New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I agree... kung naka advertised ka na.. you don't have to pay the middleman na.. hindi naman ikaw ang nag avail nang service nya.. talk to the buyer.. kaya nga nag advertise ka para direct buyers lang i entertain mo eh..

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    The sales commission rates I see here are way too high for the agent, even on the 10% rate.

My friend who owns a car surplus shop gives only 10k maximum to anyone who can refer to him a successful sale. Even for sports car variants in his line-up, 10k is max na. Understandably, laway lang naman kasi ang puhunan ng agent.

My answer to the thread title is: NO. This is not how car "agents" work. I think that this is how they try to con you.

That's just me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    if the car for example is only 700k. isnt 100k too high for a commission?

also is it correct to lie to get more? is that fair? just a question.

is it wrong to be transparent? and be compensated fairly? because in the end it could actually stand in the way of a deal or even ruin reputations.
    Mataas nga yung 100K for a P700Kcar, unless you have a prior agreement with the agent , ibang usapan na yun. Ang alam kong going rate diyan is 5%, so 100K is roughly 15% already

May mga agents pa na nag ooverprice, again dapat may prior agreement yung agent at seller, kung wala, tapos nag overprice yung agent, ibang usapan na naman yan
    Last edited by totoybato; October 25th, 2007 at 05:58 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The "middlemen" i've usually dealt with before get around 5K to 10K... minsan nga pina-lunch ko lang happy na siya since kaibigan ko naman. A lot depends also on how hard to sell the vehicle in question is. But 50K??? That's plain highway robbery.

Sell the car on your own.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if the car for example is only 700k. isnt 100k too high for a commission?

also is it correct to lie to get more? is that fair? just a question.

is it wrong to be transparent? and be compensated fairly? because in the end it could actually stand in the way of a deal or even ruin reputations.
    mashado malaki 100K para sa 700K na oto.

Is it correct to lie? Well, if u ask your parish priest, u know the answer.

But when it comes to money and business, deception is everywhere. Right or wrong isnt the point. It's the way things are e.

Is it wrong to be transparent? Well, there are people who are transparent during transactions. But many are not. So, again, this isnt about right and wrong. It's the way of things.

Yes, there are deals that dont push thru coz of greedy agents. that's business.

Kaya u have to be firm on ur final price. Make that clear to the agent. Coz It will be his decision whether the deal goes thru or not. Sabihin mo hanggang saan ka lang. Take it or leave it.

Ung FIRM and FINAL PRICE mo. That's what really matters. Who cares kung kikita ung ahente sa buyer. Labas na yan sa transaction nyo. Dont let the buyer bother u about ung ibibigay nya sa ahente. Problema na nya yun. Basta bayaran ka sa presyo na gusto mo.
    Last edited by uls; October 25th, 2007 at 05:36 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If you don't want to deal with the agent, why not tell it straight to his face? Assuming of course na hindi mo naman kinuha yung services niya. Kamo sila na lang mag-usap nung buyer.

Pero honestly, pag ako yung buyer and an agent will be asking me 50k as his commission, I'd tell him to go to hell. That's way too much. At most, mga 10k lang ibibigay ko sa kanya, at mabigat pa yun sa puso ko, hehehe.

Bottomline is, as uls said, basta nabenta yung sasakyan sa presyong gusto mo, it won't matter naman kung magkano pa yung commission niya.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The "middlemen" i've usually dealt with before get around 5K to 10K... minsan nga pina-lunch ko lang happy na siya since kaibigan ko naman. A lot depends also on how hard to sell the vehicle in question is. But 50K??? That's plain highway robbery.

Sell the car on your own.
    lol..i am selling the car on my own. these guys just came in dictating their so-called parameters. i suspect it is because the buyer really wants it so they come in. mis-quoting without even consulting and all. no offense but one of them may actually be part of tsikot. i am not saying anything further than that. because that shouldn't matter.

in fact i have refused to take a deposit since i want everything clear before proceeding.

and that is why i am asking you guys what you think.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    okay so how does it work guys?

this has actually happened this week. a guy calls and says he has a buyer for a car. he asks for a 50k finders fee. now he claims that he will not get anything from the buyer. then you find out that the buyer is trying to haggle since he claims he will have to give 50k to the agent.

now since the agent wasnt quite up-front how does this work? he also stated to both parties that he is not getting anything from the other side.

what are the standard rates to date?

your thoughts?
    normally sir stick ka lang sa asking price mo. bahala na sila pumatong. or ibaba mo ng konti price mo para kumita din sya sa patong nya. and if posible avoid mo na ang agents na humihingi ng malaki. AFAIC humihingi din ng finders fee yan sa buyers.
    Last edited by LexTer; October 25th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung sa simula pa palang magulo na txn, at dinidiktahan ka na nang kung ano ano. I think I cancel mo na Txn.

Middleman has really nothing to lose.

Ingat din, may mga buyer na kasabwat middleman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Kung ang sasakyan eh un model at year na trip na trip mo talaga, tapos mahirap pang makatiyempo o nagkaka-unahan, it could be worth it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Is this how car agents really work?