New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    The cop was supposedly off-duty and yet chose to live up to his duty only to be ganged up by the robber's relatives and co-vendors in Baclaran. What a fukked up scenario

Off-duty NPD cop killed in Baclaran robbery

MANILA, Philippines - Robbers ganged up on and killed an off-duty police officer of the Northern Police District (NPD) who tried to rescue a couple from being robbed in Baclaran, Parañaque City Wednesday night.

Police Officer 3 Reynante Mananghaya, 36, assigned at the NPD-District Anti-Illegal Drugs Special Operations Group (DAIDSOG), sustained multiple stab wounds in the back and died on the way to the San Juan de Dios Hospital.

“His death is very unfortunate. But to have sacrificed his life to save another against criminals makes him a true hero. We at the NPD are truly proud of him,” NPD director Chief Superintendent Samuel Pagdilao Jr. told The STAR, as he promised “full support” to the fallen policeman’s family.

“He was off duty, out of unit and on his way home, he could have ignored the plea of the victims but chose otherwise because he was a good cop and true to his oath,” Pagdilao said.

Chief Inspector Jay Agcaoili, DAIDSOG chief, said Mananghaya, an NPD policeman for 11 years, left their office for home in Barangay San Dionisio, Parañaque City at around 7 p.m.

“He said he would take the LRT train to reach home early, but while walking down the station in Baclaran, he chanced upon a robbery. Being a dedicated cop, he came to the victims’ rescue but instead met his untimely death,” Agcaoili said.

Agcaoili said that before intervening in the robbery, Mananghaya called the Southern Police District (SPD) radio room, which was manned by a former classmate, asking for “backup.”

Mananghaya confronted the five suspected robbers, who surrounded a couple, and introduced himself as a police officer. The armed men attacked him, forcing the policeman to shoot one of the suspects, killing him on the spot.

Instead of fleeing, the remaining suspects called for assistance from several bystanders in the area, made up mostly of Muslim vendors, Agcaoili said.

Two barangay watchmen tried to intervene but were also beaten up by the mob, which took turns stabbing Mananghaya while others held his hands, Agcaoili said.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tsk tsk.

RIP Officer Mananghaya.

This is just one evidence that the WORLD IS SICK. Instead of helping the police officer the helped the robbers. haay naku...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    I smell trouble after this. Policemen are people, too. I wouldn't be surprised if I hear police being more heavy-handed when dealing with these people after this.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hindi ako magtataka kung may lulutang nanaman na mga bangkay sa ilog.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What is the Philippines coming to? Such lawlessness! This is barbaric! I tell you that only people with no values will do that! I will favor heavy handedness because they're asking for it. The law, is the law, is the law.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    matatapang talaga ang mga vendors na yan . . . kung sino pa ang wala sa katwiran e sila pa ang astig

isa yan sa dahilan kaya ayaw kong pakawalan si Bayani dito sa Metro Manila para may katapat ang mga sigang vendors na yan.
    Last edited by jjmd3_787; September 25th, 2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: tao lang po ...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I wonder if the CHR would issue any statement regarding this crime?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    “He was off duty, out of unit and on his way home, he could have ignored the plea of the victims but chose otherwise because he was a good cop and true to his oath,” Pagdilao said.

I don't think I agree with Mr. Pagdilao here saying that the off-duty policeman could have ignored the plea of the victims. Kaya pala ganun mga police dito satin eh, yun boss nila walang sense of responsibility. Buti na lang yun tauhan nya mas responsible sa kanya and died a hero. pulpol na pagdilao ito, panay pataba sa opisina.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Another squatter unleashed. Kaya dapat someone cold-hearted ang maging next president, and no way Noynoy's gonna be that guy. Baka mamaya pag may mga ganyan kampihan pa kasi may mahirap na involved.

Sana lahat ng squatter gather nila in one place, or i-dispose lahat sa Mindanao un ang gawing bait ng mga sundalo sa ASG. And I'm sure wala pang permit yung mga vendor na yan. Squatter na nga gumagawa pa ng problema.

I hope justice will be served soon. Salvage yang mga yan dapat.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kailangan bigyan ng parangal ang pulis officer na iyan dahil iyan ang sinumpaang nilang tungkulin . Ang problema lang kailangan ka pang mabuwis ng buhay para lang maitaas ang ranggo mo na hindi mo na rin mapapakinabangan dahil patay ka na. .Iyan rin ang hinaing ng mga pulis ang tagal ng pagasenso nila o pagtaas ng ranggo nila kailangan anak ka ng diyos tawag nila . O mataas na tao ang may hawak sa iyo para maitaas ang ranggo mo. Pulitika rin umiiral.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
NPD cop killed by Baclaran vendors