New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    btw, may driver ako. at noong una e medyo kakaiba ito magmaneho. medyo naayos ko na siya pero matagal na proseso ang dinaanan namin. (kahit nga ako e nakukulitan na sa sarili kong boses sa pag-correct sa mga kamalian niya.) bottomline: ang dami niyang hindi talaga naiintindihan sa mga "common sense rules" sa kalye. and to think more than 10 years na itong nagmamaneho?

hindi niya naiintindihan ang right-of-way (basta na-i-nguso na niya ang kotse sa lane, dapat pagbigyan na siya). hindi siya conscious na kung mag-u-u-turn e dapat doon sa lugar na hindi siya masyadong makaka-abala sa traffic (kung saan niya gustong mag-uturn, kahit masikip at madaming dumadaan, doon siya). hindi niya naiintidihan ang mga lane sa kalye (palipat-lipat siya lagi ng lane - for some reason, hindi niya naiintidihan kung para saan ang mga puting pintura sa kalye). hindi niya naiintidihan na mag-low beam dapat kapag may kasalubong na sasakyan. hindi siya kumukurba kapag lumiliko. more importantly, hindi siya sumusunod sa lane niya kapag lumiliko. mind you, this is my third driver. the first two before him were much much worse.

note that this guy is a "professional" driver. lagi kong tinatanong sa kanya kung paano siya pumasa sa exam sa LTO considering na andami niyang hindi alam sa kalye. ngumingiti lang siya.

what is my point? of the three drivers i had (present one included), lahat sila ay hindi nakaka-intindi ng mga "common sense rules" sa kalye. that's 100% (eg 3 out of 3). now, its a known fact na may considerable number ng PUJ at public tricycle drivers na walang lisensiya. paano pa kaya ang mga ito?
    Last edited by smooth; December 14th, 2006 at 10:38 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    One way to solve this problem is (wishful thinking) to have traffic enforcers, policemen apprehend offending drivers (public and private) who do not follow traffic rules and regulations, punish them to the full extent of the law (fines, license confiscation, jail time...) and not be tempted by bribes. If this is possible, rest assured street sanity will return. I remember when I was in Hong Kong a few years ago, I was so amazed by the discipline of the drivers and the presence of motorcycle riding policemen (every 3 to 4 minutes)... the streets in Causeway Bay area are quite narrow and yet traffic flows smoothly... It was a joy to just stand at a street corner and watch... very efficient! When the road narrows, the drivers (public and private) merge alternately... all I could do was smile and be impressed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vmax View Post
    One way to solve this problem is (wishful thinking) to have traffic enforcers, policemen apprehend offending drivers (public and private) who do not follow traffic rules and regulations, punish them to the full extent of the law (fines, license confiscation, jail time...) and not be tempted by bribes. If this is possible, rest assured street sanity will return. I remember when I was in Hong Kong a few years ago, I was so amazed by the discipline of the drivers and the presence of motorcycle riding policemen (every 3 to 4 minutes)... the streets in Causeway Bay area are quite narrow and yet traffic flows smoothly... It was a joy to just stand at a street corner and watch... very efficient! When the road narrows, the drivers (public and private) merge alternately... all I could do was smile and be impressed.
    policemen/enforcers will never punish them to the full extent of the law.
    main corruptors pa nga ang mga jeepney drivers eh. kinakaibigan nila mga yan in exchange for "free loading/unloading".

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    actually... from my point of view...the real problem is with the transport system, responsibility, and implementation.

if we don't have that kind of boundary system... then they won't have any excuse at all that they are always on a rush.

we always say that LTO should be strict in giving out licenses. but we must admit that not all private car owners did very well during their license application but still don't show blatant disregard for the law. reason is simple, if they hit something, or someone... the responsibility of paying the damages is very heavy. PUV drivers don't really care much because all they have to say is that they don't have money to pay... or the operator will take care of that. no responsibility falls on the driver (if there is, he can get away with it rather easily with just an excuse of having no money).

if only this can be implemented strictly. which is my 3rd point.

just look at subic. even when a driver is rude and uneducated here in manila, everything changes when they get to drive in subic free port. di kasi uubra style nila duon.

make them pay. hit them where it hurts and show no mercy. after that, let's see if they won't change their ways.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kapag may drinking session kami ng tropa at eto ang naging topic, it always brings out the evil in us heheheh. Naglulutungan ang mura o kaya patangahan ng kwento sa mga PUV drivers....Sa sobrang dami na ng pinagusapan namin tungkol dito meron kaming isang solusyon na naisip para lang mailabas ang galit sa PUV.... Mag ambagan at bumili ng jeep pampasada (yung medyo luma na)tapos pag nabuo kami isang inuman armed with anything we get our hands on (baseball bat,dospordos whatever) Wasakin nalng namin yung jeep then sunugin afterwards...hehehe usapang lasing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Public Utility "Driver"