New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Pards, sorry but i just have to react on this (OT). If this is your perception of AdMU then that means you've got it all wrong during your stay there and I'm sure guys like Glennster and ssalloon will agree to this. ... or maybe we're just too old.

Back to regular programming.

Although for the MMDA guys, instead of just hanging around all day and waiting for a violator, they can still do much more to prevent the violation and direct traffic flow. This is a common case all around the metro and not only with the MMDA... every morning i see the same MAPSA guys standing in the middle of Paseo de Roxas near Buendia waiting for a color coding and beating the red light violation... and he's always talking on his cellphone in the middle of the street.

hirap naman yan bro kun tuturuan pa yun galing ng admu kun san mag u-turn. alam naman nila kun san dapat mag u-turn.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ateneo or any school and nandyan, makikita mo pa rin kung may modo or wala yung mga pasaway na driver. in the end matitigas din ulo or just wanted na magmatigas and makalamang . What if talagang small time na school nga ang nandyan? siguro todo todo lait natin kung gano sila ka-walang modo.

tsk tsk... i am sure marami sa malalakas loob na mag U-turn dyan ay may ID or connections kaya wala takot

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    huh? i believe there's a sign just at the exit of ateneo na nakasulat something like "no swerving. use the next u-turn slot near la vista 450m ahead" or something like that. you just have to glance up. i pass by the area daily and naiinis ako sa mga nagsswerve at pumipilit na mag u-turn agad kaya umaabot ng flyover ang traffic going to UP.

They might have reworded the sign since I first saw it. Didn't really pay any more attention after sinabihan ako ng kapatid ko who I fetch there from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    honestly the sign is quite visible kaso medyo maliit nga ang fonts at ang haba ng nakasulat. baka kasi ang focus ng mga nag-eexit ay going left na agad kaya di napapansin.
    Di talaga kapansin-pansin nung una. Maybe now it is.

Although totoo, even if the sign were not there, dapat bawal pa rin mag uturn due to the proximity of the exit to the uturn slot (imagine, you'd need to change lane from rightmost to leftmost lane within a matter of seconds).

Dami nang nakabangga na dun, my former batchmate included sa mga nag-uuturn out of nowhere.

OT: Naging school wars na rin to? Over traffic? :/
    Daming galit?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *Vinj: yeah I'm not saying it as a whole. There are really great people there as well, but I was just pointing out the kind of people that I don't like.

*AnK: Interesting how you can conclude that I'm a spoiled brat from one post. And yes I do know that you were jokingly joining in on the teasing, I just found it unnecessary.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    In the past, they extended the orange plastic barricades to prevent you from swerving to the u turn slot. Now they have taken that out.

Today, the set up is trap. There are always 3-4 MMDA personnel everyday at the slot early morning to late night waiting for their victims.

Will they correct the placement of signs, barricades and u turns to remove the trap? Let us see.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Well it's like catching mice. Those who are stupid enough bite the bait and get eaten. heheh

Even if there are no barricades, a considerate and courteous driver would know that it's improper to make that turn.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Although for the MMDA guys, instead of just hanging around all day and waiting for a violator, they can still do much more to prevent the violation and direct traffic flow. This is a common case all around the metro and not only with the MMDA... every morning i see the same MAPSA guys standing in the middle of Paseo de Roxas near Buendia waiting for a color coding and beating the red light violation... and he's always talking on his cellphone in the middle of the street.

Agree here. They should direct and/or assist in directing traffic, rather than concentrate on apprehending erring drivers.... Prevention is still better....

9505:spam:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I beg to disagree naman. What's the purpose of the signs if we can't follow? It's just like posting a No U-turn sign and still need pa bantayan? Natural after the sign sila pupuwesto.

Also, medyo tataas ang tension if postehan ng MMDA simula pa lang sa exit gate ng Ateneo. Magiging kawawa lang sila sa mga mag-aangas. Tama lang hulihin mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m515 View Post
    In the past, they extended the orange plastic barricades to prevent you from swerving to the u turn slot. Now they have taken that out.
    baka mmda ang nagtanggal para magkaroon sila ng chance para makapangotong

seriously, i put the blame on both the erring drivers and the mmda traffic enforcers. . .parehong silang participant sa kabulukan

1. to the traffic enforcer - a good and honest traffic enforcer will position himself at the other side and direct traffic so that those coming out of ateneo will take the u-turn slot further down the road and not cause congestion by cutting through traffic flow

2. to the erring driver - ANO KA BA? PAANO KA NAKAKUHA NG LISENSYA? NAKITA MO NGA ANG SIGN AT OBVIOUS NA MAKAKAABALA KA BY CUTTING THROUGH TRAFFIC FLOW E GINAWA MO PA RIN! KUNG WALANG MGA KATULAD MO, HINDI MANGANGAILANGAN NG ADDITIONAL TRAFFIC ENFORCERS SA KALYE NA PAMPALAKI LANG NG GASTOS NG GOBYERNO

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    baka mmda ang nagtanggal para magkaroon sila ng chance para makapangotong

seriously, i put the blame on both the erring drivers and the mmda traffic enforcers. . .parehong silang participant sa kabulukan

1. to the traffic enforcer - a good and honest traffic enforcer will position himself at the other side and direct traffic so that those coming out of ateneo will take the u-turn slot further down the road and not cause congestion by cutting through traffic flow

2. to the erring driver - ANO KA BA? PAANO KA NAKAKUHA NG LISENSYA? NAKITA MO NGA ANG SIGN AT OBVIOUS NA MAKAKAABALA KA BY CUTTING THROUGH TRAFFIC FLOW E GINAWA MO PA RIN! KUNG WALANG MGA KATULAD MO, HINDI MANGANGAILANGAN NG ADDITIONAL TRAFFIC ENFORCERS SA KALYE NA PAMPALAKI LANG NG GASTOS NG GOBYERNO
    in short kasalanan talaga ng mga drivers.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Katipunan U Turn MMDA Trap