New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I must congratulate the PNCC for what they did this morning. Because the Alabang exit was full (of buses and Jeeps), they diverted all Alabang exiting traffic to the new "South Station" (thanks for the info regarding the name IMm29). What it did was, instead of building up traffic on the expressway, they made traffic flow by making everyone queue in the longer (and wider) South Station.

Good job PNCC!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    I must congratulate the PNCC for what they did this morning. Because the Alabang exit was full (of buses and Jeeps), they diverted all Alabang exiting traffic to the new "South Station" (thanks for the info regarding the name IMm29). What it did was, instead of building up traffic on the expressway, they made traffic flow by making everyone queue in the longer (and wider) South Station.

Good job PNCC!
    Wow! So that's what the "Buses take South Station" sign meant. Hats off to them if they can implement this consistently, as necessary, 24/7.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Wow! So that's what the "Buses take South Station" sign meant. Hats off to them if they can implement this consistently, as necessary, 24/7.

That is indeed a very good development!

Puwede na ulit kaming gumimik ni Kumander sa ATC from office, without worrying about the time we could waste at SLEX.....

Pero sana, maging mahigpit sila sa swerving, kasi talagang maraming nang-iisa na sumingit. Iyon kasing ibang drivers naman,- super bagal kaya nakakainis din....

Question: Can those with e-pass and exiting at the South Station stay in the middle lane and exit at the last moment? (I know it's 'swerving', but I just want to be certain that this move is allowed by the authorities....,- just like in the other exits)

2001:weathermanf2:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    That is indeed a very good development!

Puwede na ulit kaming gumimik ni Kumander sa ATC from office, without worrying about the time we could waste at SLEX.....
    Well, that's true. Kung hindi lang umipon ang traffic sa Alabang, mas mabilis nga kung dumaan ka sa South Station kesa sa Filinvest dati.

Pero sana, maging mahigpit sila sa swerving, kasi talagang maraming nang-iisa na sumingit. Iyon kasing ibang drivers naman,- super bagal kaya nakakainis din....
    Well, in general, I wish they'd make that clear, or enforce something. Or maybe they can't, coz they can't handle the large trucks that take the rightmost lane. For as long as there are trucks, buses and jeepneys hogging up the rightmost lane, they can't expect everyone turning to South Station to religiously stick to that lane.

Question: Can those with e-pass and exiting at the South Station stay in the middle lane and exit at the last moment? (I know it's 'swerving', but I just want to be certain that this move is allowed by the authorities....,- just like in the other exits)
    At the moment, the only "swerving" they're enforcing (within the Magallanes to Alabang stretch, that is) is Northbound, prior to Sucat, during morning rush hour. Other than that, it's free for all. Technically, hindi pwedeng mag-swerve kahit may Epass, pero PNCC can't strictly enforce that since they'd get into many a heated argument with Epass holders who've paid the premium entry price for an Epass and the convenience it's supposed to give them. As a driving instructor told our group re Epass lanes, they're not standard lanes, so as to swerving and the like, it's up for PNCC to make up its mind on implementation.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    We'll try SLEX (new South Station Exit) this afternoon.

2001:weathermanf2:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe! So how was your 2nd pass at the South Station, CVT? Hope it was ok. So far, so good as of 7:45 last night.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
(New) South Station Exit along SLEX