New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    See my previous post.

"Pinagtyatyagaan ako" - Why not? When I have the time I also play with my dog. In your ignorance, please don't flatter yourself.

hahahaha. compare ba naman ako sa ASO... salamat po.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Clavel,

I take that back. Sorry. That was uncalled for.

But my issue is that we are debating cold calling - the pros and cons. It was a healthy discussion until you branded those who are annoyed at cold calling as mayayabang. You also took issue with my using a leather briefcase and my putting my phones in it. For me, that is a personal attack - hence my reaction.

If you want to defend cold calling, for whatever reasons you might have, do so. But stick to the issue. Walang personalan.

That's all.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Clavel,

I take that back. Sorry. That was uncalled for.

But my issue is that we are debating cold calling - the pros and cons. It was a healthy discussion until you branded those who are annoyed at cold calling as mayayabang. You also took issue with my using a leather briefcase and my putting my phones in it. For me, that is a personal attack - hence my reaction.

If you want to defend cold calling, for whatever reasons you might have, do so. But stick to the issue. Walang personalan.

That's all.
    tidus dont see it as offensive coz wala ako pinatutungkulan... at alam nya hindi sya yun.

kasabihan nga bato bato sa langit kung tamaan ay wag magalit. Im not defending cold calling. Im just saying kanya kanya yan... trabaho lang walang personalan just say sorry not interested thats it hindi ko na kailangan pa magalit pa at isipin ko its wasting my time...

unang una hindi ako nagtratrabaho sa sales... at mostly kainteract ko ay tigasales... madami nag aalok madami tumatawag...

Hard selling its a NONO... but iniisip ko lang trabaho lang walang personalan... they need to earn a leaving na katulad ko... kaya kailangan ko din sila initindihin

Minsan hindi natin alam may mga gawi tayo or sinasabi na kayabangan na ang dating... uulitin ko hindi ko sinasabi ikaw yun... " tamaan ay wag magagalit ".

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I guess let us just agree to disagree on this point and leave it at that. Don't get me wrong. I fully agree with you cold calling is a job. All I am saying is, if I am treated properly, I respond nicely. In fact, just recently a broker I didn't know texted me re a deal on some condo units. Since I happened to have a Japanese acquaintance who was in the market, I referred him. It turned out he bought 5 units from her.

I guess it is really a matter of choice. We all have our own situations that others might find difficult to understand or appreciate that lead us to have very strong opinions on certain things such as cold calling or how it affects our individual lives.

As to creating an impression on others, I guess that's true. While it is the prerogative of an individual to form an impression or conclusion of another, in my old age I have learned not to pre-judge others unless I have been in their specific situation. It actually makes for a better appreciation of others.

Again my apologies. Have a good day.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It doesn't matter how much free time you have, or how you use it, if you're the one deciding.

I spend my time here on tsikot to relax, to share with friends, and to take my mind off work. I come on after I sign all my documents, then I sign off when I go on inspection trips.

But it's my decision on how I want to use that time.

If a telemarketer asks to use 30 minutes of that relaxation time, wasting it to sell me something I don't want, I don't appreciate it.

Just like I don't appreciate people stopping me from walking when I'm at the mall.

I realize "trabaho" lang yun, I have friends who do this kind of thing for a living... but there's a proper way to do it. Text. Approach politely and ask a person if they want something. Don't aggressively invade someone else's personal space or time. If they're interested, they'll respond. If not, go on to the next one.

Arrogant? For me, it's arrogant to pester customers who are clearly not interested. The most successful salespeople (and I know a few who make a killing at sales) are the ones who pick their targets right, don't scare them off, and who build a rapport. That means you don't thrust yourself outwards (unless you're a woman with big assets in front, but then my wife will probably clobber you... :hysterical: ), but maintain open body language, relaxed, casual... invite the customer to come to you and your display. Once you've done that, you have them hooked.

Same with telemarketing. A text is an open invitation to inquire. A call is forcing the person to interact with you whether they like it or not, during a time when they could be busy doing something else. Texting is the way to go.

As long as you don't text at midnight... like some idiots.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I guess let us just agree to disagree on this point and leave it at that. Don't get me wrong. I fully agree with you cold calling is a job. All I am saying is, if I am treated properly, I respond nicely. In fact, just recently a broker I didn't know texted me re a deal on some condo units. Since I happened to have a Japanese acquaintance who was in the market, I referred him. It turned out he bought 5 units from her.

