New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It is the owner's responsibility to secure any valuable (or not) things that may be lost in the shop during repairs, cleaning, etc. In this case however, even if the lost item was not declared in the checklist, there was an effort on the part of the shop management to look for the lost item which I think is fair enough. A hard lesson learnt though.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Think of it this way, if you can't pinpoint the fact that someone specific took your item, there's no way for you to make the claim.

In addition, if you go to a 5-star hotel, leave your valuables on top of the counter, turn around and it's gone. Who's fault will it be?

I think it's common sense sa lahat ng public places, whether it's a business place, park, etc... that your belongings should be your responsibility.

Unless it's forcefully taken from you, you'll end up pointing your fingers to no-one.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    make sure na lang that someone gets fired para hindi naman mamihasa. mahirap din kasi yun pinapabayaan ang mga crew ng mga talyer na ganyan, baka sa susunod pyesa na ng tsikot ang nakawin.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ok pala ganyan shop business, kung ano naiwan ng customer sa loob ng car at hindi nasulat sa checklist ay sa kanila na.

to those who want to know the shop's name, just pm me.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Think of it this way, if you can't pinpoint the fact that someone specific took your item, there's no way for you to make the claim.

In addition, if you go to a 5-star hotel, leave your valuables on top of the counter, turn around and it's gone. Who's fault will it be?

I think it's common sense sa lahat ng public places, whether it's a business place, park, etc... that your belongings should be your responsibility.

Unless it's forcefully taken from you, you'll end up pointing your fingers to no-one.
    ganun ba? so hindi ko pala dapat iwan yung car key ko nung nag pa carwash ako sa big berts ortigas???

one time kasi meron pang naka park sa washing bay (tama ba?) so nag pinark ko na lang revo ko sa side, lunch break kasi nun at mag lu-lunch din kami sa J-J's inasal so sabi ni vince iwan ko na lang yung key, binigay ko naman.... while in the resto, sabi ng wife bakit ko daw iniwan yung key without him(vince) giving me a receipt or something in writing na iniwan ko car key ko... eh pag balik ko naka pasok na sa loob at nililinis na... sabi ko na lang sa wife ko since reputable naman itong car wash na ito I dont think na me gagawa dun ng kalokohan, still hindi ko pa rin kinuha yung key dahil alam ko after washing ililipat yun sa kabila for waxing... after eating lunch binalikan ko, nailipat na ulit at wina wax na...

so far wala namang nawala... pero kung meron pala kasalan ko....

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Ok lang naman kung reputable e. Yun iniwan ko kotse ko kay Mang Mario dami ko din kalat naiwan dun sa kotse, pati yung mga badminton stuff ko nasa compartment pero wala naman nawala. So dipende din sa shop yan, yun nga lang pag nawala masakit talaga lalo na mamahalin.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Even the most trusted businesses can only do so much to ensure that nothing happens to their client's personal belongings. The responsibility of securing valuable items still rests primarily on the owner.

As much as possible, schedule your trips to the car wash. Anticipating when to have the car cleaned allows you to take valuable items out of the car in advance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by conix
    ganun ba? so hindi ko pala dapat iwan yung car key ko nung nag pa carwash ako sa big berts ortigas???

one time kasi meron pang naka park sa washing bay (tama ba?) so nag pinark ko na lang revo ko sa side, lunch break kasi nun at mag lu-lunch din kami sa J-J's inasal so sabi ni vince iwan ko na lang yung key, binigay ko naman.... while in the resto, sabi ng wife bakit ko daw iniwan yung key without him(vince) giving me a receipt or something in writing na iniwan ko car key ko... eh pag balik ko naka pasok na sa loob at nililinis na... sabi ko na lang sa wife ko since reputable naman itong car wash na ito I dont think na me gagawa dun ng kalokohan, still hindi ko pa rin kinuha yung key dahil alam ko after washing ililipat yun sa kabila for waxing... after eating lunch binalikan ko, nailipat na ulit at wina wax na...

so far wala namang nawala... pero kung meron pala kasalan ko....
    There's an issue here that we have to consider. The fact that the owner of the vehicle will leave the premises and unlike a casa or repair shop wherein the service will take considerable hours to perform, we can't allow a car to occupy one of our work spaces for a period exceeding the service time allotment. We do need to move the car after its done to facilitate the other clients' need for service.

