New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hopefully they were originals as it is very hard to distinguish an original compared to a replacement by just looking at the rotor disc. The only way to find out is seeing for yourself the box that came in with the rotor disc. Anyways, given the benefit of the doubt that the rotors were original and the bushings and pads are replacements....9k will still be a bit pricey. 8k might do it. But of course if convenience is important for you then I suppose 9k would be ok. Assuming the rotors are original but if not then 9k would be a rip off.

Check partstar and carpower to countercheck the prices.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    There is 1 way to "deceive" a customer. Let's say that the original rotors from casa are 3,300 each. A repairshop can always get a replacement rotor disc for about 800.00 and pass it on to the customer just a bit less than 3,300....like 3,000 pesos and just say the replacement rotor disc is original. Just be aware of it.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The brand "RSPEC" Rotor disc are very nice replacement rotor discs which cost way way less than 3k each. They are about 1k (give and take) in fact each

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks sa mga info apecsos. Buti na yung nalalaman ng car owners yan para makapag ingat.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    sir apecsos, it seems your still angry at limcaoco's group, hindi yata napagbigyan yung demand mo sa pinagawa mo sa shaw? ano po ba nangyari dun?

and isnt it unfair sa ibang franchisee ng rapide na maayos naman and fair sa mga customer ang serbisyo nila? like me sa rapide meralco din ako nagpapaayos like yung isang tsikoteer din nagpagawa din sa kanila worth 9k, yes maayos naman sila kausap and ok din naman manager dun. pero it seems na lahat yata inaatake mo.

kase ive always canvass prices with regards to my car repairs syempre you cannot compare prices from shops and auto supplies dahil outsourcing nga kase ang rapide but given the fact na pag nag-canvass ako ng parts sa auto supply plus labor sa ibang shop, lumalabas kase sa total mas napapamahal pa ko compare sa rapide.

with regarding sa mga suppliers kilala ko din naman sila. i know na kayabas are from chuan lam in binondo, bendix' are from all inclusive, bearings are manila bearings, celica i know roland there (kung nandun pa sya) dahil may toyota din ako dati. and also kilala ko din ang mga suppliers from pasay to banawe. kilala ko din sila philip wong and i know you also know him.

in short, franchisees seems ok naman for me based on my experience vs company owned rapide's dahil na-try ko na din sila.

(my opinion only)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Naging madugas ang mga limcaocos. They always ask from a store manager to increase their sales so that kita ang company and at the same time lalaki ang store manager's incentives. Well, sa branch na hinawakan ko, I have increased their sales to a consistent 60% from when I started there. Then you know what happened? He started to find ways of decreasing the incentives. From 3% down to 2% gross sales plus he used customer satisfaction as a condition to get the incentives. In other words, he is finding ways to bring down the incentives for his own personal gain. Very Bad. On top of that, he has a schedule of paying incentives on the 10th of each month and salary on the 15th each month.....guess what....he constantly delays it....finds loopholes not to give it on time or reduce the money that he is supposed to pay. That insincerity has caused many store managers to do "hocus-pocus" transactions or worse yet steal from the sales.

I know meralco, I personally know who runs the show there. It starts with an "E". Won't comment on him but I know him very very very well.

Pati mga mechanics dinugas ni Mr. Limcaoco, more sales and more productivity results to lesser pay in the end. Very Bad. Talk to the 2 mechanics in Boni whose name starts with "T" and "V". They know the truth. Both of them have been transferred to Boni from shaw blvd.

I have always taken cared of them and fought for them but in the end the Limcaocos finds ways to cut the takehome pay of the store manager and my mechanics.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Basta ang sa akin.....I have worked for Rapide and I know the ins and outs and the techniques that other managers do. Just be cautious as some of the store managers in franchise have worked for company owned Rapide's.

Just be smart and know what part of your vehicle is indeed faulty. Take for example, I have seen 1 and I know....just a radiator cap was faulty causing the vehicle to overheat. Know what happened? The customer ended up replacing the radiator, Thermosensors, thermoswtich and the auxilliary fan. Just make sure you understand your vehicle and the prices....if you do then it's ok to have your car repaired even at Rapide franchises.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thats very bad indeed! im on your side sir apecsos. but how about those franchisees? maybe hindi ganun ang salary scheme nila kase based on my observation hindi naman ako natataga ng franchise rapide. i know cause nagka-canvass ako without them knowing it.

maybe i'll try to ask the manager sa rapide na pinagpapagawaan ko kung pano salary scheme nila. then from there malalaman ko kung paano ang process ng trabaho nila.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    As far as I know about the franchisees, the adapt the same process as Rapide company owned. But the only thing I found out by talking to one of the franchise owners is that they understate their sales and have some under the table transactions. Why? Because they pay royalty to Rapide based on sales. So there is also pressure on the franchisees to make money as Rapide demands monthly royalties. As with their salary schemes.....I think to each his own. But as far as I recall, it's the same banana with company owned but just a different pricing scheme. Not sure about that.

It's the company owned things that I know very very well.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gertrude View Post
    sir apecsos, it seems your still angry at limcaoco's group, hindi yata napagbigyan yung demand mo sa pinagawa mo sa shaw? ano po ba nangyari dun?

and isnt it unfair sa ibang franchisee ng rapide na maayos naman and fair sa mga customer ang serbisyo nila? like me sa rapide meralco din ako nagpapaayos like yung isang tsikoteer din nagpagawa din sa kanila worth 9k, yes maayos naman sila kausap and ok din naman manager dun. pero it seems na lahat yata inaatake mo.

kase ive always canvass prices with regards to my car repairs syempre you cannot compare prices from shops and auto supplies dahil outsourcing nga kase ang rapide but given the fact na pag nag-canvass ako ng parts sa auto supply plus labor sa ibang shop, lumalabas kase sa total mas napapamahal pa ko compare sa rapide.

with regarding sa mga suppliers kilala ko din naman sila. i know na kayabas are from chuan lam in binondo, bendix' are from all inclusive, bearings are manila bearings, celica i know roland there (kung nandun pa sya) dahil may toyota din ako dati. and also kilala ko din ang mga suppliers from pasay to banawe. kilala ko din sila philip wong and i know you also know him.

in short, franchisees seems ok naman for me based on my experience vs company owned rapide's dahil na-try ko na din sila.

(my opinion only)
    Very Good. At least aware ka and more or less hindi ka madudugas. What really disappoints me if some get victimized by Rapide due to the customer being ignorant. Hindi mo masisi ang manager because 3-4 times ka mag-miss ng quota.....SIBAK KA. Gertrude, sounds like you have been around at mukhang may auto supply ka....hahaha. Well you know for a fact na lahat ng mga sinulat kong different suppliers are very credible suppliers. More or less dun talaga sa mga sinabi ko eh mura.

Basically it's the parts aspect that takes up the big part of car repairs. So it' s better to buy the parts yourself and get your favourite mechanic or talyer to fiz it for you. That's the best.

RAPIDE FeedBack Thread [merged] (horror stories & others)