New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Pa-tulo laway mo muna yung buyer sa car.

Tapos, say mo sa agent, I get x amount, period.

O di ayos.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    drop this buyer and wait for a new one.....ikaw ang nagbebenta so ikaw ang meron say....to hell with them...huwag mo silang kausapin...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I agree that what matters most is that you get a NET price you and the buyer can live with. Mukhang malaki yung hinihingi nung ahente (kasi usually, 5-10k lang) pero kung yun ang rason kung bakit di kayo magkakasundo ng buyer, eh di i-no deal mo na. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    You can always keep the car...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    If you don't want to deal with the agent, why not tell it straight to his face? Assuming of course na hindi mo naman kinuha yung services niya. Kamo sila na lang mag-usap nung buyer.

Pero honestly, pag ako yung buyer and an agent will be asking me 50k as his commission, I'd tell him to go to hell. That's way too much. At most, mga 10k lang ibibigay ko sa kanya, at mabigat pa yun sa puso ko, hehehe.

Bottomline is, as uls said, basta nabenta yung sasakyan sa presyong gusto mo, it won't matter naman kung magkano pa yung commission niya.

yep ito talaga yun. let say 700k presyo mo tapos nabenta ni ahente ng 750k bale ok lang ibigay ung 50k sa ahente

pero ako 5k is fair. minsan pa nga as low as 2k nalang magkasundo lang sa benta. malaki din talaga ang range

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    For me as long as i get the final price i want, i don't really care how much the agent gets(from either me/buyer). But knowing you've been lied to leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, regardless kung ganyan man talaga ang kalakaran. Even if everyone's doing it, it doesn't mean it's right. I'd rather not sell my call to him and his buyer.

So, i don't seek them out and ask for their services and just try to sell directly. But if one comes around and said he has a buyer, sure i might consider to entertain him/her as long as we agree on the my FIRM/FINAL price and his 'commision'. If the deal doesn't push thru because of his high commision(from either or both the seller/buyer), then so be it, i wouldn't have possibly met the buyer if not for him.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there are lots of scumbag agents out there. They are part of the underground economy. Fact of life yan. La tayo magagawa.

Dito sa work, i call agents like that "shady characters".

Sa malacanang dami din shady characters hehehe

So just dont get emotional when it comes to dealing with people like that.

Just keep in mind that agents DONT care about u or the buyer. All they care about is ung kikitain nila. All they care about is mabayaran sila para makalayas na sila. Yan lang ang importante sa kanila.

So u, the seller, have to be selfish too. U have to protect ur interests. U have to be tough. Draw the line hanggang saan ka lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with most of the posts here, as long as you sell your car sa price na gusto mo, it doesn't matter kung magkano kinita ng agent, you dictate your own price, kung nakatubo ng malaki ung agent dahil pinatungan nila ng malaki ung price mo, it's okei, ganun tlaga trabaho nila. May mga na encounter na din akong mga agents na imbes na matuloy ung deal e naka cancel pa dahil sa kanila, magugulo kausap hehe.

Just be firm on your price, and pag humirit pa din ung agent na ibaba para kumita sya, e d hanap na lang sya ng ibang ibebentang oto kamo...kung hindi ka nman nagmamadali and kung wala ka nmang tinatagong sira ng oto, wala kang magiging problema sir

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just saw this thread at another forum regarding padding of asking prices. Is this normal? Or at least the amounts.

http://forum.mercedes-benz-clubs.com...ic.php?t=18988

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    there are always good eggs and bad eggs in any business basket

i have even dealt with both. at the end of the day, its still all based on consent and not forcing one to enter into a contract. so long as these bad eggs do not bad mouth you or otherwise act in a "uncivilized" manner, then just dont deal with them

but lets turn this around and instead get a list of proven good eggs so that we will all be guided on whom to deal with. likewise, we can isolate all these bad eggs

i would be interested in this list

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Is this how car agents really work?