New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kahit naman may side mirrors ang mga iyon, I don't think they would have bothered to look (kaya nga nila inalis na lang).

Maybe you should have just run over him and showed him what the underside of your rig looks like. :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hay nako. Most small bike riders ngayon eh tinatangal yung mga side mirror. Besides, I agree with Otep: even if then do have side mirrors, hindi naman nila ginagamit yun. I've seen Dink riders who fold their side mirrors.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not to mention... many small bikes are not registered / illegal...

saan matauhan mga gugung na yan (again not generalizing refering to the drivers of scooters without sidemirrors baka may magalit )

If they drive that way... well good luck malas lang nila pag truck ang nakatabi nila.
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; April 19th, 2005 at 10:49 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    not to mention... many small bikes are not registered / illegal...
    True, true. If you go to Ilocos, yung ginagamit na scooter ng rookie cops eh illegal: walang plaka.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm a Rider too and I have functional side mirrors, headlight, tail light, signal light, etc. and use them properly.

Those MCs (and of course cages) that don't have those safety equipments shouldn't be on the road. Our authorities should do their job.

Stay cool lang tayo, cars and MCs have the right to use the road but we all have to follow the rules and regulations.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The only problem I see here is kapag nasagasaan mo ang ganyang klaseng scooter rider, siguradong talo sila (sila ang mas damaged at mas injured).

Tapos ikaw ang ituturo nilang may kasalanan and magpapa-awa epek sila kesyo nasaktan sila, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    lucky truck,
    I also look behind me when changing lanes eventhough my bike has a side mirror. It is called the life saver technique.[/QUOTE]

ang tawag ata dyan sa US eh "head check." at alam ko required din ito gawin kahit naka kotse ka. meron daw mga vehicle licensure tests sa US na bumabagsak ng applicante kapag di ginagawa ang head check.

i learned to do this on my time as a bicycle rider in the streets of Manila and as a rider and driver, it has helped me a lot. it gives you a better assessment of the distance you have from the oncoming vehicle, lalo na if you are merging on a busy street. quick look lang.

try it guys, you'll like it hehehehe
    Last edited by morrissey_05; April 19th, 2005 at 03:12 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    what i don't like about that "headcheck" is that when they turn their head, most sccoters i have encountered swerve at the same time, it's like they lose their balance or something. anyone else experience this?

i check my side view and rear view mirrors before doing anything. i am not sure if i consciously do a "head check"

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    what i don't like about that "headcheck" is that when they turn their head, most sccoters i have encountered swerve at the same time, it's like they lose their balance or something. anyone else experience this?

i check my side view and rear view mirrors before doing anything. i am not sure if i consciously do a "head check"
    head checks could be done away IF the side mirrors were placed and angled properly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Motorcycle without side mirrors