New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    these credit card companies / insurance / pre-need share their database.. i know the people * Family First.. they buy contact info for Php1.00 per valid contact number/name..

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    laki kita ng info seller..with millions of credit card users pa lang tsktsk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    There was this list of comebacks for such callers, try finding it.

Gusto ko pag girl tapos maganda ang boses, "Sandali lang ha...so what are you wearing?"

And the Seinfeld bit: "I can't talk right now, could I get your home number so I can call you tonight?" Presumably the guy answers that he doesn't want to give out his home number. "So you know how I feel having strangers call me."

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    not even on telephone, pati sa mall while walking me magbibigay ng stubs and sasabihin no nothing, tapos nakalagay nanalo ka sa stub, just claim your prize to this and that place, pero pagdating mo dun me kelanagn ka bilihin to get the prize, meron din nga through mails papadalhan ka mail tapos ganun din, or tipong you won 3000 pesos, upon claiming di mo pede claim cash kelangan in kind pero yung mga binebenta nila BS price, tipong 10000 sasabihin nila you get 3000 and additional less pa on what so ever stuff, horrible, but as i see it its part of marketing strategy, yun e kung papadala ka nasa saiyo na yun

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMagic
    Impulzz,
    Maganda ba ang voice nung tumawag? Tanungin mo agad kung pwede mag email muna siya ng pic sa iyo bago mo siya puntahan.

ang clu flu ba may phone service na ganyan?

sana meron...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    laki kita ng info seller..with millions of credit card users pa lang tsktsk
    I remember many years ago when my dad used to receive quite a few junk mail every now and then. That was back in our old address. Here's the thing, our street address was misspelled every single time.

So what then? My dad, at the time, actually received regular legitimate mail, with our address misspelled in the same manner. From whom? Citibank.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    most probably a life insurance rider at that...baka accidental death benefit lang yan kasi yun ang pinaka cheap sa mga life insurance companies, and the risk of you dying in one is very remote (based on actuarial studies). its usually good for a year only.

companies who do that here include Pru Life U.K. and Philamlife. and yes, they tie up with the credit card companies so they know your information.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    most probably a life insurance rider at that...baka accidental death benefit lang yan kasi yun ang pinaka cheap sa mga life insurance companies, and the risk of you dying in one is very remote (based on actuarial studies). its usually good for a year only.

companies who do that here include Pru Life U.K. and Philamlife. and yes, they tie up with the credit card companies so they know your information.
    Hey Mr. Gilmore i just got a call this week from Purdential Life daw i won daw insurance as part of their anniversary. Claim ko lang daw sa RCI bldg, rada st, mkti. Contact Jom Sta Ana daw. I have no plans of going here unless 1 of the tsikoteers here will tell me that this is indeed a good deal. If they call me again papadeliver ko nalang sa office ko ang price, kung ayaw nila ideliver ayawan na. You need me, then go to me, i won't go to you. May nakaencounter na ba ng ganito mga bro?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slipstreamer
    Hey Mr. Gilmore i just got a call this week from Purdential Life daw i won daw insurance as part of their anniversary. Claim ko lang daw sa RCI bldg, rada st, mkti. Contact Jom Sta Ana daw. I have no plans of going here unless 1 of the tsikoteers here will tell me that this is indeed a good deal. If they call me again papadeliver ko nalang sa office ko ang price, kung ayaw nila ideliver ayawan na. You need me, then go to me, i won't go to you. May nakaencounter na ba ng ganito mga bro?

Prudential Life? paging Mazda2......

As i've said on my previous post...probably they will give you that accident rider policy (on group policy or on personal accident mode).... almost cost them nothing, and the risk of you dying from an accident is very low (mortality rating). yes, they will give that to you, but based on the scenario you've stated above. baka you will just have to spend some time listening to the presentation of their "other" products, that they feel they can sell to you at a price (yung may profit sila...) its their method of marketing.

on your "you need me, then go to me" principle.... hindi sila papatol dyan. most probably, is hindi lang sila magsasawang kulitin ka...

a suggestion is to tell them bluntly and frankly that you are not interested with what they are offering. maybe that will keep them from bugging you up.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slipstreamer
    Bro... I sideline for Prudentialife (but we don't engage in telesales... traditional marketing kami... i.e. we are the ones going to client's places, etc...)

May libre ka ngang life insurance (pero maliit lang ang value for sure). Pero may high-pressure sales pitch rin sila na ibibigay sa iyo. Unless you have a really strong personality baka mapabili ka ng di oras.

Kaya medyo kahit kami hindi in favor sa telesales... bad rep sa company... and hindi siya quality service sa clients. Biruin mo, yung client pa ang pupunta sa kanila instead of the other way around.

====

By the way... I got a call a few weeks ago... just to satisfy my curiousity I went... then I emailed Sen. Jamby about this... read on:

Good day Senator Jamby,

First of all...

As for my main concern, I would just like to report a name dropping incident which invoked your family's name. I was called up just this morning by presumably a telephone sales representative - claiming that I won P50,000 in gifts "courtesy of the Madrigal Group of Companies of Sen. Jamby Madrigal". They claimed that a letter was dispatched to me and that it would expire if I didn't claim the prize within 2PM of today.

To satisfy my curiousity, I went to Rm 401, Vicente Madrigal Bldg, Ayala Ave, Makati City to claim the said prize. When I was already there the receptionist asked for my credit card to verify my identification. When I inquired as to why my credit card is being used they said that it was part of the "deal". I then asked for their DTI permit number which they claimed to have but they weren't able to present.

Aftera while, another person exlained to me why my credit card was being asked for. They claimed that the association of Mastercard & Visa credit card companies is the ones sponsoring the "gifts". And they need to verify if I was an active cardholder. I then asked if my credit card number would suffice - but they said that they need to photocopy it.

In which case, I promptly left the building as I already knew that it was a scam wherein they might charge my credit card with unauthorized transactions. There were also posters fo Permanent Plans in the office which made me think that they were the ones behind this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
i won insurance daw