New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I trust JQP more than any Autotechnika mechanic. With what happened to him, medyo iwas muna ako in recommending the shop to my friends and relatives until his case is given justice.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Meticoloso si JQP kaya mas gusto ko nun nasa AT siya sa fairview. Ok din naman si Ernie, the guys that replece him as SM. Sana they just replaced the radius arm, kahit surplus siguro would do. eto na yun compromise kasi Paolo would also need new caster correction bushing, which is not cheap.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...will monitor this thread carefully, dun pa nman balak ng barkada magpa ayos ng pang ilalim ng patrol nila

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    this makes me wanna remove the AT sticker they've placed at the back ...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thank you all for the support, confidence and belief in doing what is right... To those who have spoken out: Hats off to you...

Every dog has his day... Though I lost P8k in parts and labor charges, this makes up for it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagregister para lang sabihin yun hehe... troll.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    so sorry to hear your experience, johnqpublic318.

so saan pang shop may transtech machine(tama ba?) besides autotechnica? :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    To those following this thread started by Mr. San Mateo of Jaguar-Land Rover-Ferrari Philippines, Autotechnika is currently doing a thorough investigation regarding the claims that have been cited here. We will post an official response aling with ALL the facts that have led to this issue. We apologize for the late response, but we at Autotechnika believe in resolving problems in the proper manner and venue and will not act impulsively as it may lead to further confusion of the facts.

================================================== =======
    Quote Originally Posted by johnqpublic318 View Post
    Dear all,

Just today I brought my Patrol back to Autotechnika Fort for alignment re-adjustment. I had it aligned the day before but it was still pulling a bit to the right so I wanted them to put a bit more negative toe since that historically solves the problem.

A 1997 Y60 Patrol is a solid axle vehicle with no camber or caster adjustment and the only thing you can touch is toe.

However, they since my Patrol is lifted and my caster is not in spec, they thought tightening the radius arm as it connects to the chassis would help fix caster pull.

They must have over-tightened the radius arm since they completely broke-off the threaded portion that connects it to the chassis. This is a huge 3-foot plus cast-iron suspension arm that holds the front axle in place. Without a radius arm the front axle will come off.

When I arrived, I wasn't mad at the technician cause he's a good fellow and people can make mistakes. What I didn't like was the owner's reaction that it wasn't their fault since all they did was tighten it. Aw, c'mon... If your technician breaks something like a radius arm in your shop then just bite the bullet, accept responsibility and offer to replace it. It's that simple. That how I would do it.

All in all, replacing the part will cost me P8,000 including labor and re-installation of my new ARB caster correction bushings. Such will also render me without my vehicle for 2-days.

What I don't understand is why they didn't opt to just accept responsibility and agree to pay for it? The owner just walked away and I just drove out of the shop to limp my Patrol back to our Service Center. It's a relatively small amount considering that I was their former Operations Manager and I bring them a lot of business. I sold a few of their Pbox', referred a client that brought them a fleet of Patrols with a total repair bill exceeding P200,000 and bought/are in the process of buying a bunch of stuff from them like a P150,000 lifter, a P50,000 battery analyzer and air-to-coil-spring conversion kits as Service Manager of Jaguar-Land Rover-Ferrari Philippines. Sure I earned too cause they paid me a bit of commission for that fleet referral and Pbox sales. However, I don't ask or take any commission if it’s my Service Center buying equipment and I will re-iterate that. Aside from what I mentioned, it's obvious that I also patronize Autotechnika by taking my Patrol there for alignment and referring various 4x4 enthusiasts to them.

We don't have an alignment machine at Jaguar-Land Rover-Ferrari and our alignments are often handled by Bridgestone-Fort. We have an account with them but I still decided to bring my own personal prized possession to Autotechnika. Such speaks enough volume and this is how I get treated? There used to be no animosity but I'm now pissed. P8,000 is a small amount... I'm pissed at the disrespect.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/editp...&postid=744935
    Tsikot - Edit Post

Sincerely,

J. Paolo San Mateo
    Service Manager
    Jaguar-Land Rover-Ferrari Philippines

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayun. Complaint noted and investigation underway.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok guys, let's just wait and see... wag na muna dagadagan ng mga side comments.

Anyway, my experience with Autotechnika The Fort has been ok so far (compared to some casa out there) and will continue to patronize (and recommend) their shop.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Patrol Radius Arm broken by Autotechnika [Resolved]