New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    This incident just happened as in 30 mins ago, while on my way to work in ortigas, happily minding my own business just cruising along on my way to the parking lot I get hit by one of those undebone motorcycles which left a big dimple on my rear door on the driver side. Before I got to the corner I was supposed to turn left to, I already saw him some several hundred meters behind me and as I was about to make my turn I was so suprised to hear a screeching sound right beside me...pinilit pa rin nya unahan ako before I turned left, he was going straight, btw my left turn signal was on already when I first saw him and gusto pa rin nya ako unahan, next time I heard was BAM! I see him sprawled sa ground and it scared me sh*tless coz believe it or not this is the 1st time i've been involved in an accident with a moving vehicle (my past accidents involved non moving objects i.e. concrete pots, our gate, our parked car, but all very minor dings ). When I got down to see if he was ok, he said he was and when he took off his helmet, his eyes were kinda red and he smelled like beer, thats when I just lost it...Pinagsisigawan ko sha, and people passing by felt sorry for him pa wtf, so i made them hear what I was yelling at him coz I've worked too hard and sacrificed a lot for several years just to buy my civic. The motorcycle guy just kept saying sorry sorry sorry, coz I really gave him an earful,In my disgust, I just left him there. Nasira totally ang araw ko. This is a perfect example why several individuals ruin the name of a lot responsible motorcycle riders because of their recklessness, I have nothing against motorcyles, I have something against reckless individuals that can cause harm to property and people just by the way they act. Laking abala nanaman to para ipaayos yung damage which is a nasty dimple with scratches on the door, I was a bit thankful na in a way medyo konti lang damage sa car and the guy wasn't really hurt that much. But it still stings me too see something I've worked hard for to buy and took pains caring for just get damaged that way. I reallt hope all motorcycle riders emulate the responsible ones to avoid these accidents.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    99.99% of motorcycle riders are like that. It's like a miracle to see the good ones.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Still can't get it off my mind...I'm still pretty upset about it, can't understand why he couldn't pass by the passenger side instead.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    talagang mabigat sa loob yang ganyan.ingat na ingat ka sa car then ganyan lang mangyayari.kakainis ang ganyan lalo na pag winawash mo.nakakawalang gana pag dumaan ang kamay mo sa portion na may dimple.dapat talaga lagyan ng sariling lane yang mga bike na yan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jmjkidd5 View Post
    Still can't get it off my mind...I'm still pretty upset about it, can't understand why he couldn't pass by the passenger side instead.
    as you have mentioned the driver is still under the influence of alcohol so medyo malaks ang loob and overconfident na makakalusot siya.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    good thing it was just a dent.. mas mahirap kung yung rider na nga ang may kasalanan, eh ikaw pa ang gagastos sa paospital nya...

doble ingat na lang tayo parati...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Even here in the US they're not spared. Just the other night a motorcyclist was trying to get past me but I was beside another car so he wanted to get in between!

Sorry to hear your experience just get your insurance to cover it na lang.

If you don't understand why he did it, remember how drunk he looked like as you mentioned.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I sympathize with you. I have experienced a lot of that in more than 30 years of driving my own cars. It seems that the target of this kind of accidents are the new ones and at the time na ingat na ingat ka. Masasabi mo na lang, "Ni hindi man lang pina-abot mag-one year old ang kotse ko". But over the years, I have learned that it is part of having and driving a car.

If it is a small dimple lang, ipa-paintless dent repair mo na lang. Kung maibabalik yung original, the memory of the accident will fade.

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Sir, wag mo ng masyadong isipin. baka kung mapaano ka pa nyan eh. wala na tayong magagawa kasi andyan na yan. ang pinaka magandang gawin dyan eh ipaayos mo na agad para hindi mo na makita. kasi sa tuwing makikita mo yan eh mababad trip ka lang.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ooba99 View Post
    I sympathize with you. I have experienced a lot of that in more than 30 years of driving my own cars. It seems that the target of this kind of accidents are the new ones and at the time na ingat na ingat ka. Masasabi mo na lang, "Ni hindi man lang pina-abot mag-one year old ang kotse ko". But over the years, I have learned that it is part of having and driving a car.

If it is a small dimple lang, ipa-paintless dent repair mo na lang. Kung maibabalik yung original, the memory of the accident will fade.

Where would be the best paintless dent repair shop? How much would it usually cost?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Just Ranting