New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi Guys, just wondering if the majority of public utility drivers (jeepney, bus, tricycle, taxi, pedicabs, "kulig-ligs") are doing their awful driving antics on purpose just to piss us off? I'm not trying to start a "class-war" here, but I just want to understand why they can't seem to follow the very basic traffic rules? I go downtown everyday to work (C. M. Recto area) and never ever experience a day when I don't witness a stupid/blatant act of driving by these so-called "drivers". I have tried to put myself in their shoes by driving 4 hours straight... yes, I was tired and angry at the end of the trip, could that be the reason why they don't care much about the law and fellow drivers/pedestrians?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thats what we called "professional drivers"
    depende kasi sa gamit nilang sasakyan, kung pambarag ok lang pero
    try mo silang pagamitin ng magagarang auv, suv at kotse magiging maingat sila

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ang problem lang kse with these public utility drivers, napaka reckless talaga magmaneho since hindi kse sa kanila yung minamaneho nila.. sanay na ako sa mga ganyang klaseng PUV drivers.. walang disiplina.. kaya ako, hndi na ako nikipag gitgitan sa kanila.. eh wla nman sila maibabayad.. mahihirapan lang ako makipag areglo sa kanila..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The first and foremost of all is trying to get their BOUNDARY in the soonest possible time at all cost, so that what remains for the day will be the money he will bring home to his loved ones - "kabit"..... :D

WBR,

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ang mga nakakainis yung patay ang headlight pag gabi. ala pang signal light.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Marami kasi sa mga yan uneducated hindi nila alam ang do's and dont's sa kalye. Matakot ka pag nakahawak ng branded na mga sasakyan mga yan parang lumilipad ang sasakyan sa bilis nilang magpatakbo. Pero matatawa ka sa mga first timer na magmaneho ng branded na sasakyan binobombahan yung clutch at preno hehehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Guys, just a thought - instead of plain ranting, as most of us (including myself) are wont to do, why don't we use our collective minds to figure out possible solutions? After all, I am sure most of us are "experts" on the subject matter, having been victimized ten twenty or even a hundred times over.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solution is theres existing na, the problem is execution heheheheh

Pero may point nga yung kung maganda at maayos ang sasakyan nila, mag iingat sila. (Pero magbababa pa din sila sa gitna) hehehee

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The thing is, we already know the solution. The LTO should actually issue driving tests instead of printing licenses en masse. And the various traffic management authorities should do their damn job.

Take the regular jeepney driver. He's too poor to afford driving school, learned all he knows about driving from his dad or uncle...

He goes to the LTO, pays a little on the side to pass the written test. Takes the (pitifully short and easy) driving test. He's through. Without needing to demonstrate competence in highway maneuvers or in following the laws of the road.

Then he goes to work. He has to be aggressive to get passengers. Tailgates so other jeepney drivers don't jump him in line, drives fast to jump the line himself. Drops passengers off in the middle of the road so he can drive away quickly. Push other cars aside so he can meet his boundary.

He's doing exactly what he needs to do to be an efficient jeepney driver. Until the law tells him what he's doing is wrong, and until he's forced to show competence and politeness on the road to retain his license... that's the way it'll be.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The thing is, we already know the solution. The LTO should actually issue driving tests instead of printing licenses en masse. And the various traffic management authorities should do their damn job.

Take the regular jeepney driver. He's too poor to afford driving school, learned all he knows about driving from his dad or uncle...

He goes to the LTO, pays a little on the side to pass the written test. Takes the (pitifully short and easy) driving test. He's through. Without needing to demonstrate competence in highway maneuvers or in following the laws of the road.

Then he goes to work. He has to be aggressive to get passengers. Tailgates so other jeepney drivers don't jump him in line, drives fast to jump the line himself. Drops passengers off in the middle of the road so he can drive away quickly. Push other cars aside so he can meet his boundary.

He's doing exactly what he needs to do to be an efficient jeepney driver. Until the law tells him what he's doing is wrong, and until he's forced to show competence and politeness on the road to retain his license... that's the way it'll be.
    I agree, tried to drive our jeepney before,(which is a bad investment by the way) lugi pa ako, yung kinita ko, pangkrudo lang at meryenda, pag nataon pa na nahuli ka ng pulis, pasubo na, kaya ganon sila magmaneho dahil diskarte talaga nila yun para kumita. ... kahit na makaabala pa sila ng iba.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Public Utility "Driver"