New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Radio reports IT provider Amalgamated Motors Philippines Inc. (AMPI) issued a new license design WITHOUT consulting LTO main office. Since June 11 Monday, all license issuance has been halted in all LTO offices. AMPI's new license has added new security features but affected LTO computer, rejecting the old license design. LTO is demanding that AMPI return to the old license design.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    F*** THIS!

I was supposed to get my license renewed last Monday (June 11), but they told me that they were offline, and that this was true nationwide. My license expired yesterday, and I was planning to have it renewed today since they didn't tell me that it was a problem as big this.

Now I can't even drive legally.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    F*** THIS!

I was supposed to get my license renewed last Monday (June 11), but they told me that they were offline, and that this was true nationwide. My license expired yesterday, and I was planning to have it renewed today since they didn't tell me that it was a problem as big this.

Now I can't even drive legally.
    Happy Birthday... pa canton ka naman.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Happy Birthday... pa canton ka naman.
    Haha thank you! :party:

BTT: Pano 'to, pwede ba ko mag-drive tapos pag nahuli ako, sabihin ko, "Eh loko pala kayo gusto ko naman talaga magparenew, kayo yung hindi nagrerenew"?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pa-renew mo pards. Kung walang plastic DL, at least you have the OR issued to you (may tatak yata yan pag walang available DL card).

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Haha thank you! :party:

BTT: Pano 'to, pwede ba ko mag-drive tapos pag nahuli ako, sabihin ko, "Eh loko pala kayo gusto ko naman talaga magparenew, kayo yung hindi nagrerenew"?

Pag LTO ang huhuli, pwede mo sabihin yan. Paano kung MMDA, Englishin mo na lang para pare-parehas na kayong di magkaintindihan.hehehe

(Happy birthday din Bro, chowking na lang, libre ride!hehehe)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Problem is, kailangan ng computer template when applying for the DL (when they take your picture and your signature). They won't even issue a temporary license without that. Hope they resolve that problem before next week.
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 13th, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No plates, no stickers, no licenses... what's next? Wala na rin registration renewals (wala nang papel). Tapos order ni Mar Roxas to car manufacturers to slow down and cut sales. (parang yung sinabi niya na bawasan yung mga domestic flight dahil sa airport congestion).

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Huh? I too went for renewal last Monday, June 11 at LTO Megamall. Was only able to complete drug test, medical exam since they indicated they were offline nationwide.

So I called before returning yesterday, Wednesday, June 13 and they said they were already back online. So I went there in the afternoon, and was able to complete the process and got my plastic license card after one hour.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pwede lang sa Dilliman main office renew so far daw. Dunno if na restored sa ibang LTo offices...

LTO Suspends Issuance Of Licenses
    By KRIS BAYOS June 13, 2012, 4:59pm

MANILA, Philippines --- The Land Transportation Office (LTO) has indefinitely suspended the issuance of driver’s license cards last Monday after the supplier made changes in the design and safety features of the license cards without its approval.

LTO chief Assistant Secretary Virginia Torres has ordered all licensing centers nationwide to stop issuing the new version of driver’s license cards that the Amalgamated Motors Philippines Inc. (AMPI) has supplied to the centers since Monday.

According to LTO National Capital Region director Teofilo Guadiz, AMPI came up with a new driver’s license card that is colored yellow from the previous blue, and has new security marks and safety features compared to the existing version.

Guadiz said the existing design of the driver’s license card also came from AMPI but the LTO should have been properly consulted before the new design was used.

“AMPI issued a notice but the LTO Central Office was not properly consulted (on the matter) that is why Assistant Secretary Torres has ordered the immediate suspension of the driver’s license issuances,” he said.

Guadiz said Torres’ instruction was limited to stopping the driver’s license issuance.

He said the LTO Central Office did not elaborate on how to deal with drivers who would be incurring penalties for not being able to renew their licenses because of the hiatus with AMPI or those drivers who had already been issued the new yellow license cards.

The official also did not say when issuing of license cards would resume nationwide but said that the Diliman District Office in Quezon City is the sole licensing center in NCR that could continue to issue the blue license cards.

“But the issuance is limited to renewals only. First-time applicants for driver’s license, those who will upgrade from non-professional to professional or those who will change license restrictions cannot be accommodated yet at the Diliman District Office,” Guadiz said.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast