New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa akin naman when i change lanes.. signal lang tapos kabig na.. kasi pag dahan dahan parang mas dangerous..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Bro,
    Methink you've missed my point. Sabi ko, when the other car is overtaking you. If you can imagine a two lane road, another car is behind you, then attempts to overtake you, pag pumantay na siya sa iyo, i do believe you have to give him a little space like slowing a bit (but not stepping on the brakes, just releasing your feet a little on the accelerator will do). Theoritically, wala ng immediate na kasunod sa iyo kasi siya na ang kasunod mo na nag-overtake sa iyo. Now, kung bigla lang me bumulaga na kasalubong, you will not be sure what will be the reaction of the overtaking driver, but most probably he will try to immediately cut to your lane to avoid the oncoming vehicle. So, kung nag slow down ka ng bahagya, you have given him the chance to pass cleanly in front of you and you will not be forced to frantically applying the brakes. IMHO, defensive driving lang, ika nga. Now about changing lanes, I have 3 action rule which I adhere to, that is: signal, tingin, kabig.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i see burjegol. 'salubungan' pla ang ibig mong sabihin.

OT: dapat di sya nag subok mag overtake pag 'salubungan' ksi usually meron namang 2 yellow stripes to indicate na bawal.

kala ko ksi from fast lane to middle lane (safe lane), or from middle lane to slow lane. pero pag salubungan * gusto mag overtake itatabi ko nang konti sa kanan(kung pwede pa)para malaman nya na i'm letting him pass by.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    bro kingkaboodles,
    do you think marami sa mga drivers natin dito understands the meaning of road lines, the solid, white and yellow? well, giving the overtaking vehicle a bit of space by going a bit to the side is also a very good move (as long as it is safe to do so).

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    A lot of people don't know the signs talaga. And yet they have licenses ha. And to think my mom made me read a book about driving before enrolling in a driving school. pede na pala kahit nde... daya nung iba. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ts1n1ta
    A lot of people don't know the signs talaga. And yet they have licenses ha. And to think my mom made me read a book about driving before enrolling in a driving school. pede na pala kahit nde... daya nung iba. hehehe
    OT:
    napanood ko sa TV noon tinanong ung mga dyip drivers dyan, sa may manila city hall / lawton area, alang nasagot na matino eh. hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by burjegol
    Sabi ko, when the other car is overtaking you. If you can imagine a two lane road, another car is behind you, then attempts to overtake you, pag pumantay na siya sa iyo, i do believe you have to give him a little space like slowing a bit (but not stepping on the brakes, just releasing your feet a little on the accelerator will do).
    Hehehe, I missed the overtaking part. Good point, however you only do that if the vehicle overtaking you is capable of passing you, if not it would be better for the overtaking vehicle to just slow down and go back behind you.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad thing is the common reaction of uneducated drivers is to swerve instead of braking

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
the right way to change lanes