New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I was driving to work yesterday, when suddenly my phone rang. The phone number is not in my directory so syempre medyo apprehensive ako kunin yung call kasi if its not in my directory malamang its not really important and I can just ignore it.

Pero what the heck! So I parked at the sides with blinkers on (I didn't use my Fiesta since it was coding, could have been much easier) and took the call.

Yun pala its just a Hyundai Greenhills agent (female) asking me if I wanted to buy a car? Nainis ako and said with a string HINDI! Hindi ko kailangan ng kotse. I hanged up immediately afterwards.

Bwisit itong mga to. First of all how the hell did they get my number, I bought my Hyundai at Quezon Ave and not at Greenhills. And its annoying that they do make cold calls now. Spam texts are tolerable but cold calls is simply annoying!

Tip ko sa agent na yan, don't do it you will just annoy people and tendency is hindi pa sila bibili sayo!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I was driving to work yesterday, when suddenly my phone rang. The phone number is not in my directory so syempre medyo apprehensive ako kunin yung call kasi if its not in my directory malamang its not really important and I can just ignore it.

Pero what the heck! So I parked at the sides with blinkers on (I didn't use my Fiesta since it was coding, could have been much easier) and took the call.

Yun pala its just a Hyundai Greenhills agent (female) asking me if I wanted to buy a car? Nainis ako and said with a string HINDI! Hindi ko kailangan ng kotse. I hanged up immediately afterwards.

Bwisit itong mga to. First of all how the hell did they get my number, I bought my Hyundai at Quezon Ave and not at Greenhills. And its annoying that they do make cold calls now. Spam texts are tolerable but cold calls is simply annoying!

Tip ko sa agent na yan, don't do it you will just annoy people and tendency is hindi pa sila bibili sayo!
    I dont see anything wrong about this... Just doin her job and trying to earn a living... No harm done

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i agree with clavel3699.. perhaps tidus1203 was just caught off guard, baka natiyempuhan mainit ang ulo..
    it's hard to be in sales.. so i guess as long as the caller was polite, we should respond politely as well
    cool lang tayo mga kapatid, you'll feel better after drive safely

Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    I dont see anything wrong about this... Just doin her job and trying to earn a living... No harm done

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I believe the issue is more about privacy and/or intrusion. Mobile phone numbers, by nature, are not published, unlike landline numbers, which are listed in the directory. Hence, generally, we don't expect to receive calls or text from strangers. Yet, like tidus, I have received sales calls on my mobile phones from total strangers who even know my name. So obviously they must have gotten the information from either my mobile telco or other companies with whom I have had transactions and so doing, provided my contact info. That these companies are giving out my contact info, either for profit or otherwise, without my permission, is obviously something I don't appreciate. That insensitive salespeople call me during important meetings, lunch/dinner time, or during late night/early morning hours is something I actually detest. So, I generally do not entertain such calls. In fact, if they manage to get through, I usually just put them on hold...and never get back to them.

The proper way, given the technology today, would be to send an introductory, relatively non-instrusive text message asking if I would be interested in their products/services and if so, when would it be a convenient time to discuss it. In fact, by being courteous and considerate, salespeople increase their chances of getting through to their prospects. I, for one, would reply positively if I am interested. OTH, with cold sales calls, I get so turned off, it ruins any chances of my buying even if I am very interested.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I actually appreciate it if they text first. If they call, I tell them to send the marketing spiel to my e-mail and I'll get back to them.

I guess the hard sell is because of the Filipino mentality. Most of us are polite. Too polite. Which means when we're asked if we can spare a moment of time, the natural answer is "Yes!"

But the times they are a-changing. Bore too many people with the same old "pamasahe lang po... pangpagkain lang po... sige po... last na ito..." (with puppy dog eyes as you lean on the window) or "Sir, would you like to avail of our promo" (with the harang-harang motion as you walk down the mall) and people become desensitized, even immune to those ploys.

Do it for a while and you'll get a few suckers. Do it for long enough and people will tune you out, just as easily as they tune out ads posted on walls and posts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I actually appreciate it if they text first. If they call, I tell them to send the marketing spiel to my e-mail and I'll get back to them.

I guess the hard sell is because of the Filipino mentality. Most of us are polite. Too polite. Which means when we're asked if we can spare a moment of time, the natural answer is "Yes!"

But the times they are a-changing. Bore too many people with the same old "pamasahe lang po... pangpagkain lang po... sige po... last na ito..." (with puppy dog eyes as you lean on the window) or "Sir, would you like to avail of our promo" (with the harang-harang motion as you walk down the mall) and people become desensitized, even immune to those ploys.

Do it for a while and you'll get a few suckers. Do it for long enough and people will tune you out, just as easily as they tune out ads posted on walls and posts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    madali naman sabihin na sorry not interested... tapos ang boxing...

kung wala sa phone directory ko talagang hindi ko sinasagot pero pagnasagot ko... just tell him/her politely na sorry not interested...

If paggabi naman or nasa meeting ako usually nakasilent mode ako... alam sa offfice and my staff paggabi walang tawag txt lang.

cellnumbers ngayon ay hindi na private line... kasama na sya pang araw araw. pagmay naghingi ba nang number mo landline mo sasabihin mo hindi dba cell number kasi eto ang pinakaconvenient sa lahat.

I dont think na intrude ang buhay mo coz madali sabihin na sorry not interested and no harm done. It will take 2seconds of your time.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    madali naman sabihin na sorry not interested... tapos ang boxing...
    Yeah.
    To some extent, I actually enjoy shutting down these cold callers.

Marketing Rep: Sir, I would like to tell you about our new Shangri-La membership card.
    Me: <interrupts> Sorry, not interested.
    Marketing Rep: ..ah...may I know why, sir? I haven't even told you about the benefits.
    Me: Goodbye. <hangs up>

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    haynako dami tumatawag dito araw araw

credit card, hotel membership, ink and toner

usual answer ko "sorry, try niyo nalang sa iba"

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Yeah.
    To some extent, I actually enjoy shutting down these cold callers.

Marketing Rep: Sir, I would like to tell you about our new Shangri-La membership card.
    Me: <interrupts> Sorry, not interested.
    Marketing Rep: ..ah...may I know why, sir? I haven't even told you about the benefits.
    Me: Goodbye. <hangs up>
    yah. tama coz u told him/her politely wag na hihirit pa... tapos na boxing no harm no foul...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Greenhilss making COLD CALLS!