New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    good thing, bro, at safe ka naman. . .salamat for posting this incident. . .dumadaan ako jan sa c5 pag galing ng slex. . .i guess mag-edsa na lang siguro para maiwasan yang mga ganyang tao. . .

peace of christ!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    buti na lang di ka nasaktan (physically). thanks for warning us. pareho tayo ng auto, i always wear seatbelt. di pala gagana airbag pag may collision on that speed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    Thanks for the info sir, malamang MO nga nila yan.. mahirap talaga dumaan sa c5 lalo na pag di mo kabisado, bukod sa madilim na nagkalat pa mga concrete barriers na bigla na lang susulpot sa harap mo.. konting ingat na lang tayo, madalas pa naman ako dumaan dito sa c5..
    Quote Originally Posted by washburn View Post
    slowdown lang sa c5 lalo na sa northbound kung di kabisado ang kalsada, dami nang na aksidente dyan, bottle neck na papuntang intersection dahil sa elevated u-turn slot construction kaya gugulatin ka nalang ng concrete barriers,
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    marami narin ako naririning na mga nag-ttrip sa C5 lalo na sa madaling araw. ingat lang mga kapatid!
    malamang nga bagong MO ng mga carnappers. you'll have nowhere to go kasi youre boxed in between two cars. magugulat ka na lang if the car in front of you suddenly slams on the brakes eh anluwag ng kalye in front! un nga lang sumalpok na ko sa auto nya kaya nawalan na ng interes sa auto ko. wasak na kasi. And he didnt care if wasak din rear end niya.

Kabisado ko na ang part na to ng c5 mga sirs. i pass here everyday going home. nagkalat na din ngayon ang mg barriers ng MMDA. I passed by that road again this morning iba na naman ang position ng mga barriers.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    good thing, bro, at safe ka naman. . .salamat for posting this incident. . .dumadaan ako jan sa c5 pag galing ng slex. . .i guess mag-edsa na lang siguro para maiwasan yang mga ganyang tao. . .

peace of christ!
    tnx bro. its better to pass by edsa na lang if alanganing oras na.

ingat na lang tayong lahat.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo18 View Post
    buti na lang di ka nasaktan (physically). thanks for warning us. pareho tayo ng auto, i always wear seatbelt. di pala gagana airbag pag may collision on that speed.
    tnx bro. slight bruises and bugbog lang sa head and muscles dahil sa pagkauntog. nice corolla. same color. good thing you do that. that time kasi i wasnt wearing mine. i was confused nga why the airbags didnt deploy as they were intended to.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    tnx bro. its better to pass by edsa na lang if alanganing oras na.

ingat na lang tayong lahat.

tnx bro. slight bruises and bugbog lang sa head and muscles dahil sa pagkauntog. nice corolla. same color. good thing you do that. that time kasi i wasnt wearing mine. i was confused nga why the airbags didnt deploy as they were intended to.
    baka at higher speeds ang deployment. sana sir next time lagi ka na mag seatbelt.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo18 View Post
    baka at higher speeds ang deployment. sana sir next time lagi ka na mag seatbelt.
    siguro nga sir. ill try to ask toyota for that. tnx sir. will do.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hindi at higher speed ang deployment, since you were moving and when the Civic braked, hindi siya complete stop so he was still moving and you slowed down but not enough. Basically it's just like you hit a car while you were going a bit faster so there's only around 30kph difference between the two of you I would guess. Airbags usually deploy around 60kph.

In the crash tests we often see the deceleration is from around 60kph to zero, so the G-force acting on this is much higher than the one you had, which was probably, say, 80kph to 60kph, or even 50kph, so that's just a 30kph difference. The airbag sensors need to have a large enough gap between the velocity at the moment of impact and the final velocity at a certain time frame (usually just milliseconds). If the difference (or in that case, deceleration) is large enough then only then will the bags deploy.

Just do the math regarding the deceleration and you'll see that your deceleration was not as hard so the airbags won't deploy, even if you're well within the range of speed (usually 25kph and above I think) at which they should.
    Last edited by mbeige; March 31st, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    +1 on the thrown stones along C5.

Ingat na lang po kayo sa bandang Kalayaan Ave. intersection at may ginagawa kasi dyan. Even at slower speeds (60-70 km/h) in daytime traffic, the three remaining lanes in that area can give you claustrophobia.

It's not ideal of course, but methinks we'll have to live with the bottleneck for a few more months...

Good think you're okay boss.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Hindi at higher speed ang deployment, since you were moving and when the Civic braked, hindi siya complete stop so he was still moving and you slowed down but not enough. Basically it's just like you hit a car while you were going a bit faster so there's only around 30kph difference between the two of you I would guess. Airbags usually deploy around 60kph.

In the crash tests we often see the deceleration is from around 60kph to zero, so the G-force acting on this is much higher than the one you had, which was probably, say, 80kph to 60kph, or even 50kph, so that's just a 30kph difference. The airbag sensors need to have a large enough gap between the velocity at the moment of impact and the final velocity at a certain time frame (usually just milliseconds). If the difference (or in that case, deceleration) is large enough then only then will the bags deploy.

Just do the math regarding the deceleration and you'll see that your deceleration was not as hard so the airbags won't deploy, even if you're well within the range of speed (usually 25kph and above I think) at which they should.
    i see, thanks sir!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Nako, buti hindi ka napahamak.

Plano pa naman naming dumaan ng madaling araw sa C5 next week papuntang batangas. Mukhang EDSA nalang daan namin.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ingat sa c5