It's the owner's discretion whether or not they're comfortable with leaving their keys with the management (note also that the keys are always handed to the manager, not the workers, in our case). If the owner isn't comfortable with the idea, then the owner should probably not leave the premises and just wait for the service to be completed.

It's really up to the owner. There have been a lot of cases where we have customers driving multi-million peso cars just leaving their keys with us while some customers who drive normal cars wouldn't do so. It's not the value of the car that is in question, but the owner's decision to do so.

There was a time when I had my car washed sa dito sa may kanto ng village namin since sobrang dumi na talaga. I forgot I just withdrew 2K and left it sa cubbyhole sa ilalim ng radio. Needless to say, it was gone when the service was done. I didn't realize it was gone until I drove it back home. Throughout the service I was just sitting a few yards from the car. But what can you do? It was my negligence for misplacing the money in the first place, I can point fingers to the crews and management but that won't help me find the money back...
    Last edited by theveed; April 7th, 2006 at 01:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Had somewhat similar "bad" experience. Had rear shocks replaced at casa (C5). I showed the new shocks and my original shocks (the pair I replaced last september with surplus) to the guard and the advisor and they noted it. I then gave the advisor specific instructions to return to me the shocks that were to be replaced (yun nakakabit nga na surplus). 2hours later when I returned, I reminded him again, he then called the technicians, then he went to the work area. An hour later, they returned my ride (pinahugas pa daw) and I immediately inspected the replaced shocks in front of the advisor. Both were "compressed" to about half the length, and surprised, I asked "ganon ba kalaspag?? bakit ganyan?? e ito yun orig ko o.". Di ko kasi ma-retract. Umoo lang sya and said mareretract daw yun. Since I had to go back to the office, I left.
    When I got home, I got a closer look at the shocks and noticed na DI YUN AKIN. Kasi yun surplus ko both came from the same vehicle ng kakilala, and these were newly painted flat black na halos di na mabasa yun markings (part# and stuff). Also, it took two of us to retract both, and may "sabit" pag kinocompress-retract namin. Yun helper/mechanic namin noticed na yun bolt hole ng isa kapal ng alikabok, parang tagal na daw di nagalaw. But the kicker here was these shocks were not painted flat black, the markings were all visible and with rust pa konti.

Of course, when I complained by phone they said yun daw talaga akin. But, the advisor remembered that I had commented on its state talaga. Di ko na pinahaba, sabi nya will advise the manager daw. I said, kung gusto nyo maayos sistema nyo you have to take this seriously, and you have my numbers so call me if you need details. They never called. Sama din loob ko pero mind set ko na kasi nun wala mangyayari kaya di din ako galit nakipagusap. BTW, the reason I wanted the replaced shocks back was because paparefill ko kay ZEE (plus my orig ones) and give to my Dad. We know na yun left side ko lang may leak talaga, kaya dapat nagamit pa namin 2pcs.

I should have insisted na pala when I was still at the casa.., charge to experience din. BTW, to top it off, after I left the casa that day, hataw sa C5, umangat hood ko! Buti pag-angat napreno ko and slammed shut sya. I don't know why it did not get hooked dun sa hood guard(?) e. I called them when I got to the office, complained, "sorry" daw and sabihin din "manager."

Naihinga ko din..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    once you hand over the car keys, you're basically at their mercy. yung mga valet parking attendants kung minsan, they not only take stuff from your car, the also take your car for a joy ride.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Lost Sunglass While Car In Shop!