New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Isn't it a form of duping the public by stating facts that aren't true. Capitalizing on their "need"? What should the government do to protect the public? What should we do for that matter?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nothing. Eh karamihan naman ng "authorities" na yan eh walang alam tungkol sa mga "gas-saving" devices na yan eh! :fire:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If these gadgets really save gas, oh di sana lahat binili na yan ng mga automakers. Mas mahirap may kalaban sa technology. Parang ung car na running on water, binili yata ng shell yun or isang automaker. Kwento lang nung prof ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    they are given awards ... remember that venturi thingy installed at exhaust pipe? hahahaha

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    actually, there's been no comprehensive testing done by the government over these "gas savers". which means they can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the gas-saving device manufacturers are conning its customers.

i guess it would fall under "caveat emptor": let the buyer beware.

but yes, i still don't believe this stuff they're saying. we've tested a few, and believe me, it just upset the engine more.

regarding dingel's case, the supposed inventor of the vehicle that runs on water. his idea is that the hydrogen in the water can be burned as fuel for the vehicle. water as we all know, is abundant, and inert, making it the best "fuel" for vehicles. several automakers have tested hydrogen vehicles, but everyone's problem seems to be where to source pure hydrogen, and how to store it safely.

The idea is correct in theory. However, it would take more energy to separate hydrogen from H20, which defeats the purpose altogether. (and that's why hydrogen vehicle technology is in a standstill).

DOST has done extensive laboratory testing on the said vehicle (it was published a few years ago on The Philippine Star) and if i remember it right, the exhaust was measured to have carbon content, meaning there is combustion from organic matter involved to run the vehicle.

I've even had a chance to interview the head of the Philippine Inventors Society, and from him I learned that they've kicked out Dingel because his vehicle-running-on-water invention is a hoax. How did they prove it? One of their fellow inventors had his van converted to Dingel's invention, which in the end destroyed the engine altogether.

People said a Japanese car manufacturer bought the invention, others say Shell did. Others say it was a german automaker, or a taiwanese lab.I think all these rumors were spread by Dingel's camp.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Anybody here seen the movie on electric cars?

"Who Killed The Electric Car?"

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    they are given awards ... remember that venturi thingy installed at exhaust pipe? hahahaha
    And don't awards actually give them false "credibility". who comes up with these awards anyway and do they not have a governing body? Doesn't this fall under DTI territory?

Or do they "buy" the awards? Maybe the "awards" should be put under scrutiny/

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you observed a fuel economy gadget testing by the DOE/DOST, you won't be surprised why such gadgets get "awards" and "government certifications".

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you observed a fuel economy gadget testing by the DOE/DOST, you won't be surprised why such gadgets get "awards" and "government certifications".
    ika nga - brain drain nga talaga ba sa scientific community natin?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    maganda din pala kung may local mythbusters? o send nyo sa actual mythbusters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
If gas savers don't work what are authorities doing about them?