New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Grabe yung strike nila kahapon. Buti na lang nakuha sa usapan.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i think the answer is simple (though its not an expert opinion) but i used to work for a logistics firm and was recently also a trucker myself so i know trucks and roads.

for containerized cargo at least, the answer is to use a 3 axle chassis on 40ft containers. its the standard used by our principal at hongkong and other countries. as the rule states "13.5 tons per axel". from a 18wheller truck to 22 wheeler truck.

for a typical laden 40ft container weight is 30tons, using the ordinary common 2 axle chassis thats 15 tons per axle. its breaking the law. divde that 30tons to each 3 axles, thn the load is distributed as 10 tons per axle. less stress on the point the wheels touches the road.

to correctly follow the anti overloading rule, truckers must invest on 3axle chassis. and more tires. i know they can be a big big expense but i believe its in everybody's interest if that law is followed.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in the first place bakit di pa inimpose yang overloading law na yan nung bago pa ang NLEX. saka since alam naman ng PNCC na marami talagang trucks na dumadaan sa NLEX, dapat tinibayan na nila ang paggawa. ang masama kasi nung nakita na ng PNCC na nasisira yung daan saka nila iimpose yung law tsk tsk tsk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not very sure, i just heard this over the radio. wala daw madaanan sa ngayon mga truckers dahil meron yatang portion ng macarthur highway na hindi passable sa mga heavy trucks, under construction yata, tapos banned pa sila sa NLEX. and sa pagkakaalam ko, from the start bawal na talaga pumasok mga overloaded vehicles, pero parang late last year lang yata sila nagkaroon ng portable weighing devices kaya dun palang naging strict ang implementation.
    Signature

wala bang timbangan sa pier?
    pwede bang ma adjust yung kargamento para di mag overload?

According to a trucker di daw pwedeng galawin yung laman ng kargamento at baka makasuhan sila.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the problem... di naman wine-weigh sa pier yung cargo... basta kung anung nan-dun, yan ang ilalagay sa truck.

Dapat talagang mas strikto ang port authority, and they should tell the customers to pony up the money to rent the right size of truck for their cargo.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungas
    Teka, di yata maliwanag yung 13.5 ton per axle limit. Does the law define the axles as live axle limit or even beam axles included? Kung kasama beam axles 1 front + 1 rear + 1 rear live axle = 27.5 ton, right?
    hindi nga maliwanag eh yun 13.50 tons/axle, sana tinaasan nila konti yun value, kc for 10 wheeler truck loaded with 20 tons or 18 wheeler trailer loaded with 35tons, hindi naman cya totally super bigat sa capacity ng truck na as in waiting to the tire blow-out, para bang nagsakay ka ng 5 adult siksikan excluding driver sa 4 door sedan car, overloading cya see pero kaya pa rin ng car, same thing to our truck.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    i think the answer is simple (though its not an expert opinion) but i used to work for a logistics firm and was recently also a trucker myself so i know trucks and roads.

for containerized cargo at least, the answer is to use a 3 axle chassis on 40ft containers. its the standard used by our principal at hongkong and other countries. as the rule states "13.5 tons per axel". from a 18wheller truck to 22 wheeler truck.

for a typical laden 40ft container weight is 30tons, using the ordinary common 2 axle chassis thats 15 tons per axle. its breaking the law. divde that 30tons to each 3 axles, thn the load is distributed as 10 tons per axle. less stress on the point the wheels touches the road.

to correctly follow the anti overloading rule, truckers must invest on 3axle chassis. and more tires. i know they can be a big big expense but i believe its in everybody's interest if that law is followed.
    kurt, i admire your thinking there. kudos!

for the greater good :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselNUBI
    lately daming mga pulis or mmda na nang aabang sa entrance ng NLEX pinapara lahat ng closed vans, pickups, canters, L300 FB.... basta un pwede kargahan. E mga 4 wheel lang mga ito e hinuhuli pa!

OT: di kaya tinitingnan nila laman nung vans at naghahanap ng pwedeng MAIUWI para sa mga kabit nila?

TOPIC: ang pinakamaganda siguro dito ay sumunod na lang tayo sa kung ano ang sinasabi ng batas. tanggalin na natin sa utak natin yung mentality na "Hindi bale nang mang-abala, huwag lang ako ang maabala." ok ba yun mga brader? peace!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshark
    OT: di kaya tinitingnan nila laman nung vans at naghahanap ng pwedeng MAIUWI para sa mga kabit nila?
    Kasi yung ibang dapat 6-wheeler tinatanggal ang dalawang gulong sa loob para makalusot sa 4-wheel-no-truck-ban-rule (please correct me on this one). 4 wheels na nga lang eh overloaded pa. Recipe for disaster.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Overloading At Nlex