New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ***Disclaimer: Don't know if this is the right forum to post in. This is more of an announcement.***

Message from Northwest 8 [fire chief of Manila Northwest Volunteer Fire Brigade]:
    APRIL 5 (Thursday), 9am. Parade: Justice for Ronaldo R. Infante (Severino Bravo), Fire Chief of Manila SETBA Fire Volunteer Brigade, Inc. Meeting Place at SETBA HQ (Batangas St. Sta. Cruz, Manila). Please wear black. Thank you.

How the media played it out to have happened:
    ABS CBN: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/video/nat...-killed-makati
    GMA: 2 killed in Makati encounter after failed rob try | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

What I think:
    I was never personally close to the deceased. But we know him and we deal with him from time to time. He is a legitimate businessman and he has no reason or motive to rob an LBC L300 delivery van. People in the fire fighting community tend to think that the LBC van accidentally sideswiped Severino Bravo and his companion in one of the dark streets in the area (hence the LBC driver later claiming that he intentionally rammed them). When the LBC van fled the scene, SB and his companion gave chase. The LBC van claimed a hijacking to call attention to the community and make his actions valid. The things that happened next are still under investigation but in the end, Makati Policemen riddled Severino Bravo (and his mechanic) with bullets until they were dead on the scene. Due to the nature of local business nowadays, SB and his mechanic are armed for protection with a Glock and Browning pistol. Both with complete license and papers as per the people in our small community.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Riding a Motorcycle in Tandem while carrying firearms, is just asking for trouble.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Business people riding around unarmed is asking for trouble too.

A guy just got killed in his CR-V after armed men pulled up and fired upon the vehicle to steal the cash he was carrying. In the vehicle was his wife and 11 year old child.

A couple was also killed in a robbery at the stoplight of Araneta Avenue after they were fired upon. They had just come from the bank. They died in their CR-V. Their child wasn't even 1 year old at the time if I remember right.

In today's world, it's no wonder everyone is arming for protection no matter what we ride or drive. Even fire trucks and ambulances are now armed (concealed carry, of course). Motorcycles are no exception. The bad guys can strike anywhere.

***GMA7 refused to cover the parade tomorrow saying it's a holiday and there are no reporters. Maybe they just don't want to cover the event since they were the first one to come out with the false report.***

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Business people riding around unarmed is asking for trouble too.

A guy just got killed in his CR-V after armed men pulled up and fired upon the vehicle to steal the cash he was carrying. In the vehicle was his wife and 11 year old child.

A couple was also killed in a robbery at the stoplight of Araneta Avenue after they were fired upon. They had just come from the bank. They died in their CR-V. Their child wasn't even 1 year old at the time if I remember right.

In today's world, it's no wonder everyone is arming for protection no matter what we ride or drive. Even fire trucks and ambulances are now armed (concealed carry, of course). Motorcycles are no exception. The bad guys can strike anywhere.

***GMA7 refused to cover the parade tomorrow saying it's a holiday and there are no reporters. Maybe they just don't want to cover the event since they were the first one to come out with the false report.***

if im not mistaken both cases involved a struggle since both refused to hand over the cash. now ask yourself this question, if you are armed but your family is with you in the car. will you shoot it out with the robbers?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon777 View Post
    if im not mistaken both cases involved a struggle since both refused to hand over the cash. now ask yourself this question, if you are armed but your family is with you in the car. will you shoot it out with the robbers?
    if i'm driving i'd probably keep driving as fast as i can so i can get away and try to ram the bad guys in motorcycle. shooting inside a car even if you're not driving is hard enough i'm sure shooting back while driving will be a lot harder unless you're jason bourne or james bond. the best thing to do if you are inside the car and not yet cornered then just drive away.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by andywesteast View Post
    Riding a Motorcycle in Tandem while carrying firearms, is just asking for trouble.
    YUP. Maiinit ang mga pulis dyan. They even have special Checkpoints for them.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Video tribute for bugoy:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzy2jn27ZN4]A Tribute To Severino BRAVO of Setba - YouTube[/ame]

La naman problema sa check point. Basta ok ang papers ng motor, ng rider, at ng firearms.

Problem dito, yung LBC driver that cried a hijacking when in fact it wasn't. And the cops that chose to shoot first and ask questions later...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Video tribute for bugoy:
    A Tribute To Severino BRAVO of Setba - YouTube

Problem dito, yung LBC driver that cried a hijacking when in fact it wasn't. And the cops that chose to shoot first and ask questions later...
    Next time, tell your Mekaniko to leave his 9mm Pistol at home, and just bring his tools.

The cops will always Shoot First and Ask Questions later, specially when you are armed, riding a bike and shooting back. As if hindi nangyayari before.

Its called Tempting Fate.
    Last edited by hein; April 5th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who said anything about shooting back? Wow.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As expected, GMA7 did not cover the event. Solar and aBS did come.

And the cctv footage of the makati apartelle has mysteriously become unavailable to the victim's family. Bravo died in front of the cctv camera.
    People just want the truth. If may ginawa nga na mali ang victims, tatanggapin naman ng family at community. Pero sa ngayon na nagtatago ang mga pulis na nakapatay at ang LBC driver na nag claim ng holdap, everyone is still searching for the truth.

Will post pics later.

And hindi naman lahat ng taong may baril ay masamang tao. Some of my colleagues even do rounds and clinic with their FA's within arm's reach. Iba na ang panahon ngayon. You cant even expect the police for protection kung simpleng tao ka lang.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Justice for Bugoy (Honors on April 13, Interment on April 14).  See post #127