New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I had an encounter with a motorcycle rider without side mirrors this morning and it was really annoying. Every sunday i get to see a lot of riders gathering at Tagaytay. From there they make their way to nasugbu or to batangas city. I was on my way to manila when i saw a convoy of motorcycle riders using the leftmost lane. Since the road has two lanes and they are travellling relatively slow most of the vehicles passed the convoy using the right outermost lane of the road, so i did the same. I honked them to give a warning that i am going to pass on the right side. I know that it is not the proper side for passing a vehicle but since they are moving comfortably on the left lane i decided not to distract them. To my surprise after honking, a bike suddenly switched to right lane almost hitting my car. I instinctively steered to my right to avoid his bike to a point that my right tire touched the curb. Of course i am furious after that incident but kept my calm. I looked at his bike and after careful observation i saw that the bike does not have a side mirror. Kaya pala di nya ako napansin. He knew that i was not happy with what he did kaya thay stayed on the left lane. Pero when i was about to pass the convoy again, now on the passing side the same rider swerved to his left and inches from hitting me, Again! Di na ata tama ito... Hinabol ko ang convoy and cought up with them sa may rotunda in front of a convenience store. I am not mad when i approached them, just telling and pointing out what they did wrong. Sabi ko sa rider na dalawang beses na muntik sumabit sa fender ko kung bakit walang side mirror ang motor nya? He did not replied. A buddy of him answered me instead telling me that i should haVE passed them on the left side of the lane. Pero sa bagal at sa dami ng lumampas sa kanila at para di na lang sila maabala pa sa kanan ako dumaan. Pero bago ako lumagpas bumusina na lang ako. Sinabi ko na lang na kung sana may side mirror ang mga motor nila baka di nangyari ang ganon. I myself is a rider that is why i kept my patience with the group. I am forgiving that time, but if i do not ride bike baka it would have a different ending. I ended the conversation with them telling them to be responsible enough to use side mirrors.

Peace!!!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    bilog, i feel for you bro. me and my backride almost crashed a month ago because of a moron riding motorcycle without side mirrors. ung sa akin nga, nakita pa nya akong parating, bigla pa ding kumanan. akala ata ng hunghang, malakas ung underbone nya and kaya nya tawiran ung paparating kong motor. me mga riders kasi na they think they look kewl without side mirrors. napapailing na lang nga ako pag me nakakasabay akong ganyan.

ride safe bro.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same goes for those damn tricycle drivers. may sidemirror nga, pero no look U-turn pa rin yung mga mokong!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    underbone -> scooter?

dami kasing scooter na walang side mirror...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, i hate those people who take them off. when they get it stock, meron yan sidemirrors, tanggalin lang kasi di siguro cool sa mata nila na may sidemirrors. so when they change lanes, they look back (if at all) and of course looking back will cause them to swerve pa rin or they will slowly creep into the other lane, waiting for someone to honk at them.

hate those motorcycles without mirrors. if i am not mistaken, it is illegal to have no mirrors?

andy

Should there be a law against that?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    some of our employees have scooters n they sell the sidemirrors hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kaya nga ang lakas ng loob magcut at sumingit e: they don't see the imminent danger behind them. stupid and brave are very close siblings imho.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    maybe there should be a law na kung nabangga ung vehicles without the standard safety devices e automatic walang sala ung "nakabangga".

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    M2,
    an underbone. Almost all the bikes on the convoy does mot have a side mirror.

lucky truck,
    I also look behind me when changing lanes eventhough my bike has a side mirror. It is called the life saver technique.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Motorcycle without side mirrors