New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Horror at McKinley | Business, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

A horrible incident reportedly occurred over the weekend at McKinley Road near the exclusive Forbes Park, with a young man believed to be of Indian descent allegedly ramming his Audi R8 sports car into another Audi. The impact reportedly made the R8 swerve, in turn causing a motorcycle with two passengers to crash into the vehicle. According to reports, one victim instantly died while two other persons are now in serious critical condition. One of the victims reportedly had to have a leg amputated.

While the crash may not have been a terrorist act with the same magnitude as the Boston Marathon explosions, witnesses said they were aghast and appalled to see the driver of the R8 speeding away from the accident, going straight towards the entrance of Dasmariñas Village where he reportedly instructed security guards not to let anyone enter the Village. The driver – said to be a wealthy young man who has a business importing eyewear (an oaky-dokey kind of brand) – was allegedly high on booze and prohibited drugs.

Ten years ago, a similar incident also happened to a businessman involved in a hit-and-run, then later on paid his driver to take the blame. This time however, there is no chance for the Indian national pinning the blame on anyone else since he was positively identified by the driver of the other Audi as clearly the one on the wheel.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The Indian-Filipino multi billionaire won't see the inside of a prison. Same reason all those reckless bus drivers neither spend time for causing death and mayhem in EDSA... An offer of money rather than a decade-long litigation will keep him out of jail...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The Indian-Filipino multi billionaire won't see the inside of a prison. Same reason all those reckless bus drivers neither spend time for causing death and mayhem in EDSA... An offer of money rather than a decade-long litigation will keep him out of jail...
    Super rich, only child, IS alumni ... according to my sources.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I remember in the 90s when the Fort was the new hip place, so much accidents were happening in McKinley.

Teenagers tripping and stealing cones pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Super rich, only child, IS alumni ... according to my sources.
    I wonder if this was the white R8 I saw inside Dasma a few weeks ago.

Quite unfortunately, in this situation, money will speak very loud.

Why do people speed on McKinley Road? It's narrow and dotted with roads coming out of the villages and clubs. I remember also an M5 that got wrecked there years ago. A family friend also lost his son to a high speed car accident on that road as well.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Pangit na yung daanan dyan sa Mckinley Road puro patches at meron na mga potholes hindi na siya smooth hindi katulad nung mga 3 years ago

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny_Lane View Post
    I remember in the 90s when the Fort was the new hip place, so much accidents were happening in McKinley.

Teenagers tripping and stealing cones pa.
    look who's back

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Radio reports says the driver will surrender himself later...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Literally, driver ulit?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Radio reports says the driver will surrender himself later...

I am sure he would be armed with the most expensive lawyers in the area with a story explaining his innocence of the accident. Blaming some other car for the entire incident.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast