New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ever wonder why several motorists are always in a huddle with MMDA authorities at the U turn section of Katipunan in front of Citibank Savings turning towards the South.

They just came from the Ateneo gate and swerved at the U turn which to MMDA is a traffic violation.

This is big business considering those who naturally would swerve to the convenient u turn even with the no swerving sign as they leave the campus.

Instead of catching their prey at the u turn, MMDA should be more preventive and lead the motorists towards the farther u turn slot to avoid the violation.

Be warned.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    dami nga nahuhuli dyan. pinipilit kasi mag u-turn sa mas malapit na slot. it causes more traffic sa motorists tapos aabangan pa sila ng MMDA kaya mas trafic tuloy.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if you used your signal lights then you are not swerving and you can contest.
    if you do not 'cut' through several lanes in a flash then you are not swerving and you can contest.
    if they say you are obstructing traffic you can contest that they are the one obstructing the traffic by making up false violations.
    remember get their names and be confident. ^^,m

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    if you used your signal lights then you are not swerving and you can contest.
    if you do not 'cut' through several lanes in a flash then you are not swerving and you can contest.
    if they say you are obstructing traffic you can contest that they are the one obstructing the traffic by making up false violations.
    remember get their names and be confident. ^^,m
    Due to the location of the youturn slot, you'll need to cut through several lanes.

Dito palang mali na.

Yung mali sa side ng ateneo/mmda - hindi naiinform yung mga drivers aside from a tiny sign kapag palabas ka na ng gate 3 that you'll need to take the "next" u-turn slot.

Except that I personally interpret "next" as the next one I see.

Uhhh...

Mga buwaya talaga

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I would suggest that these vehicles use the next U-turn slot, which is about 500meters farther (going to CP Garcia) to avoid complications with these traffic enforcers....

9505:spam:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    huh? i believe there's a sign just at the exit of ateneo na nakasulat something like "no swerving. use the next u-turn slot near la vista 450m ahead" or something like that. you just have to glance up. i pass by the area daily and naiinis ako sa mga nagsswerve at pumipilit na mag u-turn agad kaya umaabot ng flyover ang traffic going to UP.

honestly the sign is quite visible kaso medyo maliit nga ang fonts at ang haba ng nakasulat. baka kasi ang focus ng mga nag-eexit ay going left na agad kaya di napapansin. anyway, be more observant. as of this morning, i know the sign was still there.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    stop blaming and accusing the MMDA as kotongs, mali talaga yun mga vehicles na gusto mag U turn doon, ayaw kasi lumayo ng konti para umikot sa kabilang U turn eh. pag nahuli kotong kaagad ang sasabihin

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dapat lang naman talaga sila hulihin.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    marami ngang naguuturn dun coming from ateneo, medyo alanganin kya nagkakatraffic minsan hanggang taas ng flyover pero after that area deretso na.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hindi ko sure kung saan itong U-turn slot na ito along katipunan,,,pero kung alanganin ay huwag nang pilitin pa kahit u-turn, left or right turn or overtake man...sa pagsingit-singit pa lang mali na yung mga nakamotor...dapat lang talaga silang hulihin doon...tsaka hindi naman excuse ang sinoman kung hindi man natin alam yung batas...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Katipunan U Turn MMDA Trap