New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by thejerk View Post
    napansin ko naman mga truck sa NLEX, when they overtake, they switch of their signal lights until the head back to the middle lane. so alam mo na hindi pa siya tapos magovertake. i guess it's some kind of courtesy for other motorists to know.
    I do this too. Naka-on palagi ang left hand signal light ko. Especially when I'm overtaking multiple vehicles, then switch to right hand signal lights when going back to the middle lane.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    ako naman pag nagpapasalamat, pitik ng busina lang and peace sign..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ako nag flying kiss...deadma lang sila...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Put3,- bro.shadow,- huwag mong sabihing ikaw ang nag-flying kiss sa akin sa ATC a couple of months+ ago, nuong pinagbigyan ko siya sa intersection,- e babaeng-babae iyon sa pagkakakilatis ko...

17.4K:date:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Sa province namin, during night time truck drivers would automatically switch to low beams pag nakasalubong mo sila sa highway.
    Mabait sa inyo...

Sa Batangas area swerte mo na pag may gagawa ng ganyan... madalas kailangan mo pa makipag silawan dyan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Mabait sa inyo...

Sa Batangas area swerte mo na pag may gagawa ng ganyan... madalas kailangan mo pa makipag silawan dyan
    may mga bastos talaga. pero napansin ko lately, mga naka fortuner and monterosport ang hilig mag high beam. madilim na headlight nila?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    may mga bastos talaga. pero napansin ko lately, mga naka fortuner and monterosport ang hilig mag high beam. madilim na headlight nila?
    naka bukas pa ang fog lamps na white color bulb at tutok na tutok sa mga kotse :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Saakin kasi, if hindi naman alanganin yung pag-merge ng kotse I usually give way. As to why I do this, tingin ko kasi mag-chain effect yan. If pinagbigyan ko siya, masasabi niya "may mabait pa palang natitira so I'll give way to the next car that wants to pass" so tuloy tuloy yun.

Kung di naman magbibigay, maiinis yun hindi pinagbigyan at masasabi "bakit ako mag-give way eh wala na rin naman nagbibigay nowadays?"

Well that's what I do. When someone gives me way, yun car na susunod mag-merge bigyan ko na rin.

Pero if someone doesn't give me way at talagang halatang madamot (makikita mo na sobra tumutok) I'll try to find a way na mapupunta sa unahan niya tapos abalahin siya lalo by giving way to others so lalo siya matagalan. Hahahaha. Or, I just open my window, put my hand out then signal kung pwede ako pumasok. Mas madali pa nga kung ganun eh.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    here's my share of my road courtesy...

basic rule, respect me and i will respect you...

eg 1. use your signal lights and i will give way... if you dont then im sorry, i cant read your mind... and you deserve my loud horn, just to wake you up so you wont do it again.
    eg 2. over taking by using counter flow is a big NO for me, i wont give you way even if you use your signal lights to merge to the proper lane... after all you cheated all of us, so dont expect me to give way! merge at your own risk bec i have the right of way...you deserve my loud horn, just to wake you up so you wont do it again.
    eg 3. pedestrians who dont use the pedestrian lanes deserves my loud horn... because in my experience, if i give way, they would cross and walk so slowly and even would not completely cross the road bec they are afraid of the on coming traffic... but if pedestrians use the pedestrian lanes i would make a full stop...
    eg 4. approach me w/ your high beam HL or non projector HID, and you get the same treatment from me... you deserve my loud horn, just to wake you up so you wont do it again.
    eg 5. to the drivers who have poor vision that cant read the big signs at the coastal road toll plaza and tries to merge in illegally (singit), im sorry, i wont give way... you should have your eyes checked bec you are a danger to the other road users... you deserve my loud horn, just to wake you up so you wont do it again.

it all boils down again to my basic rule...

respect me and i will respect you...

:batman:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    What I experienced in the middle east is kapag me sinusundan ka na long truck / trailer...they give you a warning not to overtake kapag me kasalubong by having their left signal lights on and kapag clear to overtake na they will turn on their right signal lamp.
    Yes! I also had nice experience regarding this. lalo na kapag pinoy yung truck driver then pag lampas ko naman sabay short beep ako to say thanks.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Parang hindi na uso ung road courtesy dito sa atin sad to say. Pero hindi naman lahat.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Road Courtesy