New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung walang irregularities ang mga stoplight natin eh paano naman raraket ang mga kotong cops?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Roxas Blvd. turning left to Airport Road., super bilis ng green light dito, kainis.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    I feel your pain bro.

There are three stoplights like that which I regularly encounter:

1. The Fort, left turn towards C5 (at the Market Market side) from Serendra. The stoplight only lasts around 15 seconds for Green, probably less. At the most, three vehicles can turn left, but if the front-most vehicle is driven by someone not paying attention, only two cars can proceed at a time.

2. Intersection of Makati Avenue and Kalayaan, going towards Rockwell. The stoplight, at night, lasts 20-30 seconds for green. In the morning, that stoplight can last up to a minute for Green. Weird.

3. Intersection of Kalayaan and Burgos, going left to Burgos from Makati Avenue. The stoplight here lasts 15-20 seconds for Green, only allowing 3-4 vehicles at the most to cross.
    I hate this stop light! Mas mabilis pa na mag-right ka na lang, tapos left sa next stop light at umikot

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I hate this stop light! Mas mabilis pa na mag-right ka na lang, tapos left sa next stop light at umikot
    Haha I think I did this one time when there were a lot of cars that time.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by umi001 View Post
    Buti nalang tuwing gabi ako dumadaan diyan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The one at Meralco Avenue is epic fail. Ambabagal pa ng ibang sasakyan kumaliwa papunta Ortigas, paano nakapila sa pinakaleft lane na pang U-turn lang talaga yun tapis sisingit pa sa gitna. Ayan ambagal tuloy kaya before you know it pula nanaman yung ilaw tapos NAPAKATAGAL bago mag green uli, parang 5 minutes ata naka green yung galing ROsario pakanan papunta Ortigas. Waste of gas talaga. Pinapatay ko yung makina ko pag andun ako eh.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    anyone commuting daily through the one at east ave to edsa?

on most days, the lights are normal whatever time limit it is to cross the intersection, but for some reason, on some random day, that has nothing to do with traffic flow, the lights switch from green, yellow, and red in under a couple of seconds.

what waits for you on the side, watching cars drive by? a mmda traffic enforcer to pull you over for "running a red light".

you may say, it's because the light is broken and people are rushing through, but rather than guide traffic through, what does he do? the mmda pulls whoever he can get that are blocked off in the middle from other vehicles rushing through the intersection. it causes more people to stop and maneuver around the car, causing more congestion, so avoiding traffic congestion is definitely not the reason behind it.

this lanky looking iguana looking man and a short dark man with a distended stomach usually lurks that area

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Padagdag sa listahan, Buendia cor Makati Ave (yung direksyon na papuntang EDSA mabilis mag red tas ang volume ng sasakyan umaabot ng corner Nicanor Garcia. Pero yung papuntang Pasay no problem.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_daddy View Post
    Roxas Blvd. turning left to Airport Road., super bilis ng green light dito, kainis.
    i second the motion.
    grabe ang bilis ng green dyan. mapapamura ka sa bilis.
    tapos yung mga aswang, nakaabang agad sa mga viloators.........

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by
    Sometimes slow reacting drivers also worsen the problem.
    IMHO people here in Manila don't react that quickly when the light turns green, and you also get the stubborn PUVs and tricycles that lurch across an intersection slowly scouring for passengers.
    It's funny when I visited my family in the States its the complete opposite, when the light turns green every body; even that old Lady in a Minivan turns into a Nascar driver at the Lights.
    Ako bwisit naman sa busina agad pag green, what wala na karatan mag shift muna to drive? Iba kasi mentality ng mga drivers dito eh ang tinitingnan eh yun intersect na traffic lights tapos inaanticipate na pag nag yellow na doonnasndar na rin sila

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The Incredibly Fast Stoplight Thread!