New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    napaka babaw lang nito nasa goons squad na... sana kinuha mo name nung agent then puntahan mo sa hyundai greenhills then pag sisigawan mo and ask mo narin kung pano nila nakuha contact number. tell them also kung gano ka importante yung oras mo na sinayang nila sa pagtawag niya.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    information is a commodity. it is traded and sold, it has a monetary value. for example, if the marketing division of a company wants to buy 1,000 names of filipinos 30-45 years old, living in MM, single, owns a car, living in a condo, etc etc and who just went on an overseas vacation in the last 180 days all they need is to send an email to the keepers of that information (like credit card companies, airlines, travel agencies) and they will get it within the day, for a fee of course.

so if you have at one time in your life filled up a form stating your personal information, especially if that form was submitted to a bank, credit facility (e.g., credit card company) or any other kind of financial institution, or a marketing agent/firm, or insurance, then that information is already in a pool that is for sale to whomsoever needs or wants it. so if you get a letter from a credit card company, get a call from a phone marketing firm, or get offers of "free" vacations do not be surprised anymore where they got your name, address, telephone numbers, etc. those information came from you! they know everything you had written down, they may even be looking at your picture at that moment. so next time you fill up an application form for a loan make sure you read the fine print, there is a privacy clause like "the company reserves the right to use the information entered herein blah blah blah...". the saving grace is that some of those forms will have a non-waiver, like ticking a box if you do want the information to remain confidential. but since most of us are just too eager to get the loan we often become too polite to deny them our privacy.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ******** double post! **********

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Nako ang yayaman niyo kasi kaya favorite kayo ng mga sales agents tawagan! :p

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbyrider View Post
    napaka babaw lang nito nasa goons squad na... sana kinuha mo name nung agent then puntahan mo sa hyundai greenhills then pag sisigawan mo and ask mo narin kung pano nila nakuha contact number. tell them also kung gano ka importante yung oras mo na sinayang nila sa pagtawag niya.

nasapol mo!

or just ignore the call.....di pa sumama araw mo.
    & i would bet..... it would be not the last. marami pa tatawag kay ts na ganyan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    sorry double post

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    baka ang yayabang kamo!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    madali naman sabihin na sorry not interested... tapos ang boxing...

kung wala sa phone directory ko talagang hindi ko sinasagot pero pagnasagot ko... just tell him/her politely na sorry not interested...

If paggabi naman or nasa meeting ako usually nakasilent mode ako... alam sa offfice and my staff paggabi walang tawag txt lang.

cellnumbers ngayon ay hindi na private line... kasama na sya pang araw araw. pagmay naghingi ba nang number mo landline mo sasabihin mo hindi dba cell number kasi eto ang pinakaconvenient sa lahat.

I dont think na intrude ang buhay mo coz madali sabihin na sorry not interested and no harm done. It will take 2seconds of your time.
    It is not just 2 seconds of your life if you are awakened by a 9 pm cold sales call then have a difficult time sleeping again.

It is not just 2 seconds of your life if you have to get up from your dinner table to retrieve your mobile phone in your office/den because your maid happened to hear the phone ring and told you about it.

It is not just 2 seconds of your life if you happen to be driving and have to retrieve your mobile phone from your briefcase and in so doing almost run over a pedestrian because you have to look at your briefcase.

You cannot assume someone's phone is in silent or or off mode or that said person is not waiting for a very important call only to be bothered by an intrusive and unwanted sales call.

Different people have different lives. You cannot assume just because you have the luxury of time, others will have also.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    information is a commodity. it is traded and sold, it has a monetary value. for example, if the marketing division of a company wants to buy 1,000 names of filipinos 30-45 years old, living in MM, single, owns a car, living in a condo, etc etc and who just went on an overseas vacation in the last 180 days all they need is to send an email to the keepers of that information (like credit card companies, airlines, travel agencies) and they will get it within the day, for a fee of course.

so if you have at one time in your life filled up a form stating your personal information, especially if that form was submitted to a bank, credit facility (e.g., credit card company) or any other kind of financial institution, or a marketing agent/firm, or insurance, then that information is already in a pool that is for sale to whomsoever needs or wants it. so if you get a letter from a credit card company, get a call from a phone marketing firm, or get offers of "free" vacations do not be surprised anymore where they got your name, address, telephone numbers, etc. those information came from you! they know everything you had written down, they may even be looking at your picture at that moment. so next time you fill up an application form for a loan make sure you read the fine print, there is a privacy clause like "the company reserves the right to use the information entered herein blah blah blah...". the saving grace is that some of those forms will have a non-waiver, like ticking a box if you do want the information to remain confidential. but since most of us are just too eager to get the loan we often become too polite to deny them our privacy.
    Plus 1 here.

Lessons learned -

1. For credit card companies offering me credit cards, I tell them I only provide my name and billing address, and phone number. It is a take it or leave it proposition.

2. For the companies that agree, I provide a prepaid mobile number. You will be surprised at the number of missed calls I get on a weekly basis. (I check the number on a weekly basis only).

I also use a prepaid number for non-essential transactions, too. Since using this approach, I have really cut down the number of unsolicited sales calls to my main number.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    I also use a prepaid number for non-essential transactions, too. Since using this approach, I have really cut down the number of unsolicited sales calls to my main number.
    I also maintain a prepaid number for that purpose. Somehow I still get spam messages on my postpaid (those offering loans tick me off the most!!!)

I normally ward off sales people by telling them I don't have a job. They end the conversation right away

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hyundai Greenhilss making COLD CALLS!