I guess it is really a matter of choice. We all have our own situations that others might find difficult to understand or appreciate that lead us to have very strong opinions on certain things such as cold calling or how it affects our individual lives.

As to creating an impression on others, I guess that's true. While it is the prerogative of an individual to form an impression or conclusion of another, in my old age I have learned not to pre-judge others unless I have been in their specific situation. It actually makes for a better appreciation of others.

Again my apologies. Have a good day.
    Apologies is not accepted... dapat hindi mo dinamay pamilya ko dito lalo na parents ko... even im underachieving hindi nila pinamukha sa akin yun at mas lalo nila ako minahal para tulungan ako.

Fortunately hindi ako under achieving na sinasabi mo kaso sinabi mo nga na matanda kana and you dont prejudge people. kahit mababang nilalang sila basta marangal wala dapat ikahiya.

Even sila ay isang criminal magnanakaw wala ako karapatan ijudge sila bakit sila ganun... baka may malalim silang dahilan kaya sila nagkaganun.

If people dont treat me properly i still respond nicely... dahil yun ang tinuro sa akin nang magulang ko maging magalang lagi. bahala na sila kung ano gusto nila. Pero kung away gusto nila pwede din ako maging hayop na katulad nila.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    As long as you don't text at midnight... like some idiots.
    may nagtxt nga sa akin 3am para mag alok lang nang home service massage...

muntik pa maging away namin mag asawa. hahahahaha buti naalala nya yung number na sya ang lagi tumatawag para maghome service sa amin.

pagkatapos nun tinawanan lang namin kasi baka wala pa sila masyadong client on that night.

sabay tulog ulit.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    :popcorn: :pepsi:

shadow....mas ok ang hot calls.
    walang argumento.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may kakatawag lang dito nag aalok ng cash loan ng Chinatrust

hehe

every freaking day may tumatawag dito kung ano ano inaalok

meron pa nga optical clinic nag aalok ng free eye check up. tapos bebentathan ka ng glasses

ganyan talaga ngayon. aggressive. they don't wait for customers to go to them

they come to you even if you don't need them

in your face

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir Clavel,

I agree with you that they only want to earn a living by doing cold calls, kaya lang.. thats spamming na.. katanggap tanggap na siguro if they will text first asking for permission to call on whatever time tayo free, kung di tayo magrereply sa kanila, dapat di na sila magtext or magreply, or we can just reply na "dont call or text me, i will just contact you if kailangan ko na yung product or service mo"

Di nila pwede ikatwiran na TRABAHO lang, there is alwasy a proper way to do marketing, lalo na for phone marketing, kailangan magpaalam muna.

I will give you an example... magaaggree ba ang tsikot members if I will sell the user database info of tsikot.com? 130und 117,000 email address? dami na nagoffer sa amin, credit card companies, other advertisers etc... pero di namin binibigay, and if ever na man na ibigay ko ang database, acceptable reason ba na sabihin ko na TRABAHO lang? for sure marami magagalit.

Thats why we strictly impose na we will only send a MASS message through PM kung may special Promo or important announcement from tsikot, but never mangyayari na ibebenta namin user database ng tsikot.
    emails and phone numbers,napagpapasapasahan ng ibat ibang companies.. insurance, credit cards, hotel etc etc... pero yun nga... there is a proper way naman to approach their leads... na instead na tumawag agad.. magtext muna. Privacy issue na yun kung tawag na tawag agad directly sa atin...

my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    tidus dont see it as offensive coz wala ako pinatutungkulan... at alam nya hindi sya yun.

kasabihan nga bato bato sa langit kung tamaan ay wag magalit. Im not defending cold calling. Im just saying kanya kanya yan... trabaho lang walang personalan just say sorry not interested thats it hindi ko na kailangan pa magalit pa at isipin ko its wasting my time...

unang una hindi ako nagtratrabaho sa sales... at mostly kainteract ko ay tigasales... madami nag aalok madami tumatawag...

Hard selling its a NONO... but iniisip ko lang trabaho lang walang personalan... they need to earn a leaving na katulad ko... kaya kailangan ko din sila initindihin

Minsan hindi natin alam may mga gawi tayo or sinasabi na kayabangan na ang dating... uulitin ko hindi ko sinasabi ikaw yun... " tamaan ay wag magagalit ".

Hyundai Greenhilss making COLD CALLS!