New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jois0319 View Post
    I agree with you Sriver.
    And dapat ipatupad nila yung Ordinance na No Parking na talaga sa mga public places para maayos ang traffic ng bansang ito.
    Yung mga pvt establishment, mag-provide sila ng Valet parking.

Dito kc sa bansa natin, pinaiiral ang PERA, palakasan, padrino, etc.

Mga lawmaker, maawa naman kayo sa mga pilipinong nagbabayad ng pagkalaki-laki tax.. na wala namang nakikitang pagbabago..

Ayusin nyo naman ang mga ordinance na ipapatupad nyo.
    dapat wala cos its been paid for already from our taxes, well suppose to be else invest in a parking meter and meter maid you cheapo government..lol

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    [size="5"]Do not vote for B*** S*** bong suntay[/size]

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Unpopular as this may be, I have to agree with this proposal to charge parking.

There's a local saying: "Thank God they paved the road. We now have a new parking lot!" Particularly for those who park their vehicles overnight in the street. If you go along Mariposa St in QC at night, you will see the whole street filled with parked cars. Apparently, their townhouse units could only accommodate 1 or 2 cars, so the 3rd and 4th cars are parked in the street. The road is already narrow, and these people just park outside. They should pay more in my view. You can afford to own 3 or more cars, then you should be able to pay for parking.

Bong Suntay lives along Mariposa St. So he should start working that area to prove that he really means to implement his ordinance.

It is well known in Greenhills commercial that the barangay out there clamps vehicles that are illegally parked. Very effective. Everyone parks where they should park. They should use these metal clamps on those street parked cars. P1000 is the fine to get the clamp off. Imagine, that's worth 50 parking fees * P40/parking. More money could be had by clamping illegally parked vehicles!

Our city is fast becoming crowded and there are responsibilities in owning a car. One is having enough parking space or garage space to accommodate the number of cars we own. The street is for the public to use, to enjoy and to collect fees from in order to keep the road maintained and safe. Try owning a car in NYC, Hong Kong, Singapore or Tokyo. It's still cheaper to own a car here.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardright View Post
    Unpopular as this may be, I have to agree with this proposal to charge parking.

There's a local saying: "Thank God they paved the road. We now have a new parking lot!" Particularly for those who park their vehicles overnight in the street. If you go along Mariposa St in QC at night, you will see the whole street filled with parked cars. Apparently, their townhouse units could only accommodate 1 or 2 cars, so the 3rd and 4th cars are parked in the street. The road is already narrow, and these people just park outside. They should pay more in my view. You can afford to own 3 or more cars, then you should be able to pay for parking.

Bong Suntay lives along Mariposa St. So he should start working that area to prove that he really means to implement his ordinance.

It is well known in Greenhills commercial that the barangay out there clamps vehicles that are illegally parked. Very effective. Everyone parks where they should park. They should use these metal clamps on those street parked cars. P1000 is the fine to get the clamp off. Imagine, that's worth 50 parking fees * P40/parking. More money could be had by clamping illegally parked vehicles!

Our city is fast becoming crowded and there are responsibilities in owning a car. One is having enough parking space or garage space to accommodate the number of cars we own. The street is for the public to use, to enjoy and to collect fees from in order to keep the road maintained and safe. Try owning a car in NYC, Hong Kong, Singapore or Tokyo. It's still cheaper to own a car here.

I suggest you read the ordinance and the thread before talking about it. It is clear that you didn't read it because the ordinance is implemented like a VAT than a parking fee. If the QC government wants to implement a parking fee, hire parking collectors to get them like what Makati City does.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    GH, sorry. Was just ranting on the state of our roads in general and where parking (or lack of it) has become a hindrance to smooth traffic flow. In my view, u own a car, get proper parking for it where u don't cause an inconvenience or safety hazzard to the public.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardright View Post
    GH, sorry. Was just ranting on the state of our roads in general and where parking (or lack of it) has become a hindrance to smooth traffic flow. In my view, u own a car, get proper parking for it where u don't cause an inconvenience or safety hazzard to the public.
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format.[/SIZE]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Q.C. Pay Parking Ordinance; Are You In Favor?