolen vehicles still to give attention.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i added question mark sa thread title

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sinungaling na plate number?