The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another road rage incident...

Man gunned down in QC traffic altercation
    abs-cbnNEWS.com
    Posted at 08/09/2011 9:56 AM | Updated as of 08/09/2011 9:56 AM
    Tweet MANILA, Philippines – A man was shot dead as a result of a traffic altercation in Quezon City on Sunday.

The victim, 48-year-old Nestor Barrientos, died after he was shot in the chest by an unidentified man in Barangay Payatas-B, Quezon City.

Barrientos was declared dead on arrival at Far Eastern University (FEU) Hospital.

The victim’s companion, Marvin Escorial, meanwhile, sustained injuries.

According to Augustis Cusay, driver of the two victims, they were aboard a Nissan Sentra when they figured in a traffic altercation with the driver of a Kia Pregio.

Cusay said he blocked the driver’s path, and Escorial and and Barrientos got off the vehicle to confront the driver.

The driver, however, immediately pulled out a gun and began firing at the two victims, killing Barrientos.

Authorities have yet to determine the identity of the suspect. - dzMM

Sorry mods, I can't seem to find the quotation button. Still feeling my way around the forum's new look.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 9th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Cusay said he blocked the driver’s path, and Escorial and and Barrientos got off the vehicle to confront the driver.
    yup, got what they deserve. never ever block some ones car especially at night and exit your vehicle to "confront" the other driver of the car you blocked. sa dami ng carnap ngayon, if some one does that to me i'd do the same thing the other driver did unahan ko na kesa maunahan ako. kung hinayaan na lang nila di sana buhay pa siya.

also hinarang at bumaba para "maki pag usap" sa other driver, sinong tanga maniniwala sainyo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup, got what they deserve. never ever block some ones car especially at night and exit your vehicle to "confront" the other driver of the car you blocked. sa dami ng carnap ngayon, if some one does that to me i'd do the same thing the other driver did unahan ko na kesa maunahan ako. kung hinayaan na lang nila di sana buhay pa siya.

also hinarang at bumaba para "maki pag usap" sa other driver, sinong tanga maniniwala sainyo.
    +1. Given how blatant carnappers are, I will not stop and get out of my vehicle to "exchange pleasantries" when my vehicle gets blocked, even more so at night and on a lonely road. Anyone who blocks my vehicle will be taken down.

Let's look closely at what happened. There was a traffic altercation, one car blocks another, and three men emerge to confront the occupant of the blocked car. If you are the single occupant and you see three hostile men emerge out of the car that blocked you, and approach your car to confront you, what would you feel?

My first thoughts would be self preservation, and I would run them over or take them down.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hindi kaya baliktad yung kwento? baka sila yung naharangan?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    Hindi kaya baliktad yung kwento? baka sila yung naharangan?
    According to Augustis Cusay, driver of the two victims, they were aboard a Nissan Sentra when they figured in a traffic altercation with the driver of a Kia Pregio.

Cusay said he blocked the driver’s path, and Escorial and Barrientos got off the vehicle to confront the driver.
    Here's the link: Man gunned down in QC traffic altercation | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

The driver of the victims blocked the Pregio.
    You just don't do that.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    talagang mahirap na maging matapang ngayon......

7. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    siguro kung ako yun, i think same thing lang ang gagawin ko kung may baril ako.. lalo na palagi ko kasama misis ko.. pero wala akong baril kaya abante na lang ng mabilis...

its kinda weird lang, ikaw na nga humarang, ikaw pa etong malakas ang loob na lumabas at magconfront. hanep talga...

magandang lesson para saken eto... thanks for the thread!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    agree, sasagasaan ko yung mga mokong na yun pag hinarangan at binabaan din ako ng wala akong kasalanan.

pero di rin natin alam buong kwento. baka naman nang hit and run ang van kaya may reason sila para habulin, harangan at babaan ang shooter.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ayan po lesson para sa matatapang.......

kahit anong tapang mo, kahit may baril ka pa, kapag naunahan ka eh yari ka!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    They were not informed that the pregio driver has a gun...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Man gunned down in QC