New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i learned my lessons the hard way...ngayon..cool na cool nalang sa kanila.hindi naman sa pababayaan..pero peaceful co existence naalng siguro ang hinihiling ko sa kanila.

diko sila papakialaman kung hindi nila ako papakialaman.wala lang bastusan..pero sa ngayon..tanggapin nalang natin na wala talaga silang pake sa atin...eh tayo naman may pake tayo sa mga sasakyan at mga nakikisakay satin diba?so tayo nalang ang umiwas...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    karamihan talaga ng mga bastos magmanehong public transport drivers mahirap umintindi. myopic kasi ang pananaw nila. back in college, nanghahabol pa ako pag may bastos na jeep/taxi, etc. looking back, i shouldn't have bothered, naisip ko, kung matalino sila, hindi sila driver

and to be fair, meron din namang matitinong public transport drivers, konti nga lang

but safety is safety, MMDA/PNP-TMG/LTO/local city traffic enforcers shouldn't let this pass. tayo maingat, sila hindi, threat sila sa atin, sa pasahero, at sa mga tumatawid.

btw, why do they turn-off their lights? would this significantly prolong battery life?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's a BS attitude. not only do they endanger, perhaps kill other drivers or pedestrians that can't see them, but also the lives of the people that ride their vehicle. i guess they don't feel like they have any accountability for whatever happens.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    i guess they don't feel like they have any accountability for whatever happens.
    they usually just scratch their heads and do either of the ff:

1. hihirit ng, "boss pasensya na"
    2. will insist sa police/traffic enforcer na ikaw ang may kasalanan, as if this will lead to something.

imho, it really pays to get comprehensive insurance for our vehicles. let the insurance companies deal with them :car:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MX
    btw, why do they turn-off their lights? would this significantly prolong battery life?
    akala siguro nila tataas ang electric bill nila kapag binuksan nila headlights nila
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wac3
    i think the reason that they turn off their headlights at night is for commuting people to see kung saan ang biyahe nila. hindi kasi makikita yung nakapaskel sa windshield nila pag nasisilawan ang mga nag aantay di ba? what they are doing wrong is kahit umaandar na sila wala pa rin headlight. they should turn it off only when they are about to stop to board passengers.
    That's a good observation, bro.

But at least, they should keep the parking lights on, or maybe use those low intensity parking headlamps like those on them old Ford Lasers and VW Beetles.

Furthermore, they could also rig some kind of lighting for the plackards on the windshield, without blinding themselves and the rest of the jeepney's occupants.

However they resolve this for themselves, driving w/o lights is a major offense and should be made punishable to the full extent of the law. The blatant disregard for public safety is a matter that should not to be taken lightly.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MX
    they usually just scratch their heads and do either of the ff:

1. hihirit ng, "boss pasensya na"
    2. will insist sa police/traffic enforcer na ikaw ang may kasalanan, as if this will lead to something.

imho, it really pays to get comprehensive insurance for our vehicles. let the insurance companies deal with them :car:
    come to think of it, they (the jeepney drivers) may have found an ally in insurance agencies. tingin ko sa BF, gus2 na talaga sila i-phase out and
    mag-come up ng much more efficient means of public transport. pero talagang nagtataka kumbakit andyan pa din mga rolling coffins na buses & jeepneys.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Those drivers that are doing these should have their license confiscated.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    come to think of it, they (the jeepney drivers) may have found an ally in insurance agencies. tingin ko sa BF, gus2 na talaga sila i-phase out and
    mag-come up ng much more efficient means of public transport. pero talagang nagtataka kumbakit andyan pa din mga rolling coffins na buses & jeepneys.
    How does that work?

In my town, some people have also been trying to abolish tricycles for public transport, but it's obviously going to be an uphill battle for them. The main thing is if you can't find a substitute means of livelihood for the "little man" (small business operators, emplyees, and their families), you're basically throwing them out in the open and leaving them to fend for themselves with nothing.

I don't think that would be good for the crime rate. Neither would it be a humane thing to do.

Di naman abolish, but at least enforce the law (wishfull thinking).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
jeepneys or other vehicles with their headlights off