New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Just wanted to make a thread on incredibly fast stoplights in and around the Metro. These can get really irritating especially when you're on a rush and have little choice but to take these roads.

1st off is my favorite one in Meralco Ave. in front of Meralco head office going to Ortigas Ave. (both to Greenhills and Pasig-Cainta). Man, this intersection had wasted my time one two many times!

I've timed the Go signal to about 20-40 seconds only on the average. What's worst is they added another stoplight (No right turn on red signal) to those eastbound going down to Pasig-Cainta even if there's an island in place for those turning right. This causes even more traffic in front of Metrowalk because they all get piled up. It can get traffic here even during 1 or 2 AM!

Really been wanting to rant on this for quite some time. I don't know why those traffic enforcers allow it to be this way for such a long time already!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I feel your pain bro.

There are three stoplights like that which I regularly encounter:

1. The Fort, left turn towards C5 (at the Market Market side) from Serendra. The stoplight only lasts around 15 seconds for Green, probably less. At the most, three vehicles can turn left, but if the front-most vehicle is driven by someone not paying attention, only two cars can proceed at a time.

2. Intersection of Makati Avenue and Kalayaan, going towards Rockwell. The stoplight, at night, lasts 20-30 seconds for green. In the morning, that stoplight can last up to a minute for Green. Weird.

3. Intersection of Kalayaan and Burgos, going left to Burgos from Makati Avenue. The stoplight here lasts 15-20 seconds for Green, only allowing 3-4 vehicles at the most to cross.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I feel your pain bro.

There are three stoplights like that which I regularly encounter:

1. The Fort, left turn towards C5 (at the Market Market side) from Serendra. The stoplight only lasts around 15 seconds for Green, probably less. At the most, three vehicles can turn left, but if the front-most vehicle is driven by someone not paying attention, only two cars can proceed at a time.

2. Intersection of Makati Avenue and Kalayaan, going towards Rockwell. The stoplight, at night, lasts 20-30 seconds for green. In the morning, that stoplight can last up to a minute for Green. Weird.

3. Intersection of Kalayaan and Burgos, going left to Burgos from Makati Avenue. The stoplight here lasts 15-20 seconds for Green, only allowing 3-4 vehicles at the most to cross.
    Yeah I've come across those, was supposed to mention the one in the Fort rin (the one coming from where the pedestrian crossing is in Serendra/Fully Booked right?), although less irritating siya since konti lang usually cars na kasabay mo if ever, hehe but still, it's still fast!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yeah i know the one on fort. its pretty annoying.

Also, i hope there would be standard traffic lights like the ones on pasig city proper where its green then blinking green for around 5 seconds before yellow then red. This is really good design of the traffic light system.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I generally like the new stop lights in Pasig. My only complaint is that those with left turn lights may be confusing to those not familiar with the area, since the green arrow only lights up pag Go na.

May iba tuloy who keep honking their horns on those na nakastop going to the left, may iba naman na di alam kung maglleft na ba or hindi. Well, at least for those without common sense baka mahirapan, hehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    how about yung papuntang Greenhills (Ortigas corner Santolan, opposite side of Petron)?

palaging napakahaba ng traffic dito paano ang bilis magpalit into red light.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Yung sa Fort Bonifacio, dami dun... So if you're in a hurry, wag kang dadaan dun

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Eh yung intersection ng Ortigas-Edsa. Yeahp, the green may not be that fast pero yung yellow light ..

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Dito din sa intersection sa North Ave and Mindanao ave. Mabilis ang stoplight.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    dapat ang mga taga manila gayahin ang stoplight dito sa batangas mga stoplight dito eh may mga timer kita mo kung gano katagal ang stop and go

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
The Incredibly Fast Stoplight Thread!