New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    as the supervisor it's your fault for not having a contingency plan and not being able to work with prima dona workers.

plus, i agree with the others, it's better to document everything. halos lahat ng tech companies meron ganyan employees who built the company product and they alone know the ins and outs of the software/process. documentation will definitely help at crunch time to find out if anybody did not do their job so it doesn't come to your word against theirs.

edit:
    i wonder if the TS is an alt account, parang sanay kasi magsumbong dito sa forum eh.
    Last edited by roninblade; July 20th, 2010 at 10:33 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    What a whiner. Waste of thread

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ladylee

job performance FAIL

stop complaining

grow up

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If it's any consolation, you're their boss.

Don't let your subordinates bully you.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylee View Post
    Mga kababayan, I am a new supervisor in a Call Center Support company. My Boss gave me a job to handle a project. Dito na dumating ang problema, Ung 4 supposed to be under me para sa project, napakahirap utusan. Hanggang ayaw na sumunod. Pero ung 4 naman eh ok. Ung 4 na un eh matagal na at dun binigay mga key roles w/c is A program that is written in assembly.The rest naman around 4 people eh ok. Nung dumating ang deadline, ako tinuturo ng dalawa. Sabi sakin ng boss ko ako daw may kasalanan, mahina daw supervisory skills ko. Nung tinanong ko sa boss ko kung mayroon ba ako power na mag evaluate o mag bigay man lang sa kanila ng warning ang sagot eh wala. How the hell I can break these guys kung wala naman pala ako power. Daym! Eto pa isa, kaya pala di mautusan eh silang dalawa eh pampered dahil sila lang nakakaalam ng mga key operations, data etc. ng kumpanya. Ano kaya magandang gawin guys?
    As a new supervisor, did you do the following:

1. Discuss with your boss your job description and responsibilities
    2. Clarify the scope of your authority, including ability to mete out disciplinary action for unacceptable behavior (and what these behaviors are)
    3. Discuss with your staff your expectations, including time frames for deliverables, milestones
    4. Consult with your boss regularly to provide feedback on the performance of your staff
    5. Provide feedback to your staff along with appropriate praise and constructive criticism where either apply
    6. Document all correspondences and communication with your staff, particularly when giving feedback to them regarding poor performance
    7. Request (and receive!) mentoring from your boss on how to handle each of your staff members

These are the important tasks of supervisors, especially the new ones. I will not say you failed or that you were right as I have no full and objective knowledge of your situation; however, go through the list above and see if you adequately did what you had to in order to be a successful supervisor.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sorry I was not able to reply.

Here is a full part of the story, the project was not mine before, then my boss gave me the project out of the blue, she just said she is appointing me to be the lead person for the project then she went into her normal ways.

The R&R was not defined for the project, there was no expectation meeting and whenever I sent her a mail regarding the status she just simply ignores it.

She is busy with her Consulting works in her other clients.

Sometimes she will ask status then after that there are no more feedback.

1 of these seniors kept on bad mouthing the members against to rebel against our boss and he said "kayang kaya naman ng walang manager"

I was pissed off because she the team is loosing its morale.

I talked to him about it and warned him not to do it again for it causes low morale on the part of the team members.

The project stalled after that.

Whenever I tell my boss regarding my teams predicament, she just tells me let me talk to them and that it, nothing happened.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    medyo naguluhan ako sa kwento mo... anyway, you can report yung mga problema mo sa kanya sa boss ng boss mo... that's the way to go... if you feel that she's not performing her job, report it sa mas mataas...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Resign........

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladylee View Post
    Mga kababayan, I am a new supervisor in a Call Center Support company. My Boss gave me a job to handle a project. Dito na dumating ang problema, Ung 4 supposed to be under me para sa project, napakahirap utusan. Hanggang ayaw na sumunod. Pero ung 4 naman eh ok. Ung 4 na un eh matagal na at dun binigay mga key roles w/c is A program that is written in assembly.The rest naman around 4 people eh ok. Nung dumating ang deadline, ako tinuturo ng dalawa. Sabi sakin ng boss ko ako daw may kasalanan, mahina daw supervisory skills ko. Nung tinanong ko sa boss ko kung mayroon ba ako power na mag evaluate o mag bigay man lang sa kanila ng warning ang sagot eh wala. How the hell I can break these guys kung wala naman pala ako power. Daym! Eto pa isa, kaya pala di mautusan eh silang dalawa eh pampered dahil sila lang nakakaalam ng mga key operations, data etc. ng kumpanya. Ano kaya magandang gawin guys?
    Good news: You have just reached your Level of Incompetence.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    i wonder if the TS is an alt account, parang sanay kasi magsumbong dito sa forum eh.
    OT: 1st post pa lang sumbong na agad ng kapalpakan nya. May 98% probability na alt account nga to, but that's just me. Hija, tsikot.com ito, hindi lovingly yours helen o maalaala mo kaya.

Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Good news: You have just reached your Level of Incompetence.

Ika nga ng avatar ni t*nod: "True,true,true"

BTW this is the first time that I've heard of a call center support company that does have projects like you are describing. What kind project is that? Could you please enlighten me on this.

BTT: And since ang thread title mo is "Kainis mag work", ang marerecommend ko lang is wag mo inisin ang sarili mo. Wag ka na lang mag work. Just what like chua_riwap said: Resign...
    Last edited by red07; July 21st, 2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Typo Error

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kainis mag work... work