New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Just a heads up to everyone who is commuting on a bus particularly the G-liner buses plying the Quiapo-Cainta route.

I don't know if I was just lucky or this group is just very active as I have came in close encounters with them 3 times since late last year, the second one was early last week, and the third was last saturday.

I almost fell prey to them the first time I encountered this group, they hailed the bus somewhere in Legarda, it was already about 6:00p.m., one of them sat beside me, and the others scattered themselves in different seats, another member of the group, oldest among them, sat on the opposite seat where i was sitting. What made me suspicious about them was when the old one who is seated on the opposite seat angrily shooed the conductor by saying "bakit nandyan ka pa? nagbayad na kami ah?".. yes some of them did pay for the ticket.. at this time, i felt something is fishy going on. I then realized after that, the old man, while he uses his bag as a cover, was trying to feel what's inside of the bag of the guy seated beside him (the bag of the guy is hanged on the backrest in front of him).. then one of them stood in the middle of the isle blocking everyones way.
    As I was nearing my destination, luckily another passenger is also getting off, so I hurriedly stood up and pushed my way out of their blockage.. one of them immediately stood up also and tried to block me upon seeing me leaving my seat, fortunately they got nothing from me...

Early last week, again, they hailed the bus I was in, one of them again sat beside me.. not too far away, an old woman alighted from our bus then she started saying something to the conductor, the one seated beside me got agitated and began yelling the conductor "hoy! idiretso niyo na yan!".. i just heard the conductor asking the old lady "sinong kasama niyo?".. then our bus drove off.. the one seated beside me suddenly stood up and went in front of the bus near the door, as the bus stopped, passengers began to line up near the door getting ready to get off the bus while the guy who went in front of the bus earlier blocks the door and the other members of the group also hurriedly and intentionally pushed each other and bumping the passengers in front acting like they got off balanced.. after they got off the bus, the conductor said “yun yata yung nakakuha eh, yung naka bag..”
    Then last Saturday, around 4:30p.m., again, the bus I was riding was hailed by them. I did not notice them get in the bus as I was seated near the back of the bus on the 3 seater side near the isle. An old man approached me so I gave way to let him pass and take a seat, I’m still sitting near the isle when another man went beside me and said “excuse me…”, at this moment, I realized the old man beside me won’t move, even there’s no one is sitting beside him.. my instinct told me that this is not good.. I decided to stand up to move near the front of the bus, then I heard the guy standing beside me saying “ay hindi.. malapit lang ako..” still I proceeded in front of the bus and stood 3 rows away from the door where the driver and conductor can see me..
    As of this moment, a lot of commotions is already going on at the back, members of the group keeps on moving from one seat to another, some are standing, even assisting passengers to have a seat.. then one guy who just got in the bus was assisted with these guys to go to the middle, not too long after that, the guy shouted “celphone ko! May kumuha ng celphone ko! Eto si kuya ang kumuha!” He grabbed the guys bag, which is one of the groups member, then he replied “anong ako kumuha.. bababa lang ako eh..”, then other members of the group started shouting “ayun o! bumaba na, bumaba na!” distracting everyone on the bus, after that, all of them was able to get off the bus, with the passengers cellphone…
    I can not blame the passengers nor the driver and the conductor for not doing anything, since there were a lot of the group, they might put themselves at risk if they did something to help. Hopefully they'll be apprehended soon... this happened in along pureza and taft avenue...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    madalas pa naman sumakay ang mga kaibigan ko diyan. dapat may magreport niyan sa police para mahuli na yang mga yan.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    nangyari yan sa kaklase ko same modus kaso sa jeep lang dinistract nila na sabi pulutin daw muna ung piso then suddenly nawala na ung cellphone nung kapatid niya.. pero nakita niya na kinuha ung cellphone... tapos nakikipagaway na ung kaklase ko sa jeep babae un e.. tapos bigla daw bumaba ung isa..tapos sinabi na "ayun o nakababa na habulin mo!"

tip ko lang
    dapat mapagmasid tayo.. mas maganda kung ung cellphone natin and other belongings is dapat natin cinecheck or as possible itago sa bag. kasi ung bulsa ang target nila

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    TS, sir, why not reporting this to the police...? kasi, as far as i can recall naglalagay sila dati ng marshall/police na naka-civilian sa mga bus. o ningas kugon lang PNP natin, or sabagay baka mas delikado.. baka magkaputukan. hayyy buhay nga naman sa mundong ibabaw, nagkalat mga kampon ni satanas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *sir redeemed, really would want to report them to the police, or better yet to one of those "isumbong mo kay tulfo or XXX" type of shows.. nakakalungkot lang kasi sabihin, although ofcourse not all, karamihan kasi sa mga police hindi din maaasahan... if only I could take snapshots of those guys...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MEDIA!! Just simply text to them their modus or give them the link to this thread.. That way we can remind our fellows to be more alert against these robbers..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I always keep my eyes open when commuting on buses, and I am not afraid to help a person in need too. Why? Because as early as my elementary years...me and my younger brother were victims of those holdapers or snatchers. I know the feeling of being helpless...and I don't want anyone to feel the same. I remember having a fist fight inside a bus along EDSA during my school days because I saw the guy taking something off another person's bag. One thing I can say...NONE dared to help.

I hope they don't ran into me after the gun ban as I too use the G-Liner bus to Quiapo on my way to Rizal Stadium to swim. Because if I see a snatcher or holdaper...I won't ask any questions...I will just walk near him and shoot him in the head.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I hear you sir cktlcmd... it's really sad to think that people is working hard to earn money to buy things they wanted, then it will just be robbed by someone else just like that... anybody knows how to contact "tulfo" or "xxx"?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    I hope they don't ran into me after the gun ban as I too use the G-Liner bus to Quiapo on my way to Rizal Stadium to swim. Because if I see a snatcher or holdaper...I won't ask any questions...I will just walk near him and shoot him in the head.
    ganito ata ginagawa sa davao, tinutumba agad kahit daylight... kaya ayun, takot mga holdapers, snatchers, rapist, et al. & i guess suportado to ng mga davaoeño. kasi kahit sila mismo nagte-testify.

tama ka cktl, karamihan kasi ayaw na makialam.. nag-aalangan din, siguro dahil na rin sa kawalan ng tiwala sa batas natin.. PNP per se. mas gugustuhin pang tumahimik na lang. sabi nga ni TS, & even ako... nag-aalangan na rin sa kapulisan natin. best option na talaga is via media. kasi, sinasamahan din ng PNP or NBI every operations nila. yeah... best bet na talaga ang media. try mo TS baka pede. kawawa kasi mga nabibiktima. dapat dito sa metro manila kamay na bakal din.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    I hear you sir cktlcmd... it's really sad to think that people is working hard to earn money to buy things they wanted, then it will just be robbed by someone else just like that... anybody knows how to contact "tulfo" or "xxx"?
    wag na kay tulfo... hindi sila kikita dyan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Robbers victimizing bus passengers