New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I don't know exactly if this is the right place to put this.

Anyway, I noticed that most motorist here in the Philippines don't bother to turn on their headlamps during dusk and when night almost falls.

I find myself one of the few willing to turn on my headlamp starting at dusk and onwards.

I wonder what seems to be problem? Is it just bad habit?

Most common reason I have heard is that in turning on the vehicle's headlamp might drain the car battery.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Pride of having excellent eyesight?

I turn on my headlights right away since my car has really dark tint. I have encountered vehicles that do NOT turn on their headlights at all in the evening (after 7 pm! )

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Pride of having excellent eyesight?
    I'm pretty sure a huge majority of drivers have poorer eyesight than me, but I turn my lights on as soon as the sun begins to set, even if the road's still visible. Dusk poses a high risk of accidents because of the rapidly changing lighting conditions.

In my previous company, we were actually required to have our headlights on for all business travels, even in broad daylight.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'm pretty sure a huge majority of drivers have poorer eyesight than me, but I turn my lights on as soon as the sun begins to set, even if the road's still visible. Dusk poses a high risk of accidents because of the rapidly changing lighting conditions.

In my previous company, we were actually required to have our headlights on for all business travels, even in broad daylight.
    sir, just curious on this. did they explain why they require headlights to be on during the day?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    sir, just curious on this. did they explain why they require headlights to be on during the day?
    You're more visible to oncoming motorists, hence they are more likely to notice your presence and avoid colliding with you.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I notice that also. Ako, basta padilim na, matic yan, on kagad yung headlights.

Talamak na nga sa pinoys yan. Pag padilim na, kahit yung naka dim or hazard lights on man lang sana. Pag madilim na talaga, dun pa lang mag-iilaw ang mga yan.

Yung Victory Liner, they're driving w/ headlights on, even in broad daylight.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Most common reason I have heard is that in turning on the vehicle's headlamp might drain the car battery.
    yes like those pesky jeepney drivers. parang ganon nga yata ang paniniwala nila.
    yet there are bunches of private car owners/drivers out there who do the same nga, gaganda pa naman ng mga auto nila pero "pundido" naman yata ang mga battery or kukote

btw, i do have my HL on also while driving inside those covered/dimly lit car parks even i dont have my windshield tinted. i'm just thinking for everybody's safety.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Even at dawn in provincial highways. Yung mga motor ka shade ng kalsada pinapatay ko lang lights ko kapag may araw na talaga.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Before I usually turn on my headlights as soon as I turned on the engine. Medyo nasanay sa previous work and workplace.

Ngayon pag medyo madilim na headlights kagad.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guilty.

Old habits die hard, but I see well enough not to turn it on, though I do switch on the parklights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast