New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yep, let them pass if they are traveling faster than you. It is found that a lot of accidents happen when slow moving traffic is blocking the passing lane forcing faster motorists to move to the slower lane to pass.

As far as I know, it is highway courtesy to pass on the left lane and move back to cruising speed (stated limits) on the slower lane (middle or right lane). Even if you think you are doing fast on the left lane, there will always be another car who will be travelling faster than you. You might as well move to a different lane and maintain your speed.

Now, if there is a slower vehicle on your right and a faster vehicle on your rear, pass the slower car as soon as possible and cruise on the slower lane. Let the faster car on the rear to move ahead on the passing lane.
    Eh di over speeding na yun mabilis sa likod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If i remembered it, dati may nanghuhuli sa NLEX sa nagbababad sa left lane..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    If i remembered it, dati may nanghuhuli sa NLEX sa nagbababad sa left lane..
    Yun din alam ko

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

Sadly that's the reality, dito man sa 'Pinas or sa US or sa Europe. There will always be people travelling faster than the posted speed limits.

It's a gamble for them to be caught or not by speed limit enforcers. However, these people who are travelling faster than the posted limits usually know which areas in the highways they can open the throttle.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Paano pag nasa maximum allowable speed na? Kailangan pa tumabi pag meron mas mabilis sa likod?

Its an overtaking lane. You should stay always in the middle lane if not passing

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    marami sa SCTEX at TPLEX sa inner lane palagi nakapwesto. misis ko ganyan din ginagawa nung bago pa nagmamaneho, ang rason niya nasa tamang speed naman daw siya. kako nakakaabala ka ng gustong lumampas so dapat keep right ka. lumipad daw sila kung gusto nila iba-iba intindi ng motorista sa ganyan.

sa probinsiya naman sa norte, like mcarthur highway and other major provincial roads ay nagawa na mga shoulders. ang luluwang na ng mga kalsada. pero mga tricycle o naka single na motor nasa inner lane pa rin magpatakbo. pwersado ka mag-overtake sa right kaya mataas ang chance na may aksidente. merong ibang municipalities naman na in-implement na yung mga tricycle at ibang slow moving vehicles sa right lang, which is good kasi mas mabilis daloy ng trapik.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005

Yup, pero problema na niya yong overspeeding siya. Tumabi ka nalang, enforcer na bahala sa kanya.
    Di siya marunong sumunod sa batas baka mapahamak ka pa sa kagaguhan niya.

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002

that is his problem not yours.

in the expressways the leftmost lane is labeled "passing lane". so dapat babalik ka sa middle or right lane after overtaking. so if you are just passing a vehicle travelling at the speed limit and you exceed the limit momentarily then go back to max allowable speed e di ok lang yun.

pero we all know you will not get a ticket at nlex/sctex/tplex as long as you keep it below 120 kph. overspeeding na yun pero ok pa din.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yep leftmost lane in LHD countries is the passing lane. I imagine one of the reasons why it is kept open even when everyone running at the speed limit is to give way to people with emergencies.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Paano pag nasa maximum allowable speed na? Kailangan pa tumabi pag meron mas mabilis sa likod?

I don't think it's the motorist job to enforce speed limit.